Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020)
(02-03-2020, 03:55 AM)werepuppy Wrote: They look like such a gentle couple here.

Thank you!!!

(02-03-2020, 10:50 AM)Alliecat Wrote:
(02-03-2020, 03:24 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: ...became rather disenchanted with the pretentiousness of it all (I once had to redo a still life three times, and I got so pissed off when I was told to redo it again, I decided to troll the prof a bit and brought the first one again instead of painting a new one. He said 'see? You can do it if you try and put in some effort.' Yeah right).
This... "the pretentiousness"....
The story about the prof really made me laugh.  Good on you!  Did he ever find out?
I quit art class after about a month in the final year of high school.  I'd been taking it for fun, and it was fun, until that year with a different teacher who was really... "uptight", let's say.  She thought she was preparing everyone for a graphic design career.  She made me re-do something because the lettering was about 2mm lower on one side of a big poster than the other.  (Yes, she measured.)  It was taking so much after-school time to get the projects done, already behind, that I wasn't getting time for other homework.  She made art class no-longer-fun.  That is a poor legacy for a teacher.
I've thought of her now & then when I've been doing some photo-framing or design project, where I've eyeballed something and it's come out even, or close enough, to sell, and said to the memory of that teacher wherever she is, "Eat your heart out, Ms. B."  xp LOL
Any fun thing can become not-fun when you start to have pressure to "produce" I guess.  The lucky ones are the ones that can continue to produce art they like and have fun doing it.
So carry on and have fun with what you do!  grin

Oh, and, nice portrait of Salome & Orpheus.

He didn't find out LOL
Oh yeah, ladies with rulers. Prof from my main course was like that, too. Crawling around a work until she found 1mm disparity that absolutely needed to be fixed. I got so depressed there, I lost all my ability to create. I didn't have ideas, my hands became numb and it was as if I lost all my drawing skills overnight, I didn't even feel like creating something. I'm slowly trying to get back into it.

(02-03-2020, 03:26 PM)Elfy Wrote: Such an elegant couple.

Thank you very much!

Day 34

Another 9-shot doll - Felis. Please pardon the crappy photo, I'm a zombie today (low pressure and strong wind outside - kills me every time).

[Image: 40726038ed4d173e20b8c89762bb0d97.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - by neon_jellyfish - 02-03-2020, 11:57 PM