Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020)
(02-13-2020, 11:11 PM)werepuppy Wrote: Elissabat looks so stunning in your photographs. You always manage to bring out the best of each doll.

AND I WANT THOSE AZONES. The pirate boy, and possibly the darker of the Chikka's. If you know where they're going up for pre-order, please let me know!

Thank you very much!

Generally speaking, I hunt for Azones on AmiAmi, CD Japan, Dolls.moe and Fabric Friends & Dolls. Since these specific releases are direct store versions, Fabric Friends are probably the only store that will have them, but I don't know yet. I'll definitely let you know when I have more information!

(02-14-2020, 03:34 AM)davidd Wrote: Elissa is such a lovely creature of the night!

Have you had issues with her hair becoming gummy? I recently found my second Elissabat, and her hair has become a sticky mess like the one I tried to clean up a couple of weeks ago.

Thank you!!!

Yes! Sig Elissabat was one of first dolls to develop severe glueheaditis, her hair is awfully sticky, it smells terribly and the glue seepage is so bad at this point, neither simple nor boil washing helps anymore, it just melts more glue. She needs corn starch treatment, then tea tree oil treatment, then washing.

(02-14-2020, 04:49 AM)Alliecat Wrote: Elissabat looks lovely here; she's very elegant.

The Azones are great!  Not a style of doll I collect but some of my crew might want his outfit! LOL
Where did you find these?  I googled...

(02-14-2020, 05:57 AM)davidd Wrote:
(02-14-2020, 04:49 AM)Alliecat Wrote: Where did you find these?  I googled...

You gotta google better:

https://www.dollyinsider.com/wonder-fest...al-images/

https://twitter.com/neemosi/status/1226382989543657472

Tongue

Davidd beat me to it - yes, The Dolly Insider is where I get my doll news, their focus is on dolls designed and/or produced in Japan, they cover Azone, CWC (Blythe dolls), Petworks + Sekiguchi, Good Smile Company (only Harmonia Bloom dolls, not Nendoroids or other figures) and Groove; also doll exhibitions in Japan and Japanese books and magazines pertaining to dolls. If you see 'Neon' in the comment section, that's me. I mostly squeal over new releases and swear that I'll get them someday LOL

Day 45

Today is my 11th anniversary in the doll hobby! Originally, I wanted to do a group shot of my most important dolls or first dolls from each sub-collection, but it would be the same old bunch again, and I don't feel too good, so instead I decided to feature a single doll, one of my oldest - 1996 Hula Hair Teresa, in desperate need of a boil wash. She's one of three Barbies that managed to survive my childhood. I had 7 Barbies as a kid, and I played the other four to death. I didn't want to be rough with them, I just didn't gauge their durability well enough. I wish I could time-travel and ex³plain to the little me that I need to be more careful with them... I didn't take any photos of the three I still have, because they need some maintenance, but I keep making myself busy with other things that I didn't think would take that much time, so I still didn't get to fixing these dolls' clothes and hair.

[Image: 9d6a5117f8cbe65504f5d56d84813868.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - by neon_jellyfish - 02-15-2020, 02:26 AM