Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020)
(02-29-2020, 04:24 AM)werepuppy Wrote: I'm sure Iselle loves this Oddliday! She looks very ready to curl up and read.

The sound of the Oodliday as you present it make it something that ... well if there was a package trip to Oddwickshire around the time of The Fairytale Festival, I would be booking it.

She does! After all, she and the head night-librarian are the ones putting the annual fairytale book together, and she's Oddwickshire's most prominent fairytales collector, using her free days to travel around the kingdom and write down every version of every fairytale she can stumble upon.

If I could, I would move there. I'd love to have a house in Oddwick, either in the Old Town or in Cabbage Gardens (Graveyard might be too loud and lively for me). But I would also visit Quirkmore quite often.

(02-29-2020, 04:54 AM)Alliecat Wrote: Sounds fun, and Iselle is lovely. I hope to hear about more Oddlidays (great name).
I must admit to not having put that much thought into fairytales so I can’t contribute much there, but your sleeping beauties with their eyes open reminded me of a line from “Welcome to Marwen” where the hero is urged to close his eyes and get some sleep, and he says “I can’t close my eyes; I’m a doll!” LOL

Oh, you'll definitely hear about more Oddlidays, I have a ton of them to shove down your throat wink

Ability to move and close their eyes is a big part of why I love Pullips & Co. As for my Sleeping Beauties, they're awake for various reasons. I don't have my own canon for EAH (although some ideas were trying to force their way into my brain), so Briar is, according to the original canon, still awake and has some time before the fateful spinning wheel encounter.
The little fake bisque one woke up from the cursed sleep not too long ago and as for the zombie one, I don't know the official canon, but I imagine that zombification kind of counts, so she's currently suffering from the curse, but she's undead instead of alseep. There is official book trilogy for Once Upon A Zombie, but only two books are out and things seem to get more and more delayed, and I don't want to start a trilogy before it's complete. I might just end up abandoning the official backstory and create my own for my zombie princesses.

(02-29-2020, 05:28 AM)davidd Wrote: Oddlidays is a wonderful word! And Oddwickshire is a wonderful world!

And today's Head Librarian photo is especially wonderful! Heart 2 Truly mesmerizing!

Thank you very much!!!

(02-29-2020, 07:28 AM)Lejays17 Wrote: The holiday sounds absolutely amazing, and the I adore the idea for new / reimagined fairytales being made into fancy books each year.

I’d definitely book a trip to attend the Festival if i was able too.

Is Iselle holding a book of fairytales?

Thank you! The books have mostly old fairytales, Oddwickshire has a lot of them, plus, there are many fairytales that have species-specific variants - for example, when a fairytale involves humans, fairies and werewolves, each of those communities will have a slightly different variant of that tale, putting more emphasis on their species. Oddwickshire fairytales don't really get new retellings, because nobody feels the need to do so. The sanitization doesn't happen there, Oddies are the last ones to be interested in toning down the horror. However, new fairytales pop up from time to time, too. They're like urban legends, but they usually maintain the fairytale format and style of storytelling.

Yes, I wanted photo of Iselle with the new fairytale book. The actual prop is the little 'Fairy Bible' that comes with Lil' Fairy dolls, Iselle borrowed it from Monty (although in my WIP canon, he isn't a fairy).

Day 60

[Image: ecd65960c280671fe3d2f91c8b100ddb.jpg]
"So this is that ultra-special extra day, huh?"
"It is?! I didn't notice, haha. I guess that when you're 1600, you kinda don't care anymore..."
"I don't see what's so special about it. Doesn't really feel all that different. Doesn't give you extra full moon, either..."
"Well, it's usually not there, it only appears once every four years, but that's all there is to it..."
"Haha, you make it sound like it was a ghost..."
"Now that would be voltageous! Why isn't there a special ghost to appear only on February 29?"
"Wanna go kill someone?"
"...!!!"
"Just kidding, just kidding! Wouldn't want to get blood on my top. Animal prints and blood stains don't go together at all."

Unfiltered:

[Image: 0cb4a9552a530c42569c1c2e0839805e.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - by neon_jellyfish - 02-29-2020, 10:37 PM