Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020)
(03-17-2020, 02:19 AM)davidd Wrote: Several states in the US, even some with very few cases and no deaths, have implemented restaurant closures, allowing only take-out or delivery. Some cities are declaring curfews, allowing nobody on the streets between 1030pm (22:30) and 5:00am. (Does the virus spread more actively at night?) The federal government is now seriously considering a nationwide travel ban.

This is no longer about public safety. This is about those in power choosing to exert their power, and reveling in the harm they are causing, while assuring people that it is for their safety.

Scores of small businesses are closing. Hourly wage earners will be destitute by the end of the month, unable to pay their bills, with their credit ratings destroyed.

I am feeling like Frankie in your photo, trapped by the madness with no means to escape.

One "ex-pert" on television a few minutes ago questioned the extent and the efficacy of the draconian measures, wondering on the air if it might simply be better to lift all restrictions and simply let the virus run its course rather than destroying the country in what will ultimately be a futile effort to defeat it.

(EDIT-UPDATE: ) Two counties in my state are requiring restaurants to close all seating areas an only offer take-out or delivery orders. This order is in place "for the foreseeable future," meaning, potentially, forever.
Grocery stores in the closest city and in our nearby small town are now completely sold out of toilet tissue, potatoes, milk, soap, and feminine hygiene products. (This last I just happened to notice as I was walking past empty shelves. Doesn't affect me so much, but could impact most of the members of this forum.)
This is based on 29 cases and no fatalities.
I must admit to feeling extremely pessimistic about things at the moment. It won't be long until absurd restrictions and shortages of common goods drive people to do very uncivilized things.

I see your hystery is closing in on ours... Stay safe!

(03-17-2020, 05:07 AM)werepuppy Wrote: There is a great horror feel to both pictures, which really fits with, well, everything right now...

Yeah, horror is the right word.

Day 77

ADAW #11
Well, obviously...

[Image: d51aa599f0f80a883f67b231f91d18cd.jpg]
"Your Majesty?"
"...What blood."

[Image: 2772138762ef79d268c16a78d0ac7831.jpg]

Shortage of everything continues. I managed to get some cotton and a few pieces of elastic cord for my and my family's masks. Prague is pretty much out of elastic cord (and the cotton will follow soon), since everyone is buying yards and yards of it, because with everything changing from hour to hour, nobody knows how long will the fabric stores stay open. Czechs are awful people. Ever since the limited movement of persons rule became effective, people keep calling the police to report those who dared to go outside, eventhough it's actually permitted. They just don't understand the rules, partially because they're idiots, partially (and that's a huge part) because the government is still unable to communicate these things clearly. The rest of the chaos is the same as before. Everything keeps changing, nobody tells people what exactly is going on, shortage of important materials, such as surgical masks, respirators, disinfectants and toilet paper continues, and tomorrow, we will also run out of COVID-19 tests.

I am so tired of this.

As of this writing, Czech republic has 383 cases of COVID-19, three serious ones, no deaths, and first three people are fully recovered.
EDIT: A few minutes after I posted, new numbers came in - we now have 434 cases, three serious, no deaths.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - by neon_jellyfish - 03-18-2020, 03:41 AM