Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020)
(03-23-2020, 03:17 AM)davidd Wrote: Appropriately post-apocalyptic processing on the second pic.

Thank you!

(03-23-2020, 06:47 AM)werepuppy Wrote: Your sewing set up looks  comfortable

It is!

(03-23-2020, 11:46 AM)Alliecat Wrote: Aw, how can you not love the idea of Dark Forest Girls as a band? LOL
Nice that the cops have a sense of humour & are trying to lighten spirits.
Glad you have something constructive & helpful to do.... I hear there are volunteer networks in the USA doing this for medical people.

I do, they don't LOL

In Czech Republic, volunteers were supplying surgical masks for some hospitals, cops, firefighters, but mostly for other civilians. Almost half of the nation is wearing homemade masks. I'm not being figurative. I don't have exact numbers, but it really is about a half of us. The few masks the state had went to 'front lines', to docs and such, so filthy commoners had to make do with what they had home. Luckilly, sewing is quite common here, so most people were able to sew their own mask or knew someone who could make it for them. One person could make masks for their family and neighbors, and these little networks covered quite a lot. We could do a lot more if we didn't run out of cotton! I made masks for my family, now I'm making spares for myself, but once I'm done with those, I'll be out of fabric, so I can't make masks to donate. Plus I'm still painfully slow, as I'm still pretty much new to this.

(03-23-2020, 06:43 PM)Elfy Wrote: That’s a great and useful way to put skills to work.

Thank you! For me, it's also a way to build up skills, as I'm still lacking in that area.

Day 83

More sewing. I'm tired today, so I only have a crappy snapshot, but it features the most gorgeous model ever. She's not afraid of the noise the machine's making at all. She's very curious.

[Image: 5b7085e5396691d760c8001f5be3ad34.jpg]

Yesterday evening, the first person with COVID-19 died. But they were 95 years old, had several terminal illnesses (including very weak heart), and they had only a few months left at best, so nobody knows whether they really died because of the coronavirus.

As of this writing, we have 1236 cases of COVID-19, I don't know how many serious ones, but still around 20, one death, six people are fully recovered. And not a yard of cotton!!!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - by neon_jellyfish - 03-24-2020, 03:42 AM