Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020)
Thank you, guys!

Day 114

Happy World Book Day! This one is in fact international, unlike the UK-exclusive World Book Day that was earlier this year. In my first year of ADAD, I used Ghoulia as a model for this day, last year it was Iselle the Librarian, so after MH and Pullip bookworms, I wanted to show an EAH one this year.

But I don't seem to have one? Ever After High itself doesn't seem to have one, for that matter? Apple is very studious, but that's mostly because the fairest of them all needs the fairest grades to match her image, she doesn't seem to be introvert with love for reading. Dexter is generally nerdy, but again, not exactly the reading type. Darling reads a lot, but that's all for research she needs for other things. There was a line called Book Party, a budget line featuring Ginger, Kitty and Lizzie (and instead of giving them all glasses, they removed them from the one character who actually had them - Ginger), but there isn't anything in the canon that would show these characters as book enthusiasts. The EAH canon is a mess, with webisodes and books being separate things, and I haven't read the books, I only know the webisodes, but based on that, I don't think EAH has an 'introvert who loves reading' character. Maybe they all kinda love books, because they're fairytales, but no character seems to have a more profound bond with literature, aside from Giles Grimm, maybe, but being an old teacher, he never got a doll... This is so wrong.

So I chose what books I want to feature and then picked Cedar siggy, because she's cute and looks good with them.

[Image: ae554fe65abc654c79f43767b40a9698.jpg]

This is an absolutely wonderful line of books, they feature recipes, life hacks, and similar stuff from 19th to early 20th century (they're based on books for young wives from back then, my grandma has one somewhere). They're always called [insert topic] of Our Grandmothers or something similar (like Our Grandmothers' Christmas Recipes), and they're always full of vintage illustrations, like the ones you see on covers. There are several sub-lines, like cookbooks, books about gardening, etc. The books in the photo are from line about 'magic' stuff, like what talismans were believed to bring luck or protect from evil, what do dreams mean, zodiac, and various other silly-but-lovely superstitions.

I absolutely love these, I have quite a collection. They're bound rather tight, so sadly, I wasn't able to arrange one to stay open.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - by neon_jellyfish - 04-23-2020, 08:58 PM