Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020)
(05-06-2020, 02:03 AM)dargosmydaddy Wrote: So bright and pretty and spring-y! Gorgeous!

Thank you!

(05-06-2020, 03:03 AM)davidd Wrote: This is what you call a simple sketch, with so much detail and so many beautifully blended colors? Uhm... okay.

Interesting fantasy/sci-fi scenario you have created for this sketch and this creature to fit them in to your world. Some of the aspects I find most appealing about Oddwickshire are the elements of science and technology that accompany the magic.

Thanks! You see, the trick is that I only have to come up with one half and just copy the other one, plus, there aren't that many details, they're just strategically placed to make it look detailed, and playing with colors is actually very relaxing.

I want my dolls to live carefree (after)lives, so the omnipotent magic needs to be there, but omnipotent magic can get boring soon, which is why so many characters either use it in limited amounts or not at all. Oddwickshire naturally produces magic plants and creatures, so Florianne doesn't need to add more magic for these things to work, she just messes with their DNA in a pure mad scientist fahion.

(05-06-2020, 05:20 AM)Alliecat Wrote: OK, I seriously want one of these in my orchid collection!  A Lepidopsis floriana would be the most wonderful addition.  What currency does Oddwickshire use?  Do they take Paypal??  Will they ship???
What a fun idea.  I love it.
The more times I read it the more I love it.  I wish these things existed  yay

Hope you can reboot your head soon.  Feel better!

I'm glad you like it!
Oddwickshire currency is something I'm working on. I'm sure they'd be happy to do business with you, I just didn't find the portal to that world yet. I'm working on that, too, because I want to move there.

Also, that's a wonderful idea for the name and I'm making it official canon.

Thank you!

(05-06-2020, 09:28 AM)werepuppy Wrote: Oh, that is gorgeous

(05-06-2020, 05:28 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: Gorgeous butterfly orchid, I wish they were available here!

Florianne is a marvel with her botany!

Thank you both!!!

(05-06-2020, 06:21 PM)Elfy Wrote: I love the plantimal, too. Yet another reason to move to Oddwickshire.

Thank you! I'll let you know if, I mean when, I find that portal.

Day 127

I have last two FdC posters to post, both for the Noir sub-line, which is my favorite part of FdC. These ghouls were impossible to get in Europe, but I was lucky, there was store that was often able to get HTF releases for me, eventhough the official Mattel distributor for Czech Republic didn't offer them. Not always, but I got lucky a few times.

[Image: 071bd2436ddf511a82a3f9732b6ab9d6.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - by neon_jellyfish - 05-06-2020, 08:29 PM