Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020)
(05-09-2020, 09:55 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote:
(05-08-2020, 11:00 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: I like the effect of them all NOT looking at the camera this time.

Thank you! It looks quite good, doesn't it? I should do it more often.

(05-09-2020, 02:45 AM)davidd Wrote: The phrase "pyramid o' hair" made me laugh!

The EAH figs look so much better in your photos than they seem to in real life.

wink

Thank you! Haha, I actually still feel like my photos don't do them justice.

(05-09-2020, 03:54 AM)werepuppy Wrote: Oh that does look lovely. Making them all look in different directions works well.

Thank you very much!!!

Day 130

Newcomers.

[Image: cb3e70e72a0cc229c756b1f9b9567294.jpg]

WARNING!
Depressive story ahead!

This is actually quite sad. My grandmother (not the one I posted about before - the one who gave me my fake bisque Briar Rose / Sleeping Beauty, this is the other grandmother) has been suffering from dementia for quite a while, but she was able to take care of herself with our help. But it got much worse after Christmas, she probably suffered some sort of stroke which made everything spiral down, and now she's unable to do anything, and she can no longer stay at home, she's in hospice care now. It's a sad way to wrap up one's life. She's not dead, but she completely ceased living. She suffers from sudden health issues of all kinds now, because while her organs are OK, the brain just can't handle them properly anymore. In the very rare moments her brain was 'on', she still recognized us, but most of the time, she didsn't seem to even register we're there. We weren't even allowed to visit her since she was placed at hospice last month, because all visits are forbidden due to pandemic. Our relationship was always... weird, but I never wanted to see her like this. I wish she could have enjoyed her last years in peace and pass away without pain.

There is no chance of recovery, so we are sorting her stuff now, because we will be renting her apartment to earn money for the hospice care. I decided to take these home and snap a pic of them now and then. They're bigger than my Briar Rose, but I still think they can be friends.

Sorry for the depressive rambling guys, I know this isn't a good time to read about this sort of thing. I'll post something more cheerful tomorrow.

I am so sorry you have to be going through this. Even though you say your relationship with her was weird, I can only imagine the feelings you and your family must be going through right now.
Its nice you can have a  beautiful keep sake with ypu to remind you of better times.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - by Aichan - 05-11-2020, 10:46 AM