Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020)
(05-27-2020, 12:26 AM)werepuppy Wrote: Dracula day? Now that is cool! Lala seems quite proud of this Nosferatu-esque poster. Seriously, very cool doodle.

(05-27-2020, 01:06 AM)davidd Wrote: One-hundred twenty years of Dracula?!

What... I mean vhat a superb illustration! Suitable for a 120th anniversary edition Dracula book cover!

(05-27-2020, 01:20 AM)dargosmydaddy Wrote: Great atmospheric shot! I love her dress, and the doodle is, as always, top notch!

Thank you very much, guys!!!

(05-27-2020, 04:27 AM)Loona Wrote: Great to hear about the orchids not being *that* dependent on humidity. I'm a saver-type, so considering this information I might try to pick up one of those wilting, discounted orchids I often see at supermarkets the next time I run into an offer like that.

Yay for Dracula Day! I love the original book, and I love the Murnau and Browning film adaptations (Nosferatu from 1922, and Dracula from 1931, respectively). And I also love Draculaura, her doll form is cute, and her personality makes her probably my favourite character in the animated series. I adore this Sweet 1600 dress, and while the doll has moved on, I did keep her dress, it looks great on a number of my ghouls.

Once again, I love this doodle! You can buy me with Gothic windows any time, and I love the cracked effect, as well as the Nosferatu-like silhouette of the count <3

Nosferatu and Dracula with Bela Lugosi are my favorites, too, they're what I compare the other Dracula movies to. Although in general, I don't really like Dracula movies, to be honest. I don't even love the book - I like the story itself, but the pseudo-journal entries style just doesn't work for me. But I'm very fond of the old-school, elegant and captivating, but terrifying vampires who see humans simply as prey, so I like Carmilla, Dracula & Co for solidifying that archetype in modern literature (I guess the first one was Lord Ruthven, but I think Dracula stole the show. I haven't read The Vampyre - yet).

Thank you very much!

(05-27-2020, 01:42 PM)Alliecat Wrote:
(05-27-2020, 12:17 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: ...Is it just me, or are we slowly turning this place into an orchid forum?
Hehe, I'm cool with that xp
Ooo, I googled that cross... wow.  Zygopetalums are so cool.  I've never seen an opportunity to get one here.  Where do you get your orchids?  Here, you could find phals in grocery stores (if you get there before they let them die sad  ) and very rarely a dendrobium in a garden center.  Generally you don't see the more exotic ones.  And I can't order any of the lovely ones I see on eBay cos you need a phytosanitary certificate -- costs more than the plant, if my inquiries the first time I went to Hawaii are still valid.  Can you import them?
I have some mid-size "minis" too, but I don't think I knew they could change colour...???

Your Dracula looks especially spectral because it looks like the fiery background is shining right through his head and eyes smile

We also have phals in grocery stores, garden centers and flower shops offer a dendro or a cat now and then (in addition to phals), and a lot of them can order stuff if you ask for it, even if they don't sell it normally. Some bigger garden centers and botanical gardens host annual exhibitions (which have all been cancelled this year, grrrh), and you can get all sorts of beauties there. I saw the zygo hybrid at an exhibition, and loved it, so my cousin ordered it for me as a birthday gift the next year.

The color changing isn't limited to minis, or phals, for that matter, it can happed to all hybrids with more sophisticated coloring. From what I've read, all art shades can be prone to this, but it takes years. I want to add an art shade or two to my collection, but I'm running out of space. My oldest orchid is losing her spots, she's almost twelve years old, she started losing color after cca ten years. But that's just fading due to her age, not changing to parent color.

And thank you!!!

(05-27-2020, 04:22 PM)Elfy Wrote: The chap in the doodle has a very Nosferatu look about him. Do the other classic monsters get a day of their own?

(05-27-2020, 05:16 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: Excellent scary Nosferatu doodle,  Sweet 1600 Draculaura has such a pretty dress.

Thank you both!!! One more classic monster has a special day (don't worry, we're not going to miss it), others have to make do with Paranormal Day (May 3).

Day 148

Today is broken. I'm going to find someone to complain to and demand a replacement or a refund.

[Image: f066e25dddaa7da3eec2f43adde4574f.jpg]

Unfiltered original:

[Image: 0242861779723f00b995ca6e66243248.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - by neon_jellyfish - 05-28-2020, 02:00 AM