Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020)
(05-29-2020, 02:28 AM)davidd Wrote: Look at you, getting all literary and high-brow with Shakespeare and stuff!  yay

Marvelously moody setting! Your lighting here is excellent, with the gravestones barely visible in the background, and Frankie looking particularly malevolent. Well, as malevolent as Frankie can pretend to be, at any rate!

Each time you post these vinyls I find myself regretting not having collected them.

That cauldron... that's from one of the Monster High sets, right? I must have one around here somewhere, it looks familiar. Although... it's actually much smaller than it appears in this photo, right? It's a good size for minis, but rather unimpressive relative to regular-size figures, as I recall. Still, I must look for the one I'm fairly sure I must have... somewhere.

And speaking of cauldrons, I could have sworn the initial "kettle" prompt for the May Scavenger Hunt said "cauldron," which I thought was pretty cool. But I was wondering if that was a translation issue, as the description sounded more like a teapot or kettle.

Thank you very much!!!

The cauldron is the one that came with Ghouls Rule Frankie, and it's more like Halloween punch bowl, but it works as a fullsized cauldron for the vinyls.

Um, no? That one was always a kettle (like from the very start, when I was putting together my spreadsheet), because I wanted that batch to be Alice-y. Also, that prompt doesn't have a description, never had... I mix kettle/tea kettle/teapot, because they work slightly differently in Czech, but I wouldn't mistake them for cauldron, such a key piece of equipment... smile

(05-29-2020, 05:37 AM)Aichan Wrote: The lighting is great so ditto what davidd said.   I love the shadow on the tombstones too. Your girls are pretty!
Great picture! I have a pic of my mini pullips around a candle that reminds me of this I have to find now!

Thank you!

(05-29-2020, 11:35 AM)Lejays17 Wrote: Sig Richelle is my favourite one - she’s so pretty.  All the Rochelles are pretty though.

And the vinyls gathered round the cauldron plotting is cool.

Rochelle is such a sweet and pretty ghoul. Rochelle army is one of my bigger ones, I have six of her, although one is in dire need of repaint, poor creature has that unfortunate kind of wonk that makes her look mentally impaired.

Thanks!

(05-29-2020, 01:09 PM)Alliecat Wrote: Both a little spooky.  Hmmm, what is that trio plotting... or seeing....?

(05-28-2020, 02:00 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: ... My oldest orchid is losing her spots, she's almost twelve years old, she started losing color after cca ten years. But that's just fading due to her age, not changing to parent color.
Well that's really interesting; I didn't know about that.  A university botany prof once said something about plants being basically immortal, when they can be divided, or produce keiki or offshoots or runners or whatever, and I tend to think of them as potentially like that.  My first orchid, I've had about 30 years; it's a mini and hasn't changed colour.  I wish there were orchid shows around here too -- I went to one in Nova Scotia years ago which was where the potinara came from.  Lesson to self for the future:  when you get 5 seedlings in a pot divide them up so as not to get into the same mess I've had with it now, where I had to literally cut it apart.  Oh My

Quote:Today is broken. I'm going to find someone to complain to and demand a replacement or a refund.
I'm sincerely sorry you had a day like that, but, I absolutely LOVE this line and I'm sure I'll have a use for it in the future!
Hope tomorrow gets reinstalled properly.

Oooh, 30 years! Coooool! I hope I'll manage to keep my darlings alive that long. My fading one is one of those cheap phals that you see half dead and discounted in grocery stores after they've been weeks without sunlight while being carefully drowned by personnel, because nobody bothered to keep track of who watered what and when. I asked about her fading color in a garden center that also provides consulting and they told me it happens to some plants with age. When I googled more about it, I found that some hybrids are also prone to changing color rather than just fading.

(05-29-2020, 03:52 PM)Elfy Wrote: Great idea to use the vinyls as the 3 witches from the Scottish play.

Thank you!

Day 150

I have a mig pic of GR Frankie today. She's one of my favorite Frankie releases.

[Image: 690509e4d14fdd9c4e41a4242862c0a6.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - by neon_jellyfish - 05-29-2020, 08:07 PM