Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020)
(06-12-2020, 01:43 AM)davidd Wrote: Thanks for posting another Gloom and Bloom fig. Nice design of the dragon-themed skirt. Purple and red together, and it really works!

This looks like it was a very interesting MH line. I wonder how I missed it? (I may need to conduct some "research" via eBay.)

Gloom and Bloom was great. One of the last good lines before the reboot.

(06-12-2020, 02:50 AM)werepuppy Wrote: Jinafire looks brilliant. I don't remember seeing this line in the stores either...

The distribution scheme for GnB was once again determined by reading tea leaves or casting bones (although, if they actually used bones casting, they would probably reach a much more sensible decision). Jinafire and Cleo were deluxe releases and store exclusive (don't remember which store), Catrine, Jane and Venus were standard non-exclusives. For some reason, Czech toy stores got tons of Jina and Cleo, but the three standard ones were impossible to find, I had to get mine online.

(06-12-2020, 05:53 AM)Loona Wrote: Wait. You are taking these photos with your... phone!? Oh My That's awesome! Your photos always look like they were taken with some pro camera and lighting gear, I was pretty sure that's what you use.

I'm sorry to hear about poor wonky Catrine, she's such a beautiful doll otherwise... I have her - in her original stock, but she's a ghost kitty rebodied onto a Spectra body. If we don't count Amanita, Catrine's my only Gloom and Bloom doll. while I too found the line appropriately dark, gloomy and thus beautiful, for some reason most of the dolls themselves didn't appeal to me, so while I had most of them at one point (they were luckily available here, and once there was this nice sale...) I only kept their stock and resold the dolls. In Jinafire's case I only kept the shoes - her red and gold colour scheme was unfortunately not made for me. I still have to admit that she looks striking and beautiful, and I also love the way you posed her.

Yup, I'm using my phone, but I do have a light tent and two semi-pro studio lights. Ghost kitty is such a fun idea!!

(06-12-2020, 05:10 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: Jinafire is always striking, and the Gloom & Bloom line was a fun line to look at

It was, I liked their glasshouse party in the webisodes, and I was kinda hoping for a glasshouse playset.

Day 164

Here's the poor wonky Catrine. As I mentioned, we had a lot of Cleo and Jinafire in stores, but I had to get Jane and Catrine online. Jane and Venus were quite easy to find, but Catrine was downright impossible. I got a last one from a really obscure e-shop, and I wanted this release so badly that I decided to keep her eventhough her wonk is... well, see for yourself - 

[Image: a3f4ec86257491aa3ab6797a93a8b8e8.jpg]

The lower third of her right eye is below the eye on the sculpt, half of her left eye is above where it should be, and even her mouth is slightly skewed. I kept looking for a replacement for some time, but didn't stumble upon one. Now I can't be bothered anymore. Since I'm going to do face-ups for my BJDs (which has been postponed again, because I need to buy new PC), I might try repainting her at some point. Not sure yet.

It is possible to pose her so that her face isn't visible, but that makes her quite a limiting model.

[Image: c5de22d484f4b4e427dc38d17e96caf8.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - by neon_jellyfish - 06-13-2020, 01:24 AM