Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020)
(06-19-2020, 01:56 AM)werepuppy Wrote: Both look fantastic, but I love the way the lavender colours pop in the first.

Thnak you!!!

(06-19-2020, 02:36 AM)davidd Wrote: Quite an ominous and intimidating image.

Until I realized that the acronym for the Lavender Order of Chosen Ones would be LOCO, after which it became much harder for me to maintain a proper level of decorum.

We actually discussed the LOCO acronym last year, too, and I suggested associating it with The Fool - El Loco - Tarot card, to keep it mysterious. But nothing in this dollhousehold is ever really serious, even if it isn't part of Oddwickshire, so don't worry about proper levels of decorum or other similar nonsense wink

(06-19-2020, 03:12 AM)Alliecat Wrote: Ha ha, well they do get high on the lavender, right...?  And that peach lavender jam sounds absolutely amazing.  Two very elegant looking ladies, love all the purple tones.  Graduated filters do wonders for too-bright backgrounds and too-dark foregrounds.

Thank you! Peach lavender jam is the best jam. I'm afraid filters wouldn't help with this, we're not talking too light or too dark, we're talking areas with nothing but white or black. Trying to darken or lighten them leads to grey. There's no 'information' in those areas of the photo, they're like bucket-filled with one color. That's just how my phone handles these things. To be fair, I do use it A LOT, no wonder it's starting to give. All of my ADAD challenges were/are done with this phone.

(06-19-2020, 07:27 AM)Lejays17 Wrote: Are they ruffled-edged flowers?  We had a little pot of that type a few years ago and the flowers looked so pretty.

And gorgeous Raven

This is Hidcote lavender, very nice variety of English lavender (never understood why it's called English when it's a Mediterranean plant). It's wonderful, the bushes are very even and compact, the color is rich, and the scent is very strong and lasts long even after drying. But they're more ex!pensive than common English lavender, because they're harder to, er, propagate? My English is failing me. I don't mean marketing, I mean gaining new plants.

(06-19-2020, 07:36 AM)Elfy Wrote: I feel Raven is the cult's queen.

She is!

Day 171

Nefera and her best friend.

[Image: 75b38f5bbab684c644146bb01dfec477.jpg]

[Image: b04728d95744a868bc2562b56c06938c.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - by neon_jellyfish - 06-20-2020, 02:22 AM