Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020)
(06-20-2020, 09:35 PM)werepuppy Wrote: The top picture has this appropriately eerie feel for a member of the Lavender Cult

Thank you!!!

(06-21-2020, 02:16 AM)davidd Wrote: Is the solstice a significant date for the Lavender Cult? The lavender blossoms certainly appear to be in full bloom.

I find the solstice somewhat discouraging, because while it feels like summer has scarcely begun (in the northern hemisphere), the daylight hours will now be growing shorter.

Not really, the blossoms are actually already withering (my ladies have been in bloom for over a month now, I just never got to taking photos), it's about time to cut them. I guess we (the Cult) could make solstice the Sacred Ritual of the First Cut. Lavender can bloom twice a year in our climate, assuming I don't mess up the cut. We shall see how well I fared around the beginning of September.

My vampire skin actually welcomes shorter days (and the rest of me welcomes the lower temperatures they bring, anything above 24°C is torture for me), but I can relate to your pain a little bit, it's easier to get up when it's not completely dark outside.

(06-21-2020, 03:23 AM)Alliecat Wrote: Oooo, pretty.  My one tiny little lavender survived the winter but I don’t know whether it will bloom. Have to wait and see.  Nefera & friend are two very striking ladies.
What davidd  said about the solstice… I was thinking that just last night.  slash   There’s a tiny bit of light still in the sky at nearly 10 PM; it’s wonderful.

Thank you!!

My lavender is so frost-hardy it actually still grows during winter (mind you, the winter here is nothing compared to your winter), but it does require a lot of sunshine.

(06-21-2020, 11:10 AM)Elfy Wrote: A lavender doll amongst the lavender. There’s another use for it; camouflage.

Oooh, interesting idea! It's not just the Spanish Inquisition, nobody ex²pects The Lavender Order of Chosen Ones! Our cushions are not only soft, they're stuffed with lavender, so they help you to calm down and fall asleep! And our black and purple uniforms are even nicer than the red ones, oh damn!

(06-21-2020, 12:17 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: I’m sad - I had a wonderful and waffle post about Nefera & our ruffled lavender flowers, but the internet ate it sad

Spectra looks great against the flowers too.

This happens to me, too.

Thank you!

Day 173

This thread needs more Origins pack.

[Image: 2ac71500407c2dab0edaeb321270fd5a.jpg]

This is the NON-filtered pic. Ghoulia's hair just likes to troll.

This is the filtered one:

[Image: 813a52d8083828261eb2e3375b8c5e84.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - by neon_jellyfish - 06-21-2020, 11:51 PM