Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020)
A very good way to start the Annual Redhead count.

She really is an amazing subject for the daily photos, I always love looking at her.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
(08-04-2020, 10:16 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: werepuppy - my Azone wishlist, like pretty much all my wishlists, is an ever-growing, shapeshifting monster. I keep changing it with almost each new release.

There are some specific dolls I want, like both versions of the newest Milo release or Koi Princess Maya, and then some more general things, like one of each body type, some redheads, a doll on Emotion body, dolls with pastel colored hair in both picco and pure sizes, some redheads, an Iris Collect, an Iris Collect Petite, some boys, some redheads, stuff like that.

With Piccos, I want a main trio with a girl and two boys, and then side characters with specific hair colors - mint, lilac, blue, black, silver. And more redheads. There's always room for more redheads. That doesn't mean I won't get more Piccos after that, but this is what I want to have before I dare to attempt a backstory. I've learnt from my mistakes with Oddwickshire - if I start too soon, I'm going to drown in characters that demand shells!

Monty and May are two thirds of the main trio, and I'm going to get the newest Vel and Erunoe for mint and lilac hair.

Oh I was liking the look or Erunoe myself! Mind you, I also want the Lil Fairy you call Monty as he tends to fit my aesthetic very well. 

I have to admit, each time new releases come out, I do find myself going "ooh, maybe that one will fit." So I started to put a caveat on it, I have to think of what I use using my Azones for in part, and then narrow down from there. I have an Artful Dodger and an Oliver Twist, so I decided that I would potentially try to get hold of a Pip. Or a Hannah Schueller. (From a tv series Escape of the Artful Dodger that came out in the early 2000s. A surprisingly decent show for the era of otherwise meh children's programming.) But since I purchased Luchino, I will wait a while before making another Azone purchase - though I've decided his name will be Lucas Hawkins - Lucas because it kept getting stuck in my head, and Hawkins because I love my literary nods. 

Also: it is a sheer delight and honor to see Her Majesty to kick off the Annual Redhead count. You really do take the best photos of her, I keep wanting one for my collection!
Thank you both!!!

Day 218

[Image: 77a8486607bdac78b9358315eafae1df.jpg]

Redheadcount

Characters so far: 2
Dolls so far: 2
Ahh, her red is darker and you just manage to bring out the colour so well. I do like how it matches with the flashes of red in her outfits, all like she's enticing you to come closer...
Both look absolutely regal. And what a great doodle! I think faces are very hard to do well…? This could be a book illustration. It’s terrific.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
She is beautiful and one that is on my list!
Wow, they both look stunning! I have no plans to add redheaded Pullips to my collection (I'm just this... blue-hair-obsessed girl, I guess Tongue ), but I do love to look at pictures of them - especially ones like these! I really like all the contrast against the black background. I'm really looking forward to seeing the rest of your redhead crew!

ETA: I also really like the doodle. The way her top is wrinkled, the way her hair is flowing, and her ex.pression, especially her ex.pression. It's as if she was completely absent, thinking of something, longing for something that is not here and not now. She looks lovely!
My Flickr Gallery blush

"I wear my sunglasses at night
So I can, so I can
See the light that's right before my eyes"
The drawing is... largely all I was thinking about yesterday while I was kept busy with other things. I don't know why, but I found it especially engaging, a lovely image that lingered in the mind's eye.

Perhaps it is the Beardsley-esque lines of the hair.

Of course, the presence of Her Royal Redness was even more profoundly riveting.

This upcoming countown shall be most intriguing!
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
Do we have a collective noun for redheads?
(08-06-2020, 08:33 AM)Elfy Wrote: Do we have a collective noun for redheads?

I cannot find an official collective term online. But I see that rutiluphilia refers to an attraction to or love of red hair.
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
(08-06-2020, 09:31 AM)davidd Wrote:
(08-06-2020, 08:33 AM)Elfy Wrote: Do we have a collective noun for redheads?

I cannot find an official collective term online. But I see that rutiluphilia refers to an attraction to or love of red hair.

I was thinking of gingers. Down here they were colloquially referred to as ‘rangas’.
The braids & curls are so cute on her.

Also another colloquialism down here for Redheads is “blue” or “bluey”. But that doesn’t really work as a collective noun.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
I actually did a research on that a while ago and there isn't and official collective noun for redheads, but a lot of people use 'a blaze of', and I don't dislike that.
As a redhead who was very often referred to as a ginger - and I'm from the UK, so that wasn't meant nicely - I think 'a blaze of' works perfectly!
Thank you for your kind comments, everyone!!!

Day 219

[Image: 54aa8a3eec3b7459c5383fab002c4272.jpg]

Redheadcount:

Characters so far: 3
Dolls so far: 3

Also, Azone is starting a new Picco Neemo line, Sweet Cups. EDIT: Sugar Cups!!!
As much as I'm ashamed to admit it, I did think for a brief moment that it might not be the best name, because I can imagine... other ways to interpret it than just the official one... Shame on me... Better.

Anyways! This line is about sweet treats, candy, etc, and they're going to have inset eyes! The first character will, naturally, represent chocolate, so of course I need her. I'm also hoping for a caramel-themed one.

[Image: azone-ak-garden-18-images-804.jpg]

Isn't she the fricken' cutest? Her name is Chocolala and she'll be released in winter (no specific date yet). And I'll be there to snatch her! This is going to be one hell of a rabbit hole. I'm more or less able to curate what I want in my Lil' Fairy collection, but once you throw sweets at me, I'm done for. There's no way for me to resist this! I should probably go to some remote cave and meditate for a few months, maybe the cravings won't get that bad after that...