Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020)
(08-16-2020, 11:53 PM)werepuppy Wrote: I really love Poppy's short hair! I know it's a bit silly since hair play is meant to be a draw of a fashion doll, but I do like when you get a cool short style like Poppy's.

I prefer long hair on dolls, simply because I'm better in maintaining it. While I do have a long hair fetish, I can still appreciate short styles. But I don't like styling dolls' hair with wax and gel and stuff, so I'm not looking forward to the day Poppy's hairstyle falls apart and needs to be restyled. But I'm in love with Azone boys, so at least I won't be buying any products just because of one doll. Which sounds like a perfect excuse for getting more Azone boys... yay

(08-17-2020, 02:49 AM)davidd Wrote: The mathematics rambling has me laughing so hard I don't know what to say about the photo!

Other than, those armored hand gauntlets are super cool!

Those are actually layered bracelets with charms. Still really cool, though

(08-17-2020, 01:01 PM)Alliecat Wrote:
(08-16-2020, 11:04 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: (EDIT: technically, yesterday plus one should equal 'today', as yesterday is more of an 'x', a variable rather than a solid number, but thinking about it makes me feel dizzy, so I'm not gonna anymore)

Sounds like it's Blursday again...
Technically, I believe tomorrow is the 'x' variable as it is yet unknown.  So today would be 'x-1', which therefore makes yesterday a 'y'... (as in, 'Y didn't I get more done yesterday?' or 'Y did I do that dumb thing?').  Today would also, then, be 'y+1' as the consequences of whatever you did or didn't do yesterday.  Today being today going both ways, unless you are time-travelling to an alternate universe in between those days,  x-1 = y + 1.
x - 1 + 1 = y + 1 + 1
x = y + 2
Tomorrow = yesterday + 2
See?
xp

Nice closeup portrait!
Also, 'nope-inducing' is another great term.

(08-17-2020, 01:30 PM)davidd Wrote:
(08-17-2020, 01:01 PM)Alliecat Wrote:
(08-16-2020, 11:04 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: (EDIT: technically, yesterday plus one should equal 'today', as yesterday is more of an 'x', a variable rather than a solid number, but thinking about it makes me feel dizzy, so I'm not gonna anymore)

Sounds like it's Blursday again...
Technically, I believe tomorrow is the 'x' variable as it is yet unknown.  So today would be 'x-1', which therefore makes yesterday a 'y'... (as in, 'Y didn't I get more done yesterday?' or 'Y did I do that dumb thing?').  Today would also, then, be 'y+1' as the consequences of whatever you did or didn't do yesterday.  Today being today going both ways, unless you are time-travelling to an alternate universe in between those days,  x-1 = y + 1.
x - 1 + 1 = y + 1 + 1
x = y + 2
Tomorrow = yesterday + 2
See?
xp

Nice closeup portrait!
Also, 'nope-inducing' is another great term.

LOL  Now I'm LOL'ing even more!

Do these formulæ factor in time zone differences? In my time zone, today (now, anyway) is actually tomorrow in both neon's and alliecat's time zones. It would seem there is a relativity factor.

(I didn't realize my time zone was offset by so much from Alliecat's. What look like late-nite posts to me are actually early morning posts for her. She does not exaggerate when she mentions her nocturnal tendencies!)

(08-17-2020, 02:58 PM)Alliecat Wrote:
davidd Wrote:Do these formulæ factor in time zone differences? In my time zone, today (now, anyway) is actually tomorrow in both neon's and alliecat's time zones. It would seem there is a relativity factor.

Dude
I am temporally challenged and live in the wrong time zone.  I do well to arrive at “today” before it becomes “tomorrow”.  I can’t do the higher math.

(08-17-2020, 03:14 PM)davidd Wrote:
(08-17-2020, 02:58 PM)Alliecat Wrote:
davidd Wrote:Do these formulæ factor in time zone differences? In my time zone, today (now, anyway) is actually tomorrow in both neon's and alliecat's time zones. It would seem there is a relativity factor.

Dude
I am temporally challenged and live in the wrong time zone.  I do well to arrive at “today” before it becomes “tomorrow”.  I can’t do the higher math.

If I recall correctly from your blog posts, you stood a lot of night watches on your trans-oceanic voyages. Evidence suggests your "temporally challenged" seems to be independent of time zones.
Tongue
That, then, suggests that the algebraic date formula is independent of time zones.

None of this will make sense in the morning, will it?
Whacked

See, the problem with living in my head is that yesterdays can easily be just as unknown a variable as tomorrows. But I agree, we should use x for tomorrows and y for yesterdays, not many people get this much confused.

And I also think that the formula is independent of time zones. I get confused regardless of them.

Day oh dear, here we go again... By the way, I was unsure whether it is Tuesday or Wednesday, all while still being firmly stuck in Monday. I feel like I've been granted two extra days of life! Y + (Wednesday - 2) = 230

[Image: 82349d9743b368d6a2e16076f7009f34.jpg]

Redheadcount: (man, this isn't good time for the redheadcount)

Characters so far: 11
Dolls so far: 13

By the way, I've never been tested for dyscalculia, but I do display majority of the symptoms.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - by neon_jellyfish - 08-17-2020, 11:04 PM