Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020)
(08-27-2020, 09:13 PM)werepuppy Wrote: I actually forgot they made a little mermaid...

I do like the colours they used.

I love Little, she's fun. 

I like when princesses from folk tales look differently from Disney versions. Those are an iconic take on the characters, but they became default versions of sorts, up to the point where some people think they were created by Disney as his original characters. I think these tales deserve more variety and imagination than they're currently getting.

(08-27-2020, 09:52 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: The circular stitch pattern on her torso makes me giggle, as it does look like a shark-bite

It is such a funny touch. I appreciate that they used Litlle's ex!posed skin in a fun and creative way.

(08-28-2020, 08:06 AM)Elfy Wrote: The way you've shot this it really does look like she's underwater and has spotted prey. She's fierce.

(08-28-2020, 11:17 AM)Alliecat Wrote: Strawberry blonde definitely counts!
Agree she looks fierce.  I thought she looked less like the warm-&-cutesy versions of mermaids and more like maybe some mythological versions, where they might care for you if you fell overboard, or they might eat you....  depending on their mood LOL
(This girl makes me want you to write an underwater-world counterpart to Oddwickshire LOL  )

She really does look fierce, doesn't she? I like to imaine that my dolls are mostly nice, but I do have a soft spot for mermaids (and many other creatures) from the old tales, where they were more about mayhem and whims and less about frolicking around with dolphins and developing unhealthy desires to downgrade to human.

Hmmm... underwater version of Oddwickshire you saaaayyyy.... Hmmm... That could be dangerous, as it would no doubt lead to absolutely objectively needing a lot of dolls, but it is intriguing...

(08-28-2020, 04:19 PM)Elfy Wrote: There’s a couple of great mermaid books by Mira Grant (Rolling in the Deep & Into the Drowning Deep) that have a very different view if the creatures, as does the TV show Siren.

I have those books on my wishlist! I did look up Siren in the past, but didn't watch it. I did like the look of the sirens, but wasn't interested in the human part of drama.

Day 241

[Image: 13369c18fc9b34ddc5f30c782f9e5dc6.jpg]

And that's my last redhead! She's from the same line as my Freddy, and she appeared in my ADAD back in 2018 as Judy in a very deadly Punch and Judy show.

In case you're wondering, I only have one redhead mug, not an entire collection.

Redheadcount:

Characters: 20
Dolls: 22

Messages In This Thread
RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - by neon_jellyfish - 08-28-2020, 10:37 PM