Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020)
(09-18-2020, 01:43 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Oh, I worded it badly (to be honest, I don't like my English today, but... booktalk!), I didn't mean the US don't have bookbinding courses, I meant that type of vocational school. The type where you go for professional training on secondary education level and it's like a high school, but for a specific job.

You worded it precisely and accurately. I knew exactly what you meant, which prompted my search. I fear I did not word my response as clearly as I should have.

I know that book-binding courses exist here in the U.S., mostly aimed at the hobbyist market. I have known people who have taken book-binding courses, and who create lovely journals with elaborate covers. What I was looking for was exactly what you describe: vocational or degree programs in the book-binding trade. And for that, I found only one, the American Academy of Bookbinding, which appears to teach the "nuts and bolts" of industrial bookbinding, the artisan craft of custom book-binding, and old book conservation and restoration.

Sadly, the school is currently closed due to You Know What. Their web site states that they hope to re-open in 2021.

I am now taking more time to look at the photo a second time at greater length. It is very impressive, almost spooky! I love it!
They're not dolls, they're action figures!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - by davidd - 09-18-2020, 09:25 AM