Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020)
Ahoy! I be likin' th' looks o' that schooner o' grog! Pour me a pint o' the same!

Wait... highest per capita cases in Europe? Or the world? But I was looking at Czech stats just a couple of weeks ago, and was pleased to see that you had nearly the lowest per capita rate in Europe!

The same is happening here in my state. Two weeks ago the new daily cases were averaging just below 400. The past two days, new daily cases are at 1100, with a positivity rate among those tested approaching 13%. The vast majority of new cases are in the two counties that have had the strictest mask requirements and the longest shut-downs.

None of the new cases have been in the county in which I live. Zero. Fingers XX'd it stays that way.

Hospitalizations and deaths are not increasing. Deaths are actually decreasing in the States. But many leaders are using the case numbers as an excuse to consider further restrictions, mandates, and shut-downs. And of course they trumpet the same story they have since the beginning: increasing deaths will follow the increasing case counts! Hasn't happened yet, but they keep saying it, and people keep succumbing to the fear.

It appears the "ex-perts" there are saying the same thing as "ex-perts" here: stay shut down or the virus will spread.

Or in other words, end your lives to save your lives.

It's sounding like a lose-lose situation, isn't it?

Anyway... stay safe! And don't get arrested!
They're not dolls, they're action figures!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - by davidd - 09-20-2020, 03:15 PM