Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020)
(09-23-2020, 02:47 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: I'm aware that it doesn't make much sense celebrating it here, because most people here hate this season, but I can't help it. I'm quite good at throwing one-woman-and-her-cat parties, so nevermind me, I'm just being happy for a bit wink

I think "hate" is perhaps too strong a word. At least a couple or three of us live in places that get very, very cold in winter. It is not that we dislike autumn, per se, but rather, it is a harbinger of bitter cold and lengthy stretches of winter darkness.

Autumn, however: everything you mention is appealing. I used to love autumn when I was a kid, as it meant Hallowe'en was fast approaching. School was starting, and back when I was a kid, the beginning of each school year seemed filled with potential. I loved the smells of the new school supplies: pencils, erasers, and especially the crayons!

I'm glad you're being happy, and I would love to join your woman-and-a-cat party... but, y'know, current circumstances would make that challenging.

Today's doodle is so wonderfully magical I do not even have words. That picture made me feel happy today. You have infused your drawing with your Autumn equinox joy.

The 22nd of September is Her Royal Lunacy's official birthday? I must make a note of that! I would love for this Oddwickshire Oddliday to become "a thing" here in our world.

I hope next year you are able to share the Queen's cake recipe in advance. I think it would be fun if all of us could celebrate along with the citizens and denizens of Oddwickshire.

How wonderful it must be to live in a kingdom where the ruler is so universally beloved.

Her Majestic Madness looks particularly fetching in this year's Official Birthday Portrait.
They're not dolls, they're action figures!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - by davidd - 09-23-2020, 02:03 PM