Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020)
Thank you very much, everyone!

Day 269

The final 'books about books' photo. These books are still available (or not so hard to find second-hand), but eventhough they're not vintage treasures, they're great and I'm glad I have them. The grey giants are a two-volume edition of encyclopedia of everything book-related from mid 15th to early 19th century, the blue one with silver title is another book-binding textbook, in the same vein as the old one, but modern (I'd say the old one is slighly better when it comes to descriptions of processes, but this one is still very books, and it covers some types of bindings the older one doesn't); and last but not least, there's the wonderful Archaeology of Medieval Bookbinding by J.A. Szirmai. This is The Book when it comes to western bookbinding. It is not a textbook of craft, it's a scientific study, but it's so detailed and meticulous, you can recreate those bindings even if there aren't any how-tos.

Posing with it all is Ginger, because she was in the Book Party line of EAH, therefore her being a bookworm is the official canon!

I have more precious books I want to show you that aren't about bookbinding and book culture (they're mostly fairytales), so this isn't the last book pic, just the last one with books about books. Metabooks?

[Image: e023c16f669c6c4205a32769c256f542.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - by neon_jellyfish - 09-25-2020, 09:52 PM