Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020)
Thanks, guys!!!

Day 334

The ADAW ketchup flood continues. #46

Gopher Tuna

[Image: b25fef53d285f15948afb411e598a399.jpg]

The detail photo is completely out of focus due to usual reasons, sorry, I didn't notice until I uploaded it.

[Image: fe8baa60facc22faa0d19ee067a39016.jpg]

In case you don't know this gem, gopher tuna is from video with misheard lyrics for Karl Orff's O Fortuna, opening (and closing) movement of his canata Carmina Burana, which is originally a medieval collection of poems, set to music by Orff, and all the texts are in Latin. I watch it whenever I need to cheer myself up.

The original poem with translation can be found on Wikipedia.
Ha! That did make me laugh.
Hah! That reminds me of the Fallout Boy misheard lyrics on youtube, but the O Fortuna one is decidedly funnier because the cartoons are so good! Love your gopher tuna, he looks a lil cranky! Also love the lovely fishy MH girl, shes got great colors on her! :3
♥ ~ |  INSTA | FLICKR | FB | ~ ♥

Dunneh. Get yours at bighugelabs.com
"... because a cat, a dog or a wolf jumped over the lazy..."

This made me laugh so much!
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
Got to love a good mondegreen. My favourite is Alex the Seal, which is actually Our Lips Are Sealed by the Go-Go's.
Mis-heard lyrics are so much fun. The radio station I listen to at work has a weekly segment in them. There are some sings I haven’t been able to listen to the same away after hearing them.

The gopher tuna looks suitably grumpy.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
Vampires are certainly much more, um, fashionable thanks to modern fiction.  It's funny how perceptions change.  (Like pirates, who were the terrorists of their day before certain authors got hold of them.)  (I must say I might not mind being the cooler kind -- not the old kind LOL )
I like the pink/black/white colour scheme in that pic, and it is a creepily cute little vampire.

Ditto the blue/green/black/white in the next one.
It's way past supper time and I almost wasn't going to take time for the video, but OMG I'm hysterically laughing/crying...  I almost couldn't hear the lyrics for laughing.  Also helped that I'm on the desktop 'puter with the big speakers so it was extra epic.
It made me think of this one, which isn't nearly as hysterical because no cartoons.

There's a website somewhere with misheard lyrics; there were tons of them and they were a riot.
I'm still laughing.  I really needed a laugh today; thank you.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
Thank you very much, everyone!

I'm glad you found it funny.

Day 335

More ketchup! I'll need to re-count the doodles once more when I'm more conscious, but I think I managed to catch up with the doodle challenge and now I only need to do December doodles. Whew. #47

Catfish, indirectly inspired by gopher tuna.

[Image: ba4fc7c9b6a2290e32801a963ad46bb2.jpg]

The personification of cuteness would be Azone - Lil' Fairy Small Helpers Sui (series 1).
Almost perfect colour match between Azone's hair and fishy's colours! Fun sketch and scene!
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
Ah, that video cracked me up! Misheard lyrics videos can be so much fun, but they are also dangerous - as Lejays noted, sometimes you just can't undo their effects. I too have songs I can't listen to the same way ever since I came across a misheard lyrics video of them.

I've just seen all the doodles, and they are all incredibly cute! Bludička has got to be my favourite though, I'd totally follow her, regardless of whether I've made friends with her first or not grin
It's so cool to see that you have all these legends and lore about Slavic mythical creatures. It might just be my lack of local knowledge, but I don't think we have such here in Hungary. This might be a totally dumb guess, but I believe it might have to do with the country getting smaller and smaller over time, and the lores kind of got... stuck on the other sides of borders? Vampires are a good example of this - their popular versions are usually said to be a Transylvanian thing - and back in the times of Dracul and Tepes, Transylvania was part of Hungary - unlike today (and due to this, it often factinates me how pop culture vampires are often given typically Hungarian names - like László or Nándor grin ). My relationship with, and knowledge of vampires, is totally blurred, because it comes from the aforementioned literary works, based on 'then' locals, who are no longer locals to my country, written by non-locals, and not from anything actually local. It'd be interesting to look into this topic more on a local level, I'll try to dig around smile

I'm often torn between whether I like Orlok or Béla-Dracula more. I truly love them both, but I usually side with Béla in the end. It must be a subconscious local side-taking thing... but I just really like his acting and his funny Hungarian-English accent (that otherwise hurts my ears in local everyday situations, even though I know why it's difficult for us to pronounce some of those "similar but not exactly the same" phonemes that English language has. But it can be done. Been there, done that, still do).
My Flickr Gallery blush

"I wear my sunglasses at night
So I can, so I can
See the light that's right before my eyes"
You're right about L'il Fairy's cuteness, and I love how she's dramatically introducing the doodle.
Adorable!
That's really cute. Hmm, does the catfish have fur? scales? half-&-half? furry scales?? scaly fur???

(12-01-2020, 06:29 AM)Loona Wrote: Misheard lyrics videos can be so much fun, but they are also dangerous - as Lejays noted, sometimes you just can't undo their effects.
I know I will never hear "O Fortuna" the same again xp
I have my own misheard lyrics, an annoying one in particular that I finally looked up, and even having seen what it was "supposed" to be, I still only hear the wrong, dumb, lyric LOL
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
Aww, I love your drawings, that catfish is so cute. What a cute dress she has on ♥
♥ ~ |  INSTA | FLICKR | FB | ~ ♥

Dunneh. Get yours at bighugelabs.com
Aw, it's just so cute!