Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020
(01-27-2020, 03:24 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Mildred is a cutie! I'm one of approx. four and a half people in the world who don't like Harry Potter series (I don't hate it with passion and feel the need to make everyone else hate it too like some people do, mind you, I simply don't like it), so I can't blame you for not feeling the dolls.

Usa and Aggie are adorable as always! I'm pretty sure they're rabbits, but if they wanted to be hares, the Czech word for hare is 'zajíc' (ehm, za-yeets? that's probably the closest I can come up with), so there's a Z for you. Or 'zvířátko' (=cute little animal), but that one's kinda hard to pronounce. Or you could go with something like zippy, judging from what dictionary tells me, it could describe a lot of Room inhabitants.

Mildred is one that will not leave because she is my own work. Also The Worst Witch has been a series I've liked a lot longer than I've liked Harry Potter. Which, yeah, I do like the series but I'm really not feeling the dolls. Dunno what it is. 

Ahhh, those are good words and I will probably use them at some point - thank you. Zippy is one I'm considering, even if it does make me think of the puppet. 

- - - 

27. BMR1959 Dress

[Image: 65282466_1c29cd6cc8907b7ce1de67bf9e84955e_standard.jpg]

Just a solo shot of one of my BMR1959 girls. This is I call Kira because... well that particular face sculpt is known as the Kira sculpt. According to checking via the net, anyway. 

I've got to admit a fondness for these dolls, as ridiculous as the outfits can be - they're so 90s and it makes me grin. Plus, polo neck dresses should totally be a thing again for the cold weather.
Neon, you’re the second person I know who doesn’t care for Harry Potter - my middle sister is the other one. She was rather annoyed when her bookworm daughter expressed an interest in the books, and had to ask her very knowledgeable older sister (me LOL ) which books she needed to buy.

The Xena is very cool, even trapped in her plastic prison. Elfy & I watched the whole series last year. He’d never seen it, and I thought I had, but it turned out I hadn’t seen the later 2 seasons.

And the bunnies a very cute too.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
Kiras outfit is totally daft, and I can see why it makes you smile to see it.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
I imagine that this is what you get when 2090s fashion tries to emulate 1990s looks. Or retrofuturism based on '90s rather than '50s.
Cheers for doing the whole alphabet!
Another of the 4.5 people who don't really dig Harry Potter. I don't dislike it, just kinda "ehh" take it or leave it. I've seen a few of the movies on TV but don't really remember how many of the series. Somehow the 'world' just didn't really grab me... which is weird because I love fantasy.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
Congrats on completing the alphabet!
(01-28-2020, 09:45 AM)Alliecat Wrote: Cheers for doing the whole alphabet!
Another of the 4.5 people who don't really dig Harry Potter.  I don't dislike it, just kinda "ehh" take it or leave it.  I've seen a few of the movies on TV but don't really remember how many of the series.  Somehow the 'world' just didn't really grab me... which is weird because I love fantasy.

Fantasy encompasses a wide genre. What else do you like?
(01-27-2020, 11:20 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: The Xena is very cool, even trapped in her plastic prison.  Elfy & I watched the whole series last year.  He’d never seen it, and I thought I had, but it turned out I hadn’t seen the later 2 seasons.

And the bunnies a very cute too.

For a 90s doll, I think the facial sculpt has a decent likeness to the actress. I really show sit and rewatch Xena from the beginning. I have the DVDs, it's just finding the time to do it. Maybe if I just stick it on in the background while doing other stuff?

(01-27-2020, 11:22 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: Kiras outfit is totally daft, and I can see why it makes you smile to see it.

It's so over the top 90s, but you cannot help but grin at it. Also I really do like the use of colour, even if it is a bit let's throw as many as we can on there.

(01-28-2020, 12:49 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: I imagine that this is what you get when 2090s fashion tries to emulate 1990s looks. Or retrofuturism based on '90s rather than '50s.

... Actually, you've likely got a point there. Now, I'm thinking of like 80s cartoons that were meant to be set in the 2010s or something. 

(01-28-2020, 09:45 AM)Alliecat Wrote: Cheers for doing the whole alphabet!
Another of the 4.5 people who don't really dig Harry Potter.  I don't dislike it, just kinda "ehh" take it or leave it.  I've seen a few of the movies on TV but don't really remember how many of the series.  Somehow the 'world' just didn't really grab me... which is weird because I love fantasy.

There will be another bout of alphabet coming! It's a good challenge for myself. 

I like the books, but I'm not finding myself as into much else to do with it. It's interesting, at one point I was all about all the HP stuff and now I'm just "eh."

(01-28-2020, 03:43 PM)Elfy Wrote: Congrats on completing the alphabet!

Thank you! The motif will reappear, it's a good challenge to myself. 

- - - 

28. BMR1959 Racer

[Image: 65329050_ed7aa7be1b3028411c1f3209c86c3357_standard.jpg]

Just a close up shot of my one other BMR1959 girl. I call this girl Billie and clearly she's a professional cyclist.  As weird as the styles for this line are? I really do like them. Maybe I'll get lucky enough to be able to pick up the others.
I love her hair. Although this style might be a bit impractical for a pro cyclist, but hey, that's what dolls are for. They can do whatever impossible stuff they want (and we want, but can't).
Her hair is great, her fashion is just as terrible (but fun) as Kira’s is.

Hurrah for finishing the alphabet, and for the upcoming challenge of doing it again.
I love her hair!
Are these MTM bodies or something very similar...?
Hmm, maybe if I went cycling in that I'd show up enough that idiot drivers would quit running me off the road... slash
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
Is she called Billie after Billie Piper? She looks a bit like her in her pop star phase.
(01-29-2020, 05:14 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: I love her hair. Although this style might be a bit impractical for a pro cyclist, but hey, that's what dolls are for. They can do whatever impossible stuff they want (and we want, but can't).

Well, she can tie it back a bit while cycling and it would be under a helmet. Which I do need to get decent 1/6 scale bike and helmet. And you're 100% right - this is why my dolls tend to have clothing styles I prefer.

(01-29-2020, 06:12 AM)Lejays17 Wrote: Her hair is great, her fashion is just as terrible (but fun) as Kira’s is.

Hurrah for finishing the alphabet, and for the upcoming challenge of doing it again.

The BMR1959 is apparently based on a current street style. I have no idea what this style is but it's guady and fun. 

Working out each letter is hard, but fun! 

(01-29-2020, 09:09 AM)dargosmydaddy Wrote: I love her hair!

It's really cool Mattel have worked out how to do the microbraiding properly for a doll. It's nice to see. 

(01-29-2020, 11:47 AM)Alliecat Wrote: Are these MTM bodies or something very similar...?
Hmm, maybe if I went cycling in that I'd show up enough that idiot drivers would quit running me off the road...  slash

They are MTM bodies! Weirdly these dolls only cost a couple of quid more than a MTM do in the UK. 

Bright colours do help. Sometimes. Drivers can be rude. 

(01-29-2020, 03:44 PM)Elfy Wrote: Is she called Billie after Billie Piper? She looks a bit like her in her pop star phase.

Nah, I just chose the name randomly to be honest. 

- - - 

29. Doctor On the Run

[Image: 65362083_c884bda983c95d1d097423a7f3bfbb75_standard.jpg]

What's she on the run from? Who knows! Just know that she's on the run!
She's on the run, but somehow I can't shake off the feeling that she's doing it for fun, and if she didn't feel like plaing around, she would deal with it this instant.