Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020
She's a girl of refined taste!
I will have to look up the Paddington stop motion videos; sounds cute. “Quack” was a good idea for Q. Is the book a series of cartoons…?
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
Excellent reading choice for Hayley. Does she also watch the movies?
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
(02-21-2020, 02:42 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: She's a girl of refined taste!

She's got the best tastes, she thinks. 

(02-21-2020, 04:30 AM)Alliecat Wrote: I will have to look up the Paddington stop motion videos; sounds cute. “Quack” was a good idea for Q.  Is the book a series of cartoons…?

They're quite cheaply done, but still adorable. Thank you! And the book is a series of one short comic sketches. It's cool.

(02-21-2020, 06:57 AM)Lejays17 Wrote: Excellent reading choice for Hayley.  Does she also watch the movies?

She does - her favourite is Blue Murder

- - - 

52. S is for Sekiguchi Momoko

[Image: 66340023_4b43659a58dd95c41e2c1c297aa6bbba_standard.jpg]

Because these three ladies always take such lovely photos.
I don't really like Momoko dolls, but their fashions are something else!
(02-22-2020, 01:25 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: I don't really like Momoko dolls, but their fashions are something else!

Their bodies feel surprisingly considering thier costs, so clearly all the money goes towards the outfits. I... really can't complain - they're gorgeous. 

- - - 

53. T is for Team TARDIS

[Image: 66382276_9c3e138874ca43bdf298919a08d645f8_standard.jpg]

Or at lesst, the version of Team TARDIS that has formed within the Room. 

Martha is from the 12" Character Options figures done in 2007, and her red pleather jacket is cracked to pieces, but she's still an amazing figure. You all know the Doctor, of course. Still working on trying to get hold of a Fresh Dolls Mia to be my Bill Potts because she's perfect for it...
Always ready for action! The Doctor Barbie... Barbie Doctor? Nah, that would be a doctor for Barbies, right... Huh, this is confusing... Well, she's awesome!!!
The Momokos are pretty. Martha is a Doctor Who character?
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
I liked the version of Martha that teamed up with actin man Mickey. Martha was one of 11’s companions.
(02-23-2020, 01:51 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Always ready for action! The Doctor Barbie... Barbie Doctor? Nah, that would be a doctor for Barbies, right... Huh, this is confusing... Well, she's awesome!!!

Always ready for an awful lot of running. I'm sticking with Mattel Thirteen for a quick reference, it's not much but it helps a bit. 

(02-23-2020, 09:34 AM)Alliecat Wrote: The Momokos are pretty. Martha is a Doctor Who character?

Thank you.

She is, yes, Played by Freema Agyeman, she was a companion to the Tenth Doctor - David Tennant - and also appeared in a few episodes of the spin-off Torchwood. Here's her Wiki page.

(02-23-2020, 11:26 AM)Elfy Wrote: I liked the version of Martha that teamed up with actin man Mickey.

Hm, see I'm still never sure on that - don't get me wrong, it was great to see both characters happy and doing brilliant things, but it did feel a little out of nowhere?

- - - 

54. U is for Underrated

[Image: 66418192_2ff96601fffa9e7f1d836530969056b3_standard.jpg]

In terms of companions in 2005-onwards incarnation of Doctor Who, Martha Jones definitely stands out as one who does not get her fair due. She's a cool one, and becomes an awesome doctor in her own right.
That's a 'don't mess with me if you value your life' face if I've ever seen one!
I’m agreeing with the Martha & Mickey relationship coming out of nowhere. She was engaged to a doctor at the hospital she worked at and the next time we saw her she was married to Mickey.

I think Martha suffered in comparison to Rose & Donna, she gets forgotten a lot.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
It appears you have been taking very good care of that bear.

Plush duck is a lovely little thing, all cheery and yellow. He reminds me of a story that, although dating back to the 1930s, was still popular during my childhood, a book called A Story About Ping: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Story_about_Ping

It's always fun to see Cousins Ophelia and Monday! (Your Cousin Monday inspired me to purchase my first, and thus far only, Momoko last season during A Doll A Day).

Your Team TARDIS is looking quite formidable, even if it consists at present of only a twosome.

Is your Martha figure a different scale, and is that why she does not appear in the Team TARDIS pic?
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
It’s true, Martha is bit forgotten as a companion, as Lejays says I think that’s due to being wedged in between Rose and Donna.
(02-24-2020, 12:12 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: That's a 'don't mess with me if you value your life' face if I've ever seen one!

Well, she walked all over the world to save us from the Master... I wouldn't mess with her. 

(02-24-2020, 06:15 AM)Lejays17 Wrote: I’m agreeing with the Martha & Mickey relationship coming out of nowhere.  She was engaged to a doctor at the hospital she worked at and the next time we saw her she was married to Mickey.

I think Martha suffered in comparison to Rose & Donna, she gets forgotten a lot.

Hilariously, that doctor she was engaged to was played by Tom Ellis... who currently plays Lucifer in the show of the same name. I mean, that's a fan-fic writers paradise for a potential crossover right there. But yeah, in terms of how the show worked it out, it really is out of nowhere considering that even her Torchwood appearances she was still engaged to the other doctor. I know RTD wanted a sort of feel good big end of an era moment for Ten's last episode but... Well, there's good reason I call it a bit too self-indulgent. 

She really shouldn't be - I really hate that Ten kept comparing her to Rose, and was so delighted that Donna basically shut down the idea of fighting with her. Martha and Donna, team too cool for that. 

(02-24-2020, 12:25 PM)davidd Wrote: It appears you have been taking very good care of that bear.

Plush duck is a lovely little thing, all cheery and yellow. He reminds me of a story that, although dating back to the 1930s, was still popular during my childhood, a book called A Story About Ping: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Story_about_Ping

It's always fun to see Cousins Ophelia and Monday! (Your Cousin Monday inspired me to purchase my first, and thus far only, Momoko last season during A Doll A Day).

Your Team TARDIS is looking quite formidable, even if thus far it is only a twosome.

Is your Martha figure a different scale, and is that why she does not appear in the Team TARDIS pic?

Well, he's so polite, so it's very easy to take good care of him

Oh, I don't think I've heard of that book actually. I think I will need to look into this.

I remember! Cousin Monday visits the Dungeon as well as existing in the Room at the same time. She's cloned herself! (They should be reappearing in the Room soon...)

Martha is in the Team TARDIS pic, so I must assume you meant Susan? Susan isn't so much a part of Team TARDIS as such in the Room, she's busy helping Preisdent Romana. 

(02-24-2020, 01:01 PM)Elfy Wrote: It’s true, Martha is bit forgotten as a companion, as Lejays says I think that’s due to being wedged in between Rose and Donna.

She deserves better. I keep saying it would be brilliant if Freema played an incarnation of the Doctor, actually. I mean, also rife for hilarity, but brilliant. 

- - - 

55. V is for Vigilante

[Image: 66455436_d019badd562e9ac4f95d8b6597cbe653_standard.jpg]

Wonder Woman is the sworn protector of the inhabitants of the Room, a true crusader for justice... also occasionally annoying Kylo Ben, but we'll allow her that. He's fun to rile up.