Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020
Would that quantity of tea serve to mellow him out, or wire him up?
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
Yay for big mugs of tea. I've been drinking gallons of various herbal ones lately... He needs a cuppa after his hard work on the scavenger hunt wink
Zatanna looks quite detailed. How's her articulation?
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
I posted the comment already on IG.

Is the cup bigger on the inside?? LOL
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
(04-02-2020, 10:33 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: I dunno, will it really be enough? LOL

The design is cool.

Well, apparently you can never get a cup of tea large enough to satisfy him...

It's Gallifreyan ^^ 

(04-03-2020, 06:51 AM)davidd Wrote: Would that quantity of tea serve to mellow him out, or wire him up?

It will... make him less thirsty? Probably mellow him out, we're a mostly de-caf house here 'cause too much caffiene is not good with some of the meds soo yeah. Basil is an odd one though, so who knows?

(04-03-2020, 11:33 AM)Alliecat Wrote: Yay for big mugs of tea.  I've been drinking gallons of various herbal ones lately...  He needs a cuppa after his hard work on the scavenger hunt wink
Zatanna looks quite detailed.  How's her articulation?

He's looking forward to the next round of the hunt! 

Zatanna's articulation is pretty simple for an action figure - head can look side to side, arm joints, elbow, knee and legs. Movement isn't ... fantastic. It's very much style over movement. 

(04-03-2020, 12:59 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: Is the cup bigger on the inside?? LOL

I honestly wish it was, LOL. 

- - - 

94. Kitten Catfé Purrisa Girls

[Image: 67945214_445ca373a5a387820d1e89e5572f6a73_standard.jpg]

A new little blind bag toy trend. Mum found them on special offer at the local supermarket a while back and picked them up because she thought I might be interested. 

I will say in terms of packaging? These are actually pretty cool - the cups they come in are reuseable for cold drinks only and every the plastic packaging is minimal in comparison to some other blind bag toys. The dolls themselves are a decentish height and they have five way articulation - head, arms and legs. 

Would I run out and buy more though? Probably not. As cute as they are, I prefer being able to pick the exact one I want and this is not the "blind bag" that does that for me. Still little cuties, though.
The dolls themselves don't really click with me, but I like the idea of the blind package to be reusable. In addition to not being able to pick the one I want, wasteful packaging is my big issue with blind (and many not that blind) toys. Even with blind bags/boxes that do have hints about what's inside, I'm usually put off by the amount of packaging material.
Kitty koffee kups! Or tea cups, in your household, I presume.

Quirky little things, aren't they, with actual faux-fur skirts!
LOL, the one on the right... somehow looks like someone I know xp LOL
I like the middle one. I'm not into blind bag toys but I looked them up and they are kinda cute. They're a great size to tote around for adventures, like a mini Pullip.
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
(04-03-2020, 10:16 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: The dolls themselves don't really click with me, but I like the idea of the blind package to be reusable. In addition to not being able to pick the one I want, wasteful packaging is my big issue with blind (and many not that blind) toys. Even with blind bags/boxes that do have hints about what's inside, I'm usually put off by the amount of packaging material.

I was interested enough in the dolls - obviously - but I have to admit the resusable packaging is probably one of the best things of these ones. There are a few bits you need to put in the recycling, but it's mininal in comparison with some other dolls out there. Honestly, I would like to see a return to more minimal packaging in general - it feels like very other doll or figure has a ton around it. 

(04-04-2020, 02:48 AM)davidd Wrote: Kitty koffee kups! Or tea cups, in your household, I presume.

Quirky little things, aren't they, with actual faux-fur skirts!

Nah, these are probably just coffee cups. Though it would need to be an iced coffee because they can't take hot liquids. 

Quirky is exactly the right word for them. I ... don't think they'll last long in the blind bag world, as a gut feeling, but I think they're interesting enough for what they are. 

(04-04-2020, 05:07 PM)Alliecat Wrote: LOL, the one on the right... somehow looks like someone I know xp LOL
I like the middle one.  I'm not into blind bag toys but I looked them up and they are kinda cute.  They're a great size to tote around for adventures, like a mini Pullip.

That is kind of amazing! 

I think they are about mini Pullip size? I don't actually have a mini so I cannot compare the heights for you. 

- - - 

95. Mystical Minnie

[Image: 67981491_5ab82a294170fbb1ed11f5fa1d8f3ccc_standard.jpg]

A plush for me that was only bought to hide Mum's gift for mother's day. Glad I did though, she's very soft and has a lot of interesting design elements in her. There's this running release called the Main Attraction with Minnie this year that is being based off park attractions. Obviously the one I'll be gunning for isn't until October. But yeah. Not much to say about this girl. She's just a cute wee plush.
Cute little camouflage!
Is she meant to be a genie or a fortune teller?
Cute blind-box toys, but they don't jump out at me to get. I guess because I'm not a cat (or most small pets) person.

The plushie is cute though - I'll keep fingers crossed that you'll be avle to get the October one smile
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
(04-05-2020, 03:59 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: Cute blind-box toys, but they don't jump out at me to get.  I guess because I'm not a cat (or most small pets) person.

The plushie is cute though - I'll keep fingers crossed that you'll be avle to get the October one smile

TBF, I feel like blind box toys are pretty much all like that? Some will jump out at you, and some won't. It's why there's so many of them on the market. 

Just wish me luck - October is based around my favourite park attraction! 

(04-04-2020, 11:17 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Cute little camouflage!

She is really adorable! 

(04-05-2020, 01:48 AM)davidd Wrote: Is she meant to be a genie or a fortune teller?

Neither. If I had to guess? I'd say she was influenced by the fairy kei look, but that's just me making a guess

- - - 

96. Na! Na! Na! Surprise

[Image: 68011782_abeff183d0451272d5676266ea03f591_standard.jpg]

I've mentioned before I'm pretty fond of rag doll styles, right? Those plush type dolls? If you remember that, it's little wonder that I picked up one of these. Her name's Mina, btw. 

Another technically blind box doll, only not. See, the Na Na Na Surprise dolls each have a sticker on the front of them with a symbol. This symbol lets you know which one you're getting - the codes can be found easily online. 

Packaging is... Okay, I'd prefer not to have all the confetti stuff, but it's a simple bag that can easily be recycled. The plastic box they put in it is very annoying though and I wish they'd not gone for that. The dolls also come in an animal shape fluffy purse which can be easily reused as well.

The doll itself? Well, as you can see here, Mina is a little cutie. She has five points of articulation - head, arms, and legs, and comes with a little outfit. I really love her boots. The faces are printed on, and they're ex.pressive. 

Series 2 of these dolls is already out, so that would be a thing. Having looked at them online, there is one I would like to get, but it will all depend on if I can find that one online. Still, actually kind of worth their costs, but if they were a few pounds cheaper that would be much better.
I like quite a few of these (this cute little black sheep is definitely one of them), and I like that they give you a hint about who's inside, but I usually don't like rag dolls, so I'm not sure whether I want one or not. In the end, I always decide to save that money for another Azone.

I was thinking about making the dolls I have some of the outfits or mimicking the looks in some other way, so that I can have them without buying the dolls. The confetti thing is also a reason I didn't get one of these so far.

That being said, Mina really is a cutie! I love her face and her hair!
Interesting little thing. Nice hair.

Fairy kei... I was not familiar with that particular look. Thanks for the link.
She's cute! I think I must've seen a review of them somewhere.... I recall someone opening a foil bag and and ex!plosion of confetti.
Nothing like a gift for yourself to ride along with a gift for someone else LOL I think I probably do that a fair bit -- "Oh, and one for me..."