Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020
A pile of Hujoos! A note about my 2 versions of Little Red. The Disney one was a very typical Princess, and had as her sidekick a wolf called Lilbee (short for Little Bad). The one in Realmspace lived on the Realm of Storybookland and was a kind of forest ranger, who along with Beebee (short for Big Bad) did things like rescue unsuspecting passers by from feral Rapunzels. She occasionally teamed up with Goldilocks and the Three Bears.
(01-09-2020, 03:16 PM)Elfy Wrote: ... did things like rescue unsuspecting passers by from feral Rapunzels.

Feral Rapunzels? Sounds pretty hairy!  yay
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
(01-09-2020, 12:09 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Nyaaa! It's the cute Hujoo gang featuring the super rad Ademetus! (I'm not saying he's cute, I'm just thinking it)

Ademetus doesn't mind being called cute. Well, less doesn't mind and more I don't think it would register what you've called him because he's far too busy chasing things. So... go for your life. 

(01-09-2020, 05:43 AM)davidd Wrote: That oversight... or underskirtsight... will be addressed, then, yes?

If I can get the right type of material, yes. Socks (for dolls, I've found) need to be made with a material that has some natural stretch to it, and I don't really have any in atm. 

(01-09-2020, 02:11 PM)Alliecat Wrote: I wonder if this family will grow in the coming year...  smile

There are a couple that I would love to be able to get hold of but I've honestly had no luck in tracking them down even second hand. It doesn't look like Hujoo themselves have updated their website in about 3 years so that does not necessarily bode well...

(01-09-2020, 03:16 PM)Elfy Wrote: A pile of Hujoos! A note about my 2 versions of Little Red. The Disney one was a very typical Princess, and had as her sidekick a wolf called Lilbee (short for Little Bad). The one in Realmspace lived on the Realm of Storybookland and was a kind of forest ranger, who along with Beebee (short for Big Bad) did things like rescue unsuspecting passers by from feral Rapunzels. She occasionally teamed up with Goldilocks and the Three Bears.

I am so intrigued by these stories....

- - - 

9. I is for Intelligence

[Image: 64558620_d2c471d5431e6bd8a2949ab25d397bd8_standard.jpg]

Shuri is probably the most intelligent human in the Room. Actually, more than probably. Also this is just a gorgeous doll and I wanted more opportunity to show it off.
She is verry pretty. Does Wednesday try to use Shuri's brain for her schemes?
That's not a doll; that's definitely an action figure! She would fit right in to back garden GI Joe battles and nobody would think to question it!
Shuri is an amazing character. and this doll nearly does her justice in showing off her amazing ness
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
Shari is fantastically smart. I would have preferred that they genderflipped the character and made her the Black Panther. Send me a PM about the stories, I’d be happy to send them to you. Always on the lookout to have people read what I write.
(01-10-2020, 12:42 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: She is verry pretty. Does Wednesday try to use Shuri's brain for her schemes?

Only occasionally. Shuri prefers technological marvels in comparison to Wednesday's preference for organic poisons.

(01-10-2020, 03:36 AM)davidd Wrote: That's not a doll; that's definitely an action figure! She would fit right in to back garden GI Joe battles and nobody would think to question it!

I would like to think that she was bought by some parents for exactly that! The clenched fist hands are perfect for fighting.

(01-10-2020, 06:30 AM)Lejays17 Wrote: Shuri is an amazing character. and this doll nearly does her justice in showing off her amazing ness

I am still genuinely impressed with this doll. She was at the upper range for playline, but you can 100% see where that money has gone to, and... Look, the only nit-pick I have is that I would have preferred more articulation considering she's dressed in her battle outfit but I am very aware that's nit-picking on a great doll. 

(01-10-2020, 07:05 AM)Elfy Wrote: Shari is fantastically smart. I would have preferred that they genderflipped the character and made her the Black Panther. 

I think she may have become the Black Panther at some point in the comics, but the comic character is very different to the MCU character so who knows. She would make a great new Iron Man. Ha. Joking. ... Sort of. 

- - - 

10. J is for Jet-Set

[Image: 64601858_285909aaadd271ab8c2ee5792094e061_standard.jpg]

Pinkie, Pepper and Ginger are the three industrious agents of the Jet-Set Spy Organisation. With the front of being students at a school of fashion, these girls travel around the world to fight against their various enemies. 

They're still hunting for that infamous criminal known only by R.T. Where could he be? Who could R.T be?
Aaah! This is most mysterious! And they're very skilled in hiding their true identity with their cuteness!
International fashion models is a great cover story for spies. Always a reason for them to be somewhere new every week
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
What a great group of spies. They look rather doglike whereas I’ve always thought cats would make excellent spies (they’re good at slinking). I still love the bunny ninjas from Hop.
Their outfits are pretty cool, especially the pink '60s themed one in the middle.
Not familiar with the character, but agree on the "action figure" vs "doll" idea.
Your jet-setters are cute.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
(01-11-2020, 02:33 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Aaah! This is most mysterious! And they're very skilled in hiding their true identity with their cuteness!

Well, of course. Studying fashion means they can be aware of clothing trends in whatever area they have to travel to, helping them blend in that bit better. It's important. 

(01-11-2020, 08:13 AM)Lejays17 Wrote: International fashion models is a great cover story for spies.  Always a reason for them to be somewhere new every week

Exactly, and they need to be in top physical condition as well. 

(01-11-2020, 10:27 AM)Elfy Wrote: What a great group of spies. They look rather doglike whereas I’ve always thought cats would make excellent spies (they’re good at slinking). I still love the bunny ninjas from Hop.

The line was based on cocker spaniels, I believe. Didn't really last long, though I suspect the price point did put more people off. They're so cute though.

(01-11-2020, 12:47 PM)davidd Wrote: Their outfits are pretty cool, especially the pink '60s themed one in the middle.

Pinkie loves her retro styles. 

(01-11-2020, 03:41 PM)Alliecat Wrote: Not familiar with the character, but agree on the "action figure" vs "doll" idea.  
Your jet-setters are cute.

Watch the 2018 film "Black Panther." You'll see what we mean. 

And thank you! 

- - - 

11. K is for Kamala

[Image: 64641214_127bba76438b626aea02c820b6f93182_standard.jpg]

A more simple one for today because I really wanted to take a picture of one of my best girls, here.
So many of them are red and blue... She has a very pretty and cheerful smile!