Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020
I agree with davidd, the realistic face sculpt was what first stroke me too. I'm not very familiar with the series (I recall seeing one episode, and I guess Buffy herself is the only character I know by name and appearance), but I recognised the character immediately as I saw the picture. Sideshow Collectibles seems to be doing their thing right - if I recall correctly, the Silver Screen edition Bela Lugosi as Dracula and Nosferatu figures I'd love to have someday were also made by them, and I got interested in them exactly because they resemble the film characters so well. I didn't know they are so jointed!
My Flickr Gallery blush

"I wear my sunglasses at night
So I can, so I can
See the light that's right before my eyes"
Lejays has puppet versions of Spike and Angel, I should put them up here sometime.
A nice gift from a friend! I'm a bit surprised at Sideshow using Pullip-T3-style wrists... although they look a little sturdier.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
I could see straight away she was Buffy, you’ve got the head-tilt down pat.

I’ll encourage Elfy to do the Puppets this week - they are very cool!
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
(07-14-2020, 02:11 AM)davidd Wrote: It's always good to have friends who enable your quirky eccentricities interests!  yay

Nice face sculpt, it quite resembles the TV show character.

Hehe, I enable theirs as well! 

Oh yeah, Sideshow did have this down well. 

(07-14-2020, 02:23 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: That's so sweet of your friend!

I don't know Buffy. I only know that Czech dubbing made everyone sound unbearably stupid.

They are very lovely! 

It is an interesting show - the girl who usually would die in monster horror movies becomes the person who hunts the monster down is the basic idea behind it.

(07-14-2020, 05:56 AM)Loona Wrote: I agree with davidd, the realistic face sculpt was what first stroke me too. I'm not very familiar with the series (I recall seeing one episode, and I guess Buffy herself is the only character I know by name and appearance), but I recognised the character immediately as I saw the picture. Sideshow Collectibles seems to be doing their thing right - if I recall correctly, the Silver Screen edition Bela Lugosi as Dracula and Nosferatu figures I'd love to have someday were also made by them, and I got interested in them exactly because they resemble the film characters so well. I didn't know they are so jointed!

Oh I would love the Bela Lugosi Dracula figure! Either that one or this Christopher Lee Dracula figure would fit my mental headcanons for the man. And yeah. some are really well jointed though they're not the best looking of bodies...

(07-14-2020, 07:59 AM)Elfy Wrote: Lejays has puppet versions of Spike and Angel, I should put them up here sometime.

Oh that would be brilliant! 

(07-14-2020, 11:01 AM)Alliecat Wrote: A nice gift from a friend!  I'm a bit surprised at Sideshow using Pullip-T3-style wrists... although they look a little sturdier.

They feel a good bit sturdier? Though I was surprised when I first saw them too. 

(07-14-2020, 05:22 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: I could see straight away she was Buffy, you’ve got the head-tilt down pat.

I’ll encourage Elfy to do the Puppets this week - they are very cool!

I know the show too well LOL. 

I would love to see the puppets! 

- - - 

196. C is for Cerise

[Image: 72229331_76e2a1469342775161b4fa4779307f77_standard.jpg]

Who always feels the need to hide who she is... And really hates what her destiny will have her do.
I’ve always found Cerise to be one of the most versatile and photogenic EAH dolls.
I agree, she is pretty.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
C is also for Cute, and I see that the two previous comments already ex-pressed what I was going to say: Cerise is extremely pretty!
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
I love Cerise! I only have the sig, because I never liked the Indonesian screening, I strongly prefer the Chinese one, but all Cerise dolls imported to Czech Republic after the siggy were the Indonesian ones. I was kinda disappointed that Mattel didn't give the doll !!!SPOILER ALERT!!! those wolf ears she's always hiding. But even then, she's such a cool take on Little Red.
(07-14-2020, 09:51 PM)Elfy Wrote: I’ve always found Cerise to be one of the most versatile and photogenic EAH dolls.

I fully agree - I've always found she's been one of those who always seems to appear well in photographs

(07-15-2020, 12:21 PM)Alliecat Wrote: I agree, she is pretty.

Always good to have a pretty doll around - the unofficial motto of all doll collectors

(07-15-2020, 02:12 PM)davidd Wrote: C is also for Cute, and I see that the two previous comments already ex-pressed what I was going to say: Cerise is extremely pretty!

She really is one of the stand-outs for signatures for EAH

(07-15-2020, 06:11 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: I love Cerise! I only have the sig, because I never liked the Indonesian screening, I strongly prefer the Chinese one, but all Cerise dolls imported to Czech Republic after the siggy were the Indonesian ones. I was kinda disappointed that Mattel didn't give the doll !!!SPOILER ALERT!!! those wolf ears she's always hiding. But even then, she's such a cool take on Little Red.

I cannot remember which one mine was. I do remember always being annoyed that they released a really cool looking Wolf version for SDCC but... yeah. That's just because SDCC is not open to everyone really. 

- - - 

197. D is for Dolce

[Image: 72269684_3daf16b3332f1e086310ef6496e820c7_standard.jpg]

Dolce is an 11" plush designed by Isabelle Lee, from the 2011 collection. His main colours as brown and white, and he seems to be made using the same plush type as another bear, called Jooles. He's what they describe as 'kitten weight', and just a lovely little guy to have in the collection.
Our Cerise has been masquerading as a fairy for quite a while now.

I should take her pic & show her off this week.

Dolce is lovely and plush looking.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
His coloring reminds me of Belgian fruits de mer pralines, and I'm getting cravings! Cuddles and chocolate for life!

ETA: I think your Cerise is the Chinese version, at least she looks like it from this angle. Maddie's (and several other dolls') screening was also different depending on where she was manufactured, but I like both versions, so I didn't care which one I get.
Aww what a cute and cuddly looking Dolce.
Another very huggable looking bear.
(07-15-2020, 09:53 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: Our Cerise has been masquerading as a fairy for quite a while now.

I should take her pic & show her off this week.

Dolce is lovely and plush looking.

Cerise as a fairy? It sounds brilliant and yet my brain refuses to visualise it - clearly it should be something we see :p

(07-16-2020, 12:45 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: His coloring reminds me of Belgian fruits de mer pralines, and I'm getting cravings! Cuddles and chocolate for life!

ETA: I think your Cerise is the Chinese version, at least she looks like it from this angle. Maddie's (and several other dolls') screening was also different depending on where she was manufactured, but I like both versions, so I didn't care which one I get.

So I googled the snack you mentioned and they look like they'd be a nice wee treat!

I hope you manage to get hold of the one you want! 

(07-16-2020, 04:58 AM)Aichan Wrote: Aww what a cute and cuddly looking Dolce.

He is quite cuddly! 

(07-16-2020, 05:08 PM)Elfy Wrote: Another very huggable looking bear.

I have a fair few, LOL.

- - - 

198. E is for Emily

[Image: 72316860_8b3b1b8c4a2317a39be566e72d239f99_standard.jpg]

Emily the Strange! This is a curious little figure that was made by Toynami in 2004. I found her mint on card at a convention a few years ago, and got in a discussion with the stall holder. Stall holder agreed to sell me Emily at a discount if I removed her from the packaging there and then as she felt sad for the strange girl, being on card for over 10 years. Her head is on a ball, and her arms are made of that bendable plastic. I believe the cat she came with is called Mystery, but I'm not too sure.

(Side note: I'd still love to find one of the Ashton Drake Emily the Strange dolls but this far have had no luck...)