Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020
I have no idea who she is but her face is pretty... smile
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
(08-03-2020, 11:59 AM)Alliecat Wrote: I have no idea who she is but her face is pretty...  smile

Allie, you work in a library. There has to be at least one book by Terry Pratchett in there. Find it, read it and honestly you will love me for suggesting it.
The animator Tiana is so cute - I have two (Snow & Belle), and I regret not getting the Rapunzel (she was gone when I went by the shop the next week).

And Susan is just so practical about everything. Including the monsters under the bed (or in the wardrobe). LOL
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
(08-02-2020, 08:39 PM)Lilcurly Wrote: She is adorable, as is her little silky frog stuffy <3

How did I manage to comment on Tiana and totally miss Susan!? grin

Who is fabulous, I love how haughty she looks!

The little frog stuffed toy for Tiana is just pretty perfect, I have to admit. It's kept attached by a rubber loop that goes around her wrist. 

Susan was a custom my parents bought me for my birthday a good few years ago now, and she's remained a firm favourite in the collection. 

(08-02-2020, 11:15 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Marvellous custom!!!!!!! (just imagine a really long row of exclamation marks here)

If there was an official line of Discworld dolls, I'd be doomed! But in a good way!

As for Spectra's feet - yes, they are transparent, her siggy and some other releases also have transparent shoes to boost the ghost effect.

Oh, gods, yeah, I know exactly what you mean. I kind of dread the day some major film studio does a good enough pitch to produce a film that gains a ton of merchandise. Because it would be Tiffany and there would be dolls. And wee figures of the Nac Mac Feegles. 

Basically I think Discworld themed dolls would be amazing. Angua would be a fun custom...

(08-03-2020, 06:35 AM)Loona Wrote: Susan looks awesome! I love her cool, distanced attitude and her ensemble!

I don't think I've ever seen this animator version of Tiana. Which is a shame because she is adorable indeed!

I also never understood all the fuss about Spectra's head mold... she is a ghost, she is a monster, how else would she look than scary? I think she is very well put together as a character and a doll (very much unlike Ari). So much thought went into her, at times resulting in outcomes I wish Mattel used more often also on other dolls - like the  several hand molds she had to accompany her actual release's outfit. I think Spectra wins the contest of MH dolls released with the most different pairs of hands.

Susan's attitude makes reading her books a lot of fun. Her general attitude to being called to be a hero boils down to "oh, if I must."

These ones are exclusive to the Disney Store, though I think the current version wears yellow instead of green. 

Parents can be... Odd, feels like an understatement. They worry about their children, but maybe focus on the wrong things? Also the hand trivia was something I did not know! 

(08-03-2020, 11:55 AM)davidd Wrote: Is that a Pullip dress she's wearing?

No, actually, it's a custom dress that was made for her - part of purchase when my parents got her. She's sewn into it. 

(08-03-2020, 11:59 AM)Alliecat Wrote: I have no idea who she is but her face is pretty...  smile

Susan Sto Helit, Duchess of Sto Helit, and featured character in the Discworld books, as written by Sir Terry Pratchett. Susan is the granddaughter of Death and has inherited some Death traits of her own. She was raised to be rational, though often of a kind that is unrational on the Disc. She thinks her name is the reason why she's often reliable, and good a crisis as Susan is a very sensible sort of name. It's implied she's Death's heir apparent, and should he ever retire (again) she will take up the scythe. 

... Long story short: please read the Discworld series. Just avoid the first few, he'd gotten the hang of it by Guards Guards. (They're not bad, the early ones, it's just telling that he's still working out the vibe of it all.)

(08-03-2020, 05:31 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: The animator Tiana is so cute - I have two (Snow & Belle), and I regret not getting the Rapunzel (she was gone when I went by the shop the next week).

And Susan is just so practical about everything.  Including the monsters under the bed (or in the wardrobe). LOL

... I was just trying to think if I've seen an Animator Rapunzel in a while and honestly I don't think I have? Kind of surprised there might not be one still in the line, considering how popular she is as a character. 

Exactly! Susan is a perfect teacher to have in the Room. She's so level-headed and practical.

- - - 

216. V is for Vicious

[Image: 73048981_9c267dfdc3f429a08346adcaa14c11c8_standard.jpg]

V from BTS. I decided like many an idol before him, he can play a role in the Room. So V becomes Vicious, who is rather unlike his name, but people do get ideas. Ophelia did.
He's cute! I still hope he'll survive that Room arc without any injuries.
I am making my way through your room thread, really enjoying all the different characters that pop in, and how just one photo can really tell the story! Looking forward to seeing V pop up smile

That is a snazzy jacket!
Ophelia always gets ideas....

But this dandy fellow seems like he would be right up her alley... so to speak.
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
Agree on the snazzy jacket. The pink & blond hair is kind a fun too.
I keep hearing about the Discworld series but have never read any of them.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
I dig V's look! Normally I'd say that jacket is too much, especially with that hair, but he manages to wear them fabulously!
I have very close to zero interest in boy dolls (and BTS), but I keep on coming across these, they seem to have some really cool fashion and shoes, and I'd definitely pick some up on a sale (on an international one. Here only the ones in suits are available, and they are all priced at ~$50. I doubt that can go down enough for me to be interested) or on the secondary market.
My Flickr Gallery blush

"I wear my sunglasses at night
So I can, so I can
See the light that's right before my eyes"
He is snazzy. I only know about him via some type of internet osmosis - I know about them. And I’ve seen their dolls in the local pop culture book shop. But not much else about the,.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
(08-04-2020, 04:49 PM)Alliecat Wrote: Agree on the snazzy jacket.  The pink & blond hair is kind a fun too.

You have to read at least one, Allie. My personal favourite is Mort, but Lejays prefers Night Watch, and that may be more accessible. While they are technically a series they’re all self contained, so can be ready pretty much in any order. You may like the Tiffany Aching books and that starts with Wee Free Men. Werepuppy would know all about the Nac Mac Feegle I am sure.
(08-03-2020, 10:06 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: He's cute! I still hope he'll survive that Room arc without any injuries.

Here's waiting to see what happens... I have ideas but you know me, I can change my idea if I think of something funnier. Though ... Vicious somehow being unscathed despite being around the Addamses is actually hilarious...?

(08-04-2020, 01:51 AM)Lilcurly Wrote: I am making my way through your room thread, really enjoying all the different characters that pop in, and how just one photo can really tell the story! Looking forward to seeing V pop up smile

I am glad the Room is amusing you. We run generally on Rule of Funny - if it makes me laugh, it'll happen. V - or rather, Vicious as his character name is - shall pop up soon enough! 

(08-04-2020, 02:05 AM)dargosmydaddy Wrote: That is a snazzy jacket!

It is, isn't it? It made me think of 70s fashions for some reason, and I'm not really sure why. 

(08-04-2020, 03:21 AM)davidd Wrote: Ophelia always gets ideas....

But this dandy fellow seems like he would be right up her alley... so to speak.

Ophelia is the true romantic of the family, of course there's ideas. 

Vicious might just fit the mold she's looking for. 

(08-04-2020, 04:49 PM)Alliecat Wrote: Agree on the snazzy jacket.  The pink & blond hair is kind a fun too.

I did like the pink and blond hair. Honestly when I first picked him up, I thought he might make a good friend for my lolita girl Momoko, but he's somehow gravitated towards Ophelia instead.

Okay, I think you would enjoy the Tiffany Aching books at a start point: The Wee Free Men, A Hat Full of Sky, and I Shall Wear Midnight. They also include the Shephard's Crown but that's the last ever Discworld books and ends character things that were set up years ago so definitely one it's better to go back and read when you've read more Witch books. 

(08-04-2020, 05:24 PM)Loona Wrote: I dig V's look! Normally I'd say that jacket is too much, especially with that hair, but he manages to wear them fabulously!
I have very close to zero interest in boy dolls (and BTS), but I keep on coming across these, they seem to have some really cool fashion and shoes, and I'd definitely pick some up on a sale (on an international one. Here only the ones in suits are available, and they are all priced at ~$50. I doubt that can go down enough for me to be interested) or on the secondary market.

It's a mix of between garish and snazzy and I personally think it veers into snazzy a bit more than garish. 

See, this is the thing: I still have no interest in this band. I'm sure they make very lovely music, but idol bands aren't really my thing. That being said? If you can find the dolls cheap, they are worth the cost. If you get them cheap - there is a deluxe line with higher quality fabrics used in the clothing but even that I would say would be a get cheap thing. They are interesting if you are looking for a boy doll that isn't Ken, or a Disney male character that has at least elbow and knee articulation. 

(08-04-2020, 05:49 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: He is snazzy.  I only know about him via some type of internet osmosis - I know about them. And I’ve seen their dolls in the local pop culture book shop.  But not much else about the,.

I couldn't tell you a single one of their songs, but I know who they are. Internet osmosis is fun like that.

(08-04-2020, 06:39 PM)Elfy Wrote:
(08-04-2020, 04:49 PM)Alliecat Wrote: I keep hearing about the Discworld series but have never read any of them.

You have to read at least one, Allie. My personal favourite is Mort, but Lejays prefers Night Watch, and that may be more accessible. While they are technically a series they’re all self contained, so can be ready pretty much in any order. You may like the Tiffany Aching books and that starts with Wee Free Men. Werepuppy would know all about the Nac Mac Feegle I am sure.

Hm, I'd say Night Watch is a good book to start with - it was my first Discworld book - but it does help to know what's happening in the Guards books befpre hand to get why this is important to Sam Vimes as a character. I did rec the Tiffany Aching books as a good start point! Nac Mac Feegle are basically violent Scottish Smurfs. And they are fantastic. 

- - - 

217. W is for Woody

[Image: 73097491_7cdeb74d6c7161cfe3cbe8a27d0f739a_standard.jpg]

You get two bears for the price of one today! These are both a bear called Woody. The bigger version is the original release of him from 2008. He's 20" and quite a weight to carry but it makes him perfect for sitting and cuddling with. The smaller one - Anniversary Woody - came out in 2015 for the 10th anniversary of Charlie Bears. Little Woody is 12" tall. Both have the same colour scheme and the same giggler mouth - that's what they call bears with the open mouths - and both were designed by Isabelle Lee. Big Woody is absolutely one of my favourite bears of my collection.
Open mouths: all the better to eat you with!   Oh My
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
I love the panda-esque pattern and the warm colors!