Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020
I look forward to what you produce each day with the letters.
(01-23-2020, 12:16 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: MH Cupid! Now that's a doll you don't see often. She was very hard to find in continental Europe, and after her first release, she was on hiatus for three years before they finally re-introduced her as an EAH character. I like that her MH version has certain edge to her, after all, love isn't all sweet and fluffy either. Her EAH self is pure cuteness, but that's OK, too, we need more cuteness in this world at any given time.

She looks good in Scaris Rochelle's dress!

Ahhh, so that's who the dress belongs to! I was wondering. I found her in a charity shop, dressed thusly, and was just "...yeah, I will just pick her up" because of how hard she was to find initially. I like the MH design, but weirdly I felt the EAH design better fit the character. It's weird. 

(01-23-2020, 03:17 PM)Elfy Wrote: I look forward to what you produce each day with the letters.

Thank you! 

- - - 

23. W is for Wonderland

[Image: 65121715_cf04ab39f13def4d6dd626b19bb3c830_standard.jpg]

We found a cup! A most delightful cup!
Wheee! Wonderland FTW!!!

I love this Isul. And he looks like he would fit in my circus, too... Dangerous thoughts...
ah alice looks adorable smile
Uh oh, what's in it?, did they drink it?? xp
I didn't know MH made a Cupid, and thought at first it was an EAH on a MH body.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
Wonderland Pullips are Wonderful.
A hug of teddies is the best thing!

And MH Cupid - you don’t see her very often at all. She is very different to EAH Cupid.

Did either of them drink from the cup? And if they did, what happened?
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
(01-23-2020, 09:10 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Wheee! Wonderland FTW!!!

I love this Isul. And he looks like he would fit in my circus, too... Dangerous thoughts...

Classical Mad Hatter would be perfect among your circus, yes.... /encourages thoughts! 

(01-24-2020, 03:13 AM)Jubilee Wrote: ah alice looks adorable  smile

Thank you! Fantastic Alice is a more simple take on the character, but I do adore her. 

(01-24-2020, 12:20 PM)Alliecat Wrote: Uh oh, what's in it?, did they drink it?? xp
I didn't know MH made a Cupid, and thought at first it was an EAH on a MH body.

Well, it is empty...

Yeah Cupid was a MH character before she was an EAH character. Her crossing over was deliberate to get fans of one interested in the other, really. 

(01-24-2020, 06:55 PM)Elfy Wrote: Wonderland Pullips are Wonderful.

The amount of versions Pullip and family have of Alice and co, there must be an infinite amount of Wonderlands...

(01-24-2020, 08:17 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: A hug of teddies is the best thing!

And MH Cupid - you don’t see her very often at all.  She is very different to EAH Cupid.

Did either of them drink from the cup?  And if they did, what happened?

Agreed - we need more hugs of teddies! 

Oh yeah, there's not really much in common apart from a colour scheme and even then I'd say they used very different shades. 

The cup is empty... now. 

- - - 

24. X is for Xena

[Image: 65173203_6f78840636f69342465169cf12bf2723_standard.jpg]

... Yeah, X is a hard one to fill.
Xena! Xena was big when I was in elementary school! I'm so old. We were all calling our protractors chakrams and we had awesome battles with them during breaks. Occasionally during the classes, too. Fun times!
Don't know about this character but they look cool.
I was wondering how you were going to do x, and then Xena to the rescue.
Love the past few photos! I prefer MH Cupid to EAH Cupid, and I was so upset when they changed her to an EAH character, haha.

Xena! When I was a child my mother named one of our dogs after a character from Xena.
Ha! Of course you could do X! Not sure why I only ever watched a few episodes of that... I think it was on in the middle of the afternoon or something.
She's still in the box and not out having adventures with the Room crew?
(Is that dinosaur constellations on the blanket?? LOL cool )
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
(01-25-2020, 02:44 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Xena! Xena was big when I was in elementary school! I'm so old. We were all calling our protractors chakrams and we had awesome battles with them during breaks. Occasionally during the classes, too. Fun times!

It was big when I was in primary school, too! We didn't do the battles though, I was one of the only kids in school to like it. 

(01-25-2020, 07:22 AM)Jubilee Wrote: Don't know about  this character but they look cool.

Xena is one of the top action girls of the 90s. The show was actually a spin-off to Hercules: the Legendary Journies but apparently proved a lot more popular. A former warlord, Xena is on a quest of personal redemption and doing her best ot do good in a time of gods and monsters. It's a fun show, and apparently getting rebooted (though I've not heard much of that recently...)

(01-25-2020, 09:47 AM)Elfy Wrote: I was wondering how you were going to do x, and then Xena to the rescue.

I mean, it's very fitting that she did pop to the rescue...

(01-25-2020, 12:31 PM)DeadlyNova Wrote: Love the past few photos! I prefer MH Cupid to EAH Cupid, and I was so upset when they changed her to an EAH character, haha. 

Xena! When I was a child my mother named one of our dogs after a character from Xena.

I did kind of get it? You'd expect mythological based characters to be more lumped into with fairy-tales...

Oh, that's a cool thing! 

(01-25-2020, 02:39 PM)Alliecat Wrote: Ha!  Of course you could do X!  Not sure why I only ever watched a few episodes of that... I think it was on in the middle of the afternoon or something.
She's still in the box and not out having adventures with the Room crew?
(Is that dinosaur constellations on the blanket??  LOL cool )

She is still in the box because she was so wanted when I was a kid. I keep looking for a loose version for me to have out of the box ... though I would then be looking for an articulated body for her. Hm, maybe one of the Wonder Woman ones...?

(Yes, it is!)

- - - 

Sorry, I missed yesterday everyone - ridiculously busy day, couldn't get near my laptop. So I will post both today! 

25. Y is for Youth

[Image: 65246543_90fb63367ecedc4b9786a5c3376df9ba_standard.jpg]

And who better to show off youth than the magical kids? Though Mildred feels a bit outnumbered by the Hogwarts lot...

(Actually, I'm thinking of moving the HP characters on. As much as I love the franchise, I don't do much with these dolls and weirdly they aren't as easy to fold into the Room verse...)

- - - 

26. Z is for Zoological

[Image: 65246553_794104c63163ba01af71e2c03e204b23_standard.jpg]

... Yeah, I was having a bit of difficulty with Z so there we go! Usa and Aggie.
Mildred is a cutie! I'm one of approx. four and a half people in the world who don't like Harry Potter series (I don't hate it with passion and feel the need to make everyone else hate it too like some people do, mind you, I simply don't like it), so I can't blame you for not feeling the dolls.

Usa and Aggie are adorable as always! I'm pretty sure they're rabbits, but if they wanted to be hares, the Czech word for hare is 'zajíc' (ehm, za-yeets? that's probably the closest I can come up with), so there's a Z for you. Or 'zvířátko' (=cute little animal), but that one's kinda hard to pronounce. Or you could go with something like zippy, judging from what dictionary tells me, it could describe a lot of Room inhabitants.