Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020
A double cuddle!
(08-05-2020, 12:13 AM)davidd Wrote: Open mouths: all the better to eat you with!   Oh My

Ah, no. Not eat you, but they'll have a little share of your snack Tongue

(08-05-2020, 12:25 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: I love the panda-esque pattern and the warm colors!

The warm colours are what make them so inviting! 

(08-05-2020, 05:03 PM)Elfy Wrote: A double cuddle!

Because we'd all like a double cuddle! 

- - - 

218. X is for X-Division

[Image: 73133445_350ec9829dded7af2d8dfd28a92bc7f4_standard.jpg]

Define: Victorian slang for criminals or pickpockets, or people who make a living by some underhand means.

Well, if that doesn't fit the Artful Dodger, I don't know what does...
Haha, I love Artful Dodger' pose, it's as if he was thinking 'this is so easy it's not even fun anymore...'
Haha one of them should be holding a little wallet.
One of these days these little rascals will get caught.

I wonder who among The Room Crew is sufficiently wily and shrewd to apprehend them?

Oh, I know full well that many among The Room Crew are sufficiently wily and shrewd to know what they're up to; and are probably amused by the mischief. But is anyone wily enough and willing to catch them and turn them in?

I suspect it's more a matter of if or when the larcenous lads inadvertently cross the wrong party.

(Pssst! Boys! Here's a hint: steer clear of all the Addams clan!)
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
That’s so cute, it’s plotting & planning for fun.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
I like the way he’s teaching young Oliver there.
They could get into a lot of trouble depending whose pocket they decide to pick.
The Woodys are lovely smile
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
(08-05-2020, 08:53 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Haha, I love Artful Dodger' pose, it's as if he was thinking 'this is so easy it's not even fun anymore...'

He does like having a bit more of a challenge considering how Artful he is...

(08-06-2020, 03:46 AM)Aichan Wrote: Haha one of them should be holding a little wallet.

I will need to try to make one! 

(08-06-2020, 07:08 AM)davidd Wrote: One of these days these little rascals will get caught.

I wonder who among The Room Crew is sufficiently wily and shrewd to apprehend them?

Oh, I know full well that many among The Room Crew are sufficiently wily and shrewd to know what they're up to; and are probably amused by the mischief. But is anyone wily enough and willing to catch them and turn them in?

I suspect it's more a matter of if or when the larcenous lads inadvertently cross the wrong party.

(Pssst! Boys! Here's a hint: steer clear of all the Addams clan!)

The big question really is... who would be most amusing to catch them out? Rule of Funny, after all... I do have a few considerations as to who will be the one to catch them out, it's just... will it change or will I get another idea that makes me giggle a bit more. Hm. Will need to wait and see. 

(Dodger says thank ya kindly for the advice!)

(08-06-2020, 08:26 AM)Lejays17 Wrote: That’s so cute, it’s plotting & planning for fun.

Dodger thinks lifting is the best kind of fun, Oliver's not so sure...

(08-06-2020, 08:32 AM)Elfy Wrote: I like the way he’s teaching young Oliver there.

Ah, Oliver, so green in the ways of the pickpocket. Don't worry, Dodger'll get you learned.

(08-06-2020, 01:46 PM)Alliecat Wrote: They could get into a lot of trouble depending whose pocket they decide to pick.
The Woodys are lovely smile

This is very true - and I may be plotting something for that.

Ah, glad you like them! 

- - - 

219. Y is for Yotsuba

[Image: 73180603_a8aef5bfcdaad5cebb3e1e12aab393b8_standard.jpg]

Yotsuba Koiwai, who is just sitting and enjoying some snacks with her beloved bear Duralumin. If you've never had the chance to read the manga Yotsuba&!, I would highly recommend it. It's probably one of the most wholesome manga you'll ever read, and there's just something about it that makes it very enjoyable.
So cheerful! I sense a 'Carly-effect' here! You can use Yotsuba to save the day should the need arise.
Is the name of the bear in the manga really Duralumin? That's funny! Is he a robot bear?

Nice chair.
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
Who doesn't enjoy afternoon tea with a bear?
On the subject of books and pickpockets, which was earlier in the thread, you may like The Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch, it's actually my favourite ever book (I think I've read it 20 times since 2008), it's about a thief in fantasy setting very reminiscent of Renaissance Venice with a bit of Dickensian London thrown in for good measure.
(08-06-2020, 09:42 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: So cheerful! I sense a 'Carly-effect' here! You can use Yotsuba to save the day should the need arise.

Ooh, that's actually a good idea! I might just do that! 

(08-07-2020, 01:57 AM)davidd Wrote: Is the name of the bear in the manga really Duralumin? That's funny! Is he a robot bear?

Nice chair.

Honestly I've seen it spelt Duralumin and Juralumin. I went with the former as that's what Steiff used when they recreated the bear, as seen here: Steiff's Duralumin. Not a robot bear, but does talk! Well makes a noise. 

It's fun for the smaller scale figures.

(08-07-2020, 08:12 AM)Elfy Wrote: Who doesn't enjoy afternoon tea with a bear?
On the subject of books and pickpockets, which was earlier in the thread, you may like The Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch, it's actually my favourite ever book (I think I've read it 20 times since 2008), it's about a thief in fantasy setting very reminiscent of Renaissance Venice with a bit of Dickensian London thrown in for good measure.

It is a great way to spend some time! 

Oh, I will need to check that out! 

- - - 

220. Z is for Zomby Gaga

[Image: 73221311_6b2d5d83991f9dddf31dc68278e0eac0_standard.jpg]

Yeah, I was at a bit of a lost for Z today, and I remembered this doll! Still a fantastic release.
Zomby Gaga is amazeballs. I'm so glad I have her (had to get her from Germany)! I even kept the box, it's so pretty.
Yosumba has a very Carly-esque vibe to her. It looks like she’s enjoying her afternoon.

And Zomby Gaga is great, her box is an excellent showcase piece too.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)