Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020
Catching up again!.... Love Esmeralda. I have the Barbie dancing version of Esmeralda actually and I would say I prefer this one, only because the Barbie one looks a little too Barbie in the face ever so slightly. This one reminds me more of the character. But both are great.

That bear with Bulbasaur has such a sweet face. Aww. ♥

Cool wrestling figures!

I hadn't heard of BeGoth dolls before now, they are very cute-- and emo, but in a good way. LOL
♥ ~ |  INSTA | FLICKR | FB | ~ ♥

Dunneh. Get yours at bighugelabs.com
(11-28-2020, 01:12 AM)Loona Wrote: Lovely BeGoths, and lovely outfits there! The green in Gloria's outfit is the shade of green I love the most - it's so difficult to come by in human clothing... Back when I was still wearing some colours (combined with the black), I would have loved to get my hands on some outfit pieces in this colour, but I've almost only come across lighter and brighter shades of green.
I haven't heard about Forbidden Planet, and from how it is mentioned, I'm not sure trying to Google it now that I'm at my work computer would be a good idea Tongue

Yeah, it can be hard to find the right shades with the black. I know I always struggled with what I wanted.

Oh, no, it's totally safe for work. The surprise was because Forbidden Planet don't really do dolls - though they do now seem to get the occasional shipment of Living Dead Dolls. But generally, then, no dolls. Figures, lots and lots of figures, but no dolls.

(11-28-2020, 01:31 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Ooooh, I don't remember this one! She looks like a total badass! And those eyebrows!!!

She is on the lesser photographed ones. Not sure why, actually. 

(11-28-2020, 02:43 AM)davidd Wrote: Cool outfit! Biker chick chic meets circus!

Biker, yes, but not really seeing the circus?

(11-28-2020, 02:52 PM)dunneh Wrote: Catching up again!.... Love Esmeralda. I have the Barbie dancing version of Esmeralda actually and I would say I prefer this one, only because the Barbie one looks a little too Barbie in the face ever so slightly. This one reminds me more of the character. But both are great. 

That bear with Bulbasaur has such a sweet face. Aww. ♥

Cool wrestling figures!

I hadn't heard of BeGoth dolls before now, they are very cute-- and emo, but in a good way. LOL

I do have a fondness for the old Mattel Esmeraldas, but I feel like this one is a better representation of her character. 

BeGoths are, well, goth. Not emo LOL. 

- - - 

333. I is for Incarnation

[Image: 78005663_6afafdb8516e252ed283bbe48d7554d3_standard.jpg]

Def: Time passed in a particular bodily form

"So, are you the one right after Bowtie, or...?" 
"Oh, come on, you of all people know you can't be asking."
"Always worth a try!"
Doc's personality changes with every new body? Because one of the incarnations seems to be significantly more mischievous here...

Also, the suit with the sneakers is a killer combo LOL
I can answer that. The Doctor’s personality does shift subtly with each regeneration. It’s also often displayed in the dress sense. #4’s hat and scarf are iconic. #5 often wore a cricket blazer. #7 wore a bowler hat and carried an umbrella. #9 favoured a leather jacket. #11 was known for the bow tie, plus he liked a fez...they were cool. The suit with the sneakers was #10’s thing.
Thanks all!

- - -

334. J is for Just

[Image: 78051065_4c9ba3f4a7cf38570f9ff0327064afb1_standard.jpg]

Abcynthia Chaser. If any doll in the Room could be called 'just', it would be her.
Ooooh, I'm in love! This lady is gorgeous (and another one I seem to have forgotten, my brain probably couldn't handle that much gorgeous at once)! She's just... She's just... So...
YES, she's a good choice for 'just'
Sorry! I guess I got that impression because I looked at the line after seeing yours and saw a couple of the other girls wearing things I don't really associate with goth subculture, like tshirts and miniskirts and stuff. My bad, sorry! Abcynthia is decidedly very goth, and she looks gorgeous, definitely one of my faves. ♥

Abcynthia, what a cool name!
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
Missed so many photos (don’t know why - I’m sorry!)

You have such an eclectic collection of dolls & figures, it’s always a surprise to see who is being featured every day.

Forbidden Planet sounds like our Minotaur - full of pop culture figures, and very sometimes occasionally dolls. I have seen Living Dead dolls years back, but they mostly have figurines now. I did see a really cute 13th Doctor & Tardis when we there on Friday, but it was too much for what it was. Maybe if I get money for Christmas / birthday I’ll think about it.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
It would be weird to meet another incarnation of oneself.
Abcynthia is an interesting name.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
Thanks, all!

- - -

335. K is for Kindred

[Image: 78097995_62ac31ab45fea2f1c1408feb737dfe06_standard.jpg]

Def: Similar in kind

While these two would never admit it, they are indeed very similar. Maybe that's why they seem to constantly butt heads.
Wow, those are amazing, Maleficent looks like you legit have a mini Angelina Jolie at your place. LOL They both look awesome, love the staff and broom.

Pointy horns vs pointy hat: that must be some head-butting contest!   Oh My
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
Exquisite!

And it reminded me that I didn't do the annual meet-up of all my members of the Dark Queen species... Must fix that.
That's a cool-looking pair of ladies, it's great to see them together like this. I agree with Dunneh, the Maleficent figure's likeness to the movie character is amazing! Are they approx. 1/6 size? The level of detail looks like Hot Toys to me, but I'm not overly familiar with them, so it'd be new to me to learn they also made figures of these two ladies smile
My Flickr Gallery blush

"I wear my sunglasses at night
So I can, so I can
See the light that's right before my eyes"