dargosmydaddy's doll-a-week 2020
Yes, the shirt and sweater combo work very well for Kingsley!

Days are still warm here, but mornings are chilly enough for long sleeves and even a sweater.
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
I like the shirt and the sweater. Your family are such good little models for clothing.
He does look adorable, the colour combo is great.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
He looks adorable!
Echoing what others have already said: he does look adorable in the shirt. It matches his colouring so well, he just looks lovely!

I'm massively green with envy over you Hello Cool Cat-ordering peeps. I've been meaning to place an order with them for a long time now, but their local post has never resumed shipping to Hungary ever since they introduced restrictions in March (I just messaged them about this a few days ago, as I wasn't sure if their site is up to date. Sadly it is...). Someone here is longing for a new pair of eyechips sad
My Flickr Gallery blush

"I wear my sunglasses at night
So I can, so I can
See the light that's right before my eyes"
I have no ambivalence about seasons. I love summer and heat; I HATE the cold. Which means winter, most of our late cold spring, & autumn which means months of cold ahead Cry
Kingsley looks very stylish in his new sweater & the colouring of the photo almost looks like it's sepia-filtered.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
Quote:I'm massively green with envy over you Hello Cool Cat-ordering peeps. I've been meaning to place an order with them for a long time now, but their local post has never resumed shipping to Hungary ever since they introduced restrictions in March (I just messaged them about this a few days ago, as I wasn't sure if their site is up to date. Sadly it is...). Someone here is longing for a new pair of eyechips

Aw, I hope they resume shipping to Hungary soon. I put off my order for awhile due to all the postal craziness, and then was shocked by how quickly it came (like, barely a week!) when I finally did order. I hope yours comes as quickly when the time comes.

Week Thirty-eight

I should be posting this to the "new dolls" thread (and last week, to boot), but the first couple weeks of school are throwing me for a loop, so I'll introduce them with a quick-and-lazy snapshot here. Meet the new girls!

[Image: 74959908_31792965bab4eb21c80f06e57da0ca6e_standard.jpg]

This could also be sub-titled "Enabled by Dolly Market."

I've long regretted not getting Pullip Meg when she was on the Sample Sale a couple years back, and Elfy and Lejay's photos of their Jo-Meg kept my low-key desire for Meg alive. So when one popped up on ebay for a Sample Sale-comparable price, I couldn't resist. And I think she might be my only Pullip to keep her stock name (well, I might call her Margaret, but Meg is a diminutive of that, so...). And she's one of the few Pullips whose stock look I actually like, too, so I think she's a good bargain. (I might re-wig her eventually though, because hers is kind of a mess... but no rush!)

Meanwhile, I've wanted an Amooooore doll since CornflowerBlue posted a picture of hers awhile back... I fell in love with Golden World, but could never quite pull the trigger due to her price (about $250 including shipping from China). So I couldn't believe my luck when the same ebay seller as Meg had one listed for slightly less than half the original price! I was the only bidder and am soooo in love with her! I've named her Harriet (Hattie for short) and she has been chilling on my desk and making me smile whenever I see her.
Aw, they're both so cute!
Congrats on the new girls! They look like big and little sisters, especially since they came from the same seller! It’s so cool to find a doll or figure you never thought you’d get for a great bargain; that’s terrific! Will be looking forward to their adventures with you.
(What does it say about you as a person when you can recognize dolls but forget the names of people you are supposed to know?? At a glance I thought “that looks like Meg”… And scrolled down to see I was right; now show me a person I’m supposed to know out of their usual context and I forget their name. What the heck? xp )
And yes, dolly people are nothing if not enablers LOL
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
Congrats on new arrivals!
Fun new arrivals; even more fun since they're figures you've been after for a while! I'm happy for you, and happy for them that they have been welcomed in to an appreciative and caring home!
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
Oh, how cool that we've enabled someone! I don't think we've ever had that happen before.

Our Meg is actually named for 2 characters played by Alona Tal. She was Meg in the first season of Veronica Mars, and was an on-and-off character called Jo Harvelle in Supernatural back when we were still watching it.
And also for the original two sisters in the Chalet School, who were Margaret (Madge) and Josephine (Jo or Joey), so her "proper" name is Josephine Margaret, but that's far too long for everyday use LOL LOL

And they do look like sisters, the little one is very cute. and how exciting that you've been able to find somone you've been looking for, for a price that is reasonable too!
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
Our Jo-Meg also has sisters: Tansy (Taffy) and Sophie (Momori).
Quote:Our Meg is actually named for 2 characters played by Alona Tal. She was Meg in the first season of Veronica Mars, and was an on-and-off character called Jo Harvelle in Supernatural back when we were still watching it.

Ha! I've watched both Veronica Mars (to the bitter end) and Supernatural (up through season six or seven, I loved the early years but eventually gave up), and realized Alona Tal was in both shows, but never made the connection to your dolly name smile

Quote:Our Jo-Meg also has sisters: Tansy (Taffy) and Sophie (Momori).

Momori is high on my "want" list...
I think you made it as far as Supernatural as we did. They really should have gone with Kripke’s original idea and stopped at 5 seasons. Veronica Mars was great until season 3 (which I nicknamed Days of Our Veronicas), but I did like the film, and hope to see the revived version of the show at some point. The books were quite good.
Momori seems to evoke that “want” feel with people.