dargosmydaddy's doll-a-week 2020
Happy new year, everyone! Yuri has escaped his nutcracker companions, and has decided he'd rather be a frog.

Week one

[Image: 49312387857_99da104639_z.jpg]Yuri20 by tisue999, on Flickr
HAPPY NEW YEAR to you and to Yuri!

It will make for an interesting year of weekly photos as Yuri continues to ex˙plore career options!
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
Happy New Year!

He's way too adorable!
Yuri isn’t a prince, is he?
Haha, maybe he's the Nutcracker Frog Prince.
Happy New Year! Yay for another year of doll-a-week photos smile
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
Happy New Year!

Yuri looks adorable as a Frog (Frog Prince?)
So cute as the Frog Prince.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
Week two

I'm hoping to spend the next few weeks showcasing some new additions. I had a four-doll Sample Sale purchase back in early December which netted me a Groove coupon, which I then used before it ex.pired at the end of December. Dolly overload! And me being me, they all needed makeovers!

I thought I'd start by showing off with the Isuls, since Yuri has been modelling bits of their stock these past couple weeks. I've had my eye on Isul Hansel since he first appeared in the Sample Sale earlier on in 2019. I didn't get him right away, and then he disappeared for awhile, and I regretted it. His reappearance in December was what pushed me over the edge to make the big purchase I did. smile He is absolutely adorable in person, as well as blushier than I ex.pected, and I was actually tempted to keep his stock look, but then didn't.

Isul Caros has also tempted me since he first appeared in the Sample Sale over the summer, though I didn't like him quite as much as Hansel. In the end I'm glad I waited, as his Sample Sale price dropped quite a lot. When he arrived, I thought he was very washed-out looking and wasn't overly impressed, but I rather like him after his makeover. His original wig did not look much like the promo pictures (what else is new?), so an upgrade was definitely in order.

I gave both boys wigs I got on ebay (the pinky-purplish one I got awhile ago for a Taeyang, but it ended up being too small, and the blond one I ordered specifically for this doll), and swapped eyechips between the two of them. Presenting new best friends Alphie (Hansel) and Kingsley (Caros)!

[Image: 49375191792_cab3576faa_z.jpg]KingsleyAlphie1 by tisue999, on Flickr
A couple of sharp looking characters. They look like college-age young guys to me. The one in the red sweater looks like he might work on hot rod cars as a hobby; he looks like a guy out of a 1950s movie.
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
They're both cute! Wow, congrats on the big sample-sale score, and the new additions. Looking forward to seeing who else has joined your dolly family.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
Love the purple wig. Proud to be different.
Nicce looking pair of besties.

Looking forward to seeing what else you do with them, and also the other ones you've added to the collection
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
They're both so cute! And congrats on new arrivals!
Congrats on the new arrivals
Week three

Doll #3 from my recent Sample Sale binge... I really wanted Dal Natalie, but she ended up disappearing from the sample sale before my purchase, so I went with Dal Quince. Creepy eyes aside, I think she's really pretty, and it was easy enough to rechip (and rewig) her with things I had on hand. (Interestingly enough, her original chips were actually clear ones pressed over a tiny pink fabric flower!) Her overdress and bonnet were a bit over-the-top floofy for my taste, but I adore her underdress, socks, and boots. Introducing Miranda:

[Image: 49409286343_1de331f266_z.jpg]Miranda2 by tisue999, on Flickr