dargosmydaddy's doll-a-week 2020
(12-01-2020, 10:56 AM)Alliecat Wrote: Haha, a purist wink  You would hate this...  A fisherman I knew once claimed one of his go-to sandwiches was peanut butter and -- sandwich spread.  Now, I don't know if that exists in Australia, but here's an example.  To which fisherman I said, "EW!!!"  I vowed I was going to try it sometime out of curiosity, but never did.  ...Hmmm.
I lived on PB&J while fishery observing with the above-mentioned person and others.  One needed a lot of food to get through the day.   And you'll think me a real heathen cos I'll put in whatever jam I happen to have -- raspberry, blueberry, peach...  Oh My  LOL

What, no grape jelly??  Augh!!!  Horrors!!!!  I would really miss that.  I like grape anything.
And I had to look up fairy bread.  Um....  Ohhkay den.  LOL
This forum is so educational!

I think part of the reason people don't 'get' the idea of PB&J over here it is because grape jelly (in my opinion) is what makes PB&J really shine, and its so hard to find grape jelly here. I was all like  'ew why would you put jelly/jam on peanut butter?', until I tried it with grape jelly back when I first went to the US, and was like 'yum'. LOL So now I'm a convert. I'm game to try it with blueberry or peach! Strawberry is the only one I don't like. (Which is ironic because strawberry jam is my favourite). LOL Also yeah it's difficult to buy grape jelly here but there are a LOT of import food stores in Australia now that carry stuff like that, usually in massive jars, so its not too hard to obtain. It's where I get my stash of hostess cupcakes (they are terrible but I love them)... and pickles. A lot of pickles here are sweet pickles and have sugar in them. D: 

Peanut butter and sandwich spread is a new one!! LOL I wonder if its any good? I'm game to try, haha. We don't really have those kind of sandwich spreads in Australia, no Miracle Whip either. LOL Our 'default' mayo (i.e. Traditional) is lighter and more tangy than US mayo, and if you want a US style mayo you gotta buy egg mayo specifically or Kraft 'real' mayo. (Though we have kewpie now, I just buy that).

I have all the weird Australia vs USA observations, haha. Here's another interesting one: creamer (like flavoured coffee creamer) is not a thing in Australia at all. LOL Not sure if its a thing in Canada? My fiancee was addicted to hazlenut creamer. 

(12-01-2020, 11:16 AM)davidd Wrote: Fairy bread sounds awesome! I'm going to make some up as soon as I get home next week! (Remind me, okay?)

Fairy Bread is nice! Alternate tip: I make chocolate fairy bread with Nutella base instead of butter sometimes. LOL
♥ ~ |  INSTA | FLICKR | FB | ~ ♥

Dunneh. Get yours at bighugelabs.com
(12-01-2020, 02:35 PM)dunneh Wrote: I think part of the reason people don't 'get' the idea of PB&J over here it is because grape jelly (in my opinion) is what makes PB&J really shine, and it's so hard to find grape jelly here. 

Because... in Europe they use all the grapes to make wine?  Tongue
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
I actually have story about fairy bread. It’s really a thing that kids eat, mostly at parties. Despite being an adult, I love the stuff. So much so that when my sister in law had a party for one of my nephews she made extra fairy bread so that there was enough for me.
(12-01-2020, 03:42 PM)davidd Wrote:
(12-01-2020, 02:35 PM)dunneh Wrote: I think part of the reason people don't 'get' the idea of PB&J over here it is because grape jelly (in my opinion) is what makes PB&J really shine, and it's so hard to find grape jelly here. 
Because... in Europe they use all the grapes to make wine?  Tongue
(12-01-2020, 07:02 AM)Loona Wrote: (...) here people always make wine out of grapes smile

LOL

I asked my husband, out of curiosity, if he's ever come across grape jelly (he's also Hungarian, but he's also visited some countries I haven't been to), and he said he hasn't either. Though he quickly added the oh-so-true local saying, which is "you can make jam and pálinka (our (in)famous local spirit) from everything" grin
My Flickr Gallery blush

"I wear my sunglasses at night
So I can, so I can
See the light that's right before my eyes"
Week Forty-nine
Just a quick-and-lazy snapshot because I have way too much to do today (and I don't feel like doing any of it... can I just hibernate until spring please?), but hopefully a cute doll + a cute scrapbook paper background can brighten someone's day...

[Image: 78383451_4738b8380de49832912977eca07443c5_standard.jpg]
That's one cute little lady and one cute background! As always, I love the great colour coordination in the photo, you have some amazing natural skill for this when even a said-to-be lazy photo has it so!
My Flickr Gallery blush

So I can, so I can
(12-07-2020, 03:27 AM)dargosmydaddy Wrote: I have way too much to do today (and I don't feel like doing any of it... can I just hibernate until spring please?)
Ugh yes this!!!
Such cute paper. What kind of doll is she...? I thought Holala & googled, but now I'm not sure.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
Quote:What kind of doll is she...? I thought Holala & googled, but now I'm not sure.

She's an Amooooore doll... somewhat cheaper than Holala (especially when acquired second-hand, which is always my preferred acquisition-method smile).
She’s cute - I do like that you always seem to coordinate the backgrounds for your pics.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
She's quite the cutie!
Christmas sloths!!! Utter brilliance!

Maybe it's the sloths, but she does look a liiiiittle bit sleepy to me wink
Have t love anything that talks up the sloths,
(12-07-2020, 03:27 AM)dargosmydaddy Wrote: ... can I just hibernate until spring please?

I like the sounds of that plan. Let us all follow the example of the Christmas Sloths!

Only three pics to go for Doll A Week! You can do it... even while hibernating!
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
I'm happy to stay awake while you happily hybernate IF, and only if there is snow, and I don't have to back you up in doing the way-too-much stuff. While I really dislike dark, I dislike sleeping equally as much, and I'll never not love winter, regardless of the dark, if it comes with a chance of getting snow. Snow will always win over these for me ^^
My Flickr Gallery blush

So I can, so I can
Week Fifty

[Image: 78724936_13ce22552ee86fac1f5785b2f1e1ff7f_standard.jpg]