davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020
Dr. Fabian looks like she's going to dissect someone without waiting for them to die. You have quite an army of unusual doctors, can we have a group photo?
(07-13-2020, 11:05 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Dr. Fabian looks like she's going to dissect someone without waiting for them to die.
OMG, I'm laughing at this right now, even though this shouldn't really be something to laught at (oops) Innocent

I hope Pete the Cat was either not so important for the kiddo who left him behind (though considering it was him who accompanied the family to the trip, that is less likely), or the family will call and seek a way to get him back. I would have been devastated as a kid if this had happened to me (and - as a result of my personality, I guess - I know that my parents would have never had an issue with covering shipping costs in order to get the loved thing back. I would do the same if I ever had a kid - or if I left something of importance behind accidentally).
My Flickr Gallery blush

"I wear my sunglasses at night
So I can, so I can
See the light that's right before my eyes"
(07-13-2020, 11:05 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Dr. Fabian looks like she's going to dissect someone without waiting for them to die. You have quite an army of unusual doctors, can we have a group photo?

Once again, you ex-hibit an element of prescience with your observation. If the storyline I have in mind ever comes to fruition, you will find your suspicions are not far off the mark.

I guess you're right; I do seem to be assembling a contingent of medical and science type characters. I need to be more imaginative with my world building. Or, possibly, I'm subconsciously projecting my wishes that I had followed a more productive career path.

No word from the owners of Pete the Cat. Judging by the way they left the place, I doubt that Pete was a particularly prized possession.

[Image: july13a.jpg]

[Image: july13b.jpg]
13 July – Nicolette Arkham

As a result of technical issues, I've had to make modifications to the "shells" of a couple of characters.

Nikki now sports a TBLeague S35 body with a YM Toys YMT029 head sculpt and a uniform from CAT Toys.
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
Nicolette Arkham ... any nod to the infamous Asylum of the Batman rouges gallery?

She does look ready for action there, or like she's waiting on someone to appear...
(07-14-2020, 01:51 AM)werepuppy Wrote: Nicolette Arkham ... any nod to the infamous Asylum of the Batman rouges gallery?

That is a logical guess. Actually, the character name is an homage to a friend from the 1/6 diorama world who went by the name MiskatonicNick on Flickr.
Nick = Nicolette, obviously. Arkham is the fictional village in which the fictional Miskatonic University is located in the lore of H.P. Lovecraft.
The modifications payed off, she looks great!

It's a mysterious shot. She doesn't creep me out. Or am I just getting used to these ladies?
Awww. it made e sad to see the cat. While I was traveling I left my stuffed animal in the hotel bed but immediately contacted the hotel about it. They shipped it back to my home for me since I was still traveling. I was soooo relieved. They probably thought it was for my child...but I don’t have any!

And yes I still sleep with a stuffed animal.
Nikki looks totally cool, the hair and the posing is great and adds a lot of movement, and that uniform is so detailed and well-constructed! Whacked This level of detail is rarely seen on a garment made for 1:6 figures.

That's a shame about Pete though... I'm wondering if he was a recent gift (he didn't look very used) who was still in the trial phase of his friendship with kiddo, so there wasn't too much of an attachment. I choose to believe this rather than the parents refusing to go back/call back to arrange getting him sent after them, because that sounds completely wrong and irrealistic to me.

(07-14-2020, 02:32 AM)Aichan Wrote: And yes I still sleep with a stuffed animal.

Same here ^^ And not even one, but several (most of them are small though, so they don't take up a lot of space). Luckily the husband does not have  any objections (as long as they stay on my side, I guess Tongue ).
My Flickr Gallery blush

"I wear my sunglasses at night
So I can, so I can
See the light that's right before my eyes"
Your setting of bricks-and-dungeon-esque background is terrific!
Nikki looks cool... I do have to admit Dr Fabian is a tad bit creepy xp
My collection of stuffed animals, having stuffed the cabinet, has also spilled onto the bed.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
My / our collection of stuffed toys (it’s about 95% mine, but Elfy has a few special items), Can be found in all rooms of the house, except the bathroom.

They mostly congregate on the bookshelves, but there is a small but thriving colony on one of the armchairs.

I like the new look for Nikki, and Neon’s comment on Dr Fabian made me laugh.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
The colony on the armchair is mostly mine. The majority of mine have been seen here, largely because they support the Mighty Richmond Tigers.
(07-14-2020, 02:31 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: It's a mysterious shot. She doesn't creep me out. Or am I just getting used to these ladies?

(07-14-2020, 05:11 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: ... and Neon’s comment on Dr Fabian made me laugh.

Yeah, neon's comment made me laugh, too!  yay

There are tons of creepy creep-out pics of seamless figs online. I would go so far as to say most pics of seamless figs I see online are kind of creepy and creep me out. I have decided to stick with these little uncanny creepazoids for a while and to try to take "not creepy" pics of them, making them look like "action figures" instead of "fetish toys." A little bit "sexy" is okay; because even Barbie is often stylishly sexy. Or at least, she used to be, before the Age of PC took hold. And "intentionally scary or unnerving," as opposed to "creepy because they're made that way," will definitely be an area for further photographic ex-ploration. And if it doesn't work, or when I grow weary of them, I will have no qualms about parting with them.

[Image: july14.jpg]
14 July – Doodle Tuesday: Pterodactyl Ptuesday with Pnelly
How did you get a doll sized plague doctor’s mask?
Pnelly! Hahahaaaaa! LOL

Pterodactyl is cute, and looks like it found something yummy and is about to catch it.

That's Ppullip Pneo Pnoir's mask, right?
Ha! Fantastic reptition of the silent 'p'

I love the mask! And the pterodactyl is very well drawn!