davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020
Lipoca is very cool. I like her attitude.
Devilishly cute! That winner announcement is great, the extra effort you put in must have made applecandy happy.

While I don't want to move, I do wish the sea moved a little closer to Czech Republic. Well, the global warming might just fulfill my wish if I give it enough time...
Ahh that was a fun winner's announcement. And Lipoca, is that a fondness for the Gene Wilder Willy Wonka film I see you ex.pressing there?
That sounds like she did a thorough & proper job in her judging duties.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
(09-23-2020, 07:42 PM)werepuppy Wrote: And Lipoca, is that a fondness for the Gene Wilder Willy Wonka film I see you ex.pressing there?

Indeed it is!

[Image: september23.jpg]
23 September – Ultra-Violet is Über-Awesome

Monster High Avea Trotter

Is she any creepier under black light? Not really. She's creepy in any light!

And I love her for it!
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
She is creepy looking under the black light, but I don’t think she looks that way normally. Or no more than the rest of the MH crew does at any given moment
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
Ooh this just looks so cool!
My MH crew started demanding their own crystal skull. My grandma has a real one (aside from her own), but I'm pretty sure we don't have any crystal ones.
(09-24-2020, 05:28 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: She is creepy looking under the black light, but I don’t think she looks that way normally.  Or no more than the rest of the MH crew does at any given moment

I dunno... I think Avea looks kinda creepy under any light.

(09-24-2020, 07:40 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: My MH crew started demanding their own crystal skull. My grandma has a real one (aside from her own), but I'm pretty sure we don't have any crystal ones.

I used to have an antique medical skull as well. Used to. Y'know those times in your life when finances take a turn for the worse and you end up liquidating some things you wish you hadn't? Yeah, one of those times.

Not too many years ago, you could actually purchase genuine human skulls from medical supply houses for a reasonable price. I gave a couple to friends as gifts, back in the day when I wasn't broke and such things were fairly inex-pensive.

The "crystal" (being genuine acrylic plastic, except for the jaw, which is a lower grade plastic) skull is approximately half-size or slightly less. I believe this is the same one:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/624076074/m...stal-skull

It cost half that much when I purchased it several years ago. Also, it has yellowed slightly with age.

The "real" human skulls (inferior grade: no teeth) only cost about $40 USD back when they were available from the Carolina Biological Supply Company.

[Image: september24.jpg]
24 September – GI JOE guys go for a drive. Probably out hunting for skulls at ancient burial sites.
This is a terrific angle! I love it! You have, once again, created great perspective.
Avea does look creepy in that photo. I wonder if I should go looking for a black light flashlight on eBay. Might be interesting for low-light photos... hmmm...
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
I do have to wonder at the GI Joes obsession with heads and skulls.
Magnificent shot! It totally looks like a snap taken during a bumpy ride!

Buying real human parts is illegal here, if I tried to buy one from the US, the Customs and police would eat me alive (it would probably be just a fine, not jail). You have to be a doctor, scientist or a teacher to be able to get permission to buy these. Grandma was a doctor, so her skull is perfectly legal.
This is a fantastic shot, it looks like it's been taken on some high energy documentary.
[Image: september25.jpg]
25 September – Early Morning Coffee
That’s a really nice shot, with her looking at the outside while having her coffee.