davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020
Hahaha! And Happy Birthday, to whoever it's for smile
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
I re read last years entry & giggled the whole way though. I’m hoping it’s not a box of white socks this time...
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
If it's not another Amelia, I'm going to be disappointed LOL
Ha, a good laugh. I like the one showing signs of individuality.
I love how the one sitting on the left looks like she's kicking her heels against the box while enjoying the bustle and ditz of the rest of the squad.
[Image: november26.jpg]
26 November – "Another brandy? Why yes, thank you very much!"

Never fear, The Ameliæ Escadrille will return shortly. We merely need to steel ourselves with alcohol before continuing.
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
Who's this? His beard is enormous, hahahah! LOL
Great setting with the subdued lighting.
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
Fortifying oneself with alcohol before venturing back into the hive mind of the Ameliae is a good idea.
Bars, pubs, restaurants, etc. are closed here due to pandemic, so this photo has a sort of speakeasy feel for me.

I kinda want one in Oddwickshire, the "problem" is that there is no pandemic or prohibition there (what an odd way to put it), so nobody needs speakeasies...
Guy has an impressive looking beard
(11-27-2020, 07:47 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Bars, pubs, restaurants, etc. are closed here due to pandemic, so this photo has a sort of speakeasy feel for me.

I kinda want one in Oddwickshire, the "problem" is that there is no pandemic or prohibition there (what an odd way to put it), so nobody needs speakeasies...

I would ex-pect that the Oddwickshirians would love a "speakeasy" just for the novelty of it.

A friend was recently telling me about a place he found in a small town he was passing through. He stopped at a small shop that appeared to be a museum-type display of old telephones. After looking around for a few minutes he was heading out the door when his travelling companion stopped him and pointed to a small index card taped to the table next to one of the telephones, with instructions to dial a certain number. They did so, and, no joke, a secret door opened revealing the entrance to a bar! He said it was one of the coolest places he's ever been! There was a closed-circuit television monitor in the bar so patrons could watch in amusement as people drifted in to the "telephone exhibit," looked around, and walked out again.

I'm quite saddened to read about the pandemic restrictions in your country. I check the news... what little I can find here in the States... about Czech Republic periodically. You went from having such a low incidence that, I recall you mentioning, there was talk of doing studies as to why Eastern Europe seemed to have natural immunity. Now you have one of the fastest-increasing rates of infection in the world.

Of course, here in the States, the ones with the strictest lockdowns and mask requirements are once again seeing rapid increases in cases. Not deaths so much, just cases. But in response, they are locking down again, in many cases even stricter than before.

This is where I could go all tangential with conspiracy theories that I'm beginning to think are not conspiracy theories but actual fact. Instead, I shall retreat in to the speakeasy in my mind and try not to get too freaked out over it.

Anyway, here's GI Joe trying to remember how to use a camera that's not built in to a phone:

[Image: november27a.jpg]
27 November – "What's an f/stop, again? ASA number? Parallax correction?" 
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
That’s very retro of Joe.
Amelias: It was you! I am beyond shocked that on my 2-3 weeks on this forum, you have been sitting on that many Amelias and this is the first time I see them. For shame LOL Better late than never though, but I hope you get the Ameliaplicity troupe out again soon. ♥ They are very cute!

Very nice figure and your backdrops are always great davidd.

I feel bad but...I thought GI Joe had a flask in his hand for a split second, because of the placement of his hands, and his facial exÞression looked a little tipsy and happy. LOL Sorry. Maybe its confusion from operating an old timey camera that I'm picking up on. He looks great though, love his flocked beard.
♥ ~ |  INSTA | FLICKR | FB | ~ ♥

Dunneh. Get yours at bighugelabs.com
Yay! Army Bob Ross is taking pictures to inspire his next painting xp LOL
As usual, great perspective; the happy little trees in the background are nicely in scale.
LOL tipsy GI Bob Ross, I'm laughing a little too much!

I'd love to see that bar, eventhough I don't really enjoy going out drinking, but that place just sounds too cool.

As for the restrictions, the increase in cases came after a period of no restrictions, and now that we have them again, it seems to be getting better, the R number did go down quite a bit, the problem is that only some of the restrictions are reasonable, and a lot of them is just our prime minister abusing the situation to help his business and get rid of competition, or our government being clueless. So they do seem to be working here, more or less, the problem is with all the extra ones. Also, we're burning through ministers of healthcare like crazy, and they're all useless. We're on our third one this year. I'm going to invent a speakeasy for a country without any sort of restrictions, that'll make me feel better.