Elfy's Doll a Week 2020
I really love this one - that Bethan is in focus, while the lily & background are slightly blurred. It's a great shot.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
Oooooh, nice work with the depth of field!
Aw, Bethan looks so tiny next to the lily
Quite a mysterious photo! Bethan is very enigmatic, and seems to have made a rather strange discovery.
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
Thank you everyone, although Bethan is a small doll (Pullip sized) and most of our things are large to her, I have to admit that's a pretty big lily.
Someone (Finn) brought it to my attention that I was approaching my 2000th post here on DMF. So to celebrate it I did a special shot with my members of our doll family:

[Image: 5cc1a452eee2ea661ee095a040c7e36c.jpg]

Here's to at least 2000 more, at least I think that's what Shala, Roni, Finn and Cherie mean.
Congratulations on reaching TWO-THOUSAND POSTS!

After being lured in to the madness by your Significant Other! Did you have any idea that doll photography would become so addictive? Or that it would be so much fun?

Yes, we are all looking forward to thousands and thousands more posts from you and your dolly crew!
Huzzah! Congrats! We're looking forward to thousands and thousands more!
Congrats on your 2000th post! yay

I too am amazed by the size of that lily - as I was scrolling down, for a few seconds I was wondering if Bethan is a Little Pullip. When I realised she isn't, my admiration shifted to the Lily Tongue
My Flickr Gallery blush

"I wear my sunglasses at night
So I can, so I can
See the light that's right before my eyes"
Congrats on 2,000!
Yay for 2000 posts. It’s so cool that you’ve embraced the taking photos yourself, rather than “just helping” with mine.

They look very pleased to be celebrating there.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
Yay for 2000 posts!! grin
I'm glad too, to see you joined in and have been participating with your own photos. Here's hoping for many more! And, I know I've said, I think it's so cool that you & Lejays can share the hobby together.
What the others said about the DOF on the shot with Bethan. Cool flower.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
Weather allowed us to take the dolls out the back and try on a few different outfits. Nova really rocks this Mulan dress. 

[Image: ba6f3d5ed0ecfac1f60390b2a000cee3.jpg]

She's taking a break here. Being a doll is hard work sometimes.
Hahaha, oh life is tough, Nova... all that posing and changing your clothes... and being plastic and thus immune to all the crap that plagues humans.... xp
She looks cute in the dress and the little chairs are fabulous.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
I think being a doll can be very tough. Most dollies don't survive childhood... the childhoods of their original young owners.
The ones who belong to collectors spend their lives in display cases, if they're lucky; or wrapped in paper or plastic and stuffed in storage tubs in dark closets if they're not so lucky.
Eventually the plastic melt gets 'em, and their clothes meld with their bodies, and the glue seeps out of their heads.
Or they end up at a yard sale, or a thrift store, or callously tossed in to a rubbish bin.

Nova is making the most of the prime of her plastic life, and it's lovely to see her!