Lejays17 Doll-A-Week 2020
(07-14-2020, 10:56 AM)Alliecat Wrote:
(07-13-2020, 06:02 PM)Elfy Wrote: I always wondered how the actor voicing Marvin managed to get through his first line without laughing, because I never could: I think you ought to know I’m feeling very depressed.
I've occasionally used some variation of "the first [xxx amount of time] was the worst... the second was the worst too..."  xp
I agree he should've stopped after 3.  I remember more HHG that I could still quote today, than the high-school Shakespeare we were supposed to be memorizing LOL

I recall a lot of it, too. I read the book a lot and listened to the radio play as well as watched the original TV show, but it really should have been a duology, after Restaurant at the End of the Universe it was the law of diminishing returns.
werepuppy couldn't imagine Cerise as a fairy, so here's our Cerise who has been wearing this outfit for a couple of years now  Happy

She's wearing her sig pants & boots, but the skirt/top & wings are from a knock-off line called Pixie Punk.  I couldn't find website for it, but I did find a review from 2014 Pixie Punk review

[Image: 0e241f10ce5e8cee836503a1658b8d8d.jpg]

And another where she's sitting on a branch of Audrey.
[Image: cbbad6b26c0019b347241f8d8eae64af.jpg]
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
Cerise looks fantastic as a fairy! It suits her very well.
She looks great out in the wild!
That second pic, among the foliage, is marvelous! So Cerise has a secret life as one of the fae folk? That is not entirely surprising! She's always had an air of mystery about her.
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
Cute. She appears to be a very serious fairy. Also that looks like a cool tree with funky roots.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
Those wings are so cool! And I have to join the Audrey shot-loving mob!
Audrey always looks so massive when we photograph here with one of the dolls.
Aww she looks so pensive! Great little area too you chose for pics.
Thanks all - I think she looks good as a fairy, one of the reasons she hasn’t changed her outfit in a couple of years smile

(07-19-2020, 11:09 AM)Elfy Wrote: Audrey always looks so massive when we photograph here with one of the dolls.
That’s probably because Audrey is massive! LOL
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
I've really enjoyed browsing this thread, you have such a wonderful variety of dolls.

(07-19-2020, 03:55 AM)Alliecat Wrote: Cute. She appears to be a very serious fairy.  Also that looks like a cool tree with funky roots.
It's some type of palm tree - in that it has fronds rather than leaves, and the trunk is very long & smooth before getting to them,

(07-22-2020, 04:40 AM)Lilcurly Wrote: I've really enjoyed browsing this thread, you have such a wonderful variety of dolls.

Thanks!  As Elfy and I share the dolls, and he prefers to take the photos of Pullips for the most part, I'm doing the others that we have.  won't stop me from taking a Pullip shot if I feel the desire to, but there's plenty of others to get their turn in the spotlight.

and thanks everyone else for the Cerise-as-fairy-love.  she does look great like that, I agree.

Unmotivated for a photo this week - so here's a quick snap when we were out on our walk today - these are two min-Dorbz.  Batgirl & Catwoman (I also have a Harley in the same size, but she's shy & was hiding when I looked for her before the walk).
[Image: 1baf6ee352f379d9cf06f3fb4226edef.jpg]
A shy Harley? Not a word the immediately springs to mind when thinking of her. The bright flowers look great next to the Zorbs.
I don't know these figures, they're really cute!
Aww, Dorbz are ... adorable. And I just realised that's where the name comes from so of course they are.