Lejays17 Doll-A-Week 2020
That little swing just looks so great. I bet the other girls are jealous that Jo-Meg and Sophie got first go on it.
That's an awesome swing! And the warm color scheme and your lovely ladies make this photo so serene!
The swing set looks fantastic!
The swing is adorable, and I love how naturally you posed your girls. And Jo-Meg's dress and book are lovely!
These two girls look just perfect on the cute little swing! So adorable!
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
I massively admire your knitting skills! That varied pattern in the second one, oh my! And I can imagine how warm and comfy they can be as bedsocks! As a person who has very cold feet and catches a cold easily, I sleep in socks in the majority of the year. I don't necessarily like it, and would love to be barefoot more often, but I can't help it if I don't want to catch a cold. It makes such a big difference to find a pair that is comfy enough for sleeping that they don't make you hate the fact that you have to wear socks even in bed!

That little swing is wonderful! And the girls seem to enjoy sitting and swinging in it. My grandfather used to have a garden with a relatively big difference in altitude in it (I tried to look for the right word to use, but I haven't really managed to find it), and to make the best use of it, he had 3 levels of terraces (like giant steps). On one of the terraces stood a swing similar to this one. It was lovely to sit in it, looking down at his house (which stood on the "ground floor), the whole village, and crops and lakes further away in the background.
My Flickr Gallery blush

"I wear my sunglasses at night
So I can, so I can
See the light that's right before my eyes"
Your grandfather's garden sounds lovely... and fun!
I believe the English word for which you were searching would be "elevation."
Whoa, those are amazing socks!! And the blue/purple ones are really cool too. As someone who has no clue about knitting, this is quite amazing to me.
Can't sleep if I have cold feet. I had some lovely handmade socks once that were great for bed. Alas, eventually they wore out cos I wore them around the house too.

That garden swing is fantastic! What a cute photo. Sounds like you stumbled onto a great source for dolly props.

I would love to see that terraced garden too.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
Thanks so much everyone for comments about the swing - we are completely deloghted with it, and it will be used quite a bit this summer I think.

And also thanks for the comments on the socks - I really enjoy knitting them, even though I hardly ever wear them - I tend to "run hot" so woolly socks don't really help in keeping me cool.  That being said, I did wear them a few times over winter to work, as my feet/toes/ankles got cold in the home office.  I think it was mostly a circulation issue, as I sit much more at home than i do in the office (the printer isn't on my desk in the work office, where it is in the home office, so I don't have to move to collect the printing).

After the dolly-fashion show on the back deck, Meredith & Bea had a picnic, and cloud watched for the afternoon.
[Image: f05a6b29eb5f6685f67e8a89fdd5fe09.jpg]
(all the props except the parasol are from Our Generation / Journey Girls sets - these are 18" dolls, but most of the props do reasonably well with Pullips.  The parasol is a souvenier from our trip to Italy 8 years ago (wow! where did that time fly to!!) and is specifically from Burano, one of the islands in the Venice lagoon, which is know for its lace-work),
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
The parasol is fabulous! And it's a cute photo with such an idyllic mood. What a lovely way to spend an afternoon. smile
My bike desk is my answer to too-much-sitting-on-the-computer, since setting a timer to get up & move around didn't work (too easily ignored).
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
The lace umbrella is a lovely souvenir of your Italian getaway.

It's been fun seeing the blue guitar/ukulele appearing in so many of your recent pics! It's a cute and colorful accessory.
Was a perfect day for cloud watching on the day we did the fashion shoot.
Looks like a perfect afternoon!
Ahhh they look to be enjoying the good weather
They're adorable, and look very peaceful!