Lejays17 Doll-A-Week 2020
(12-01-2020, 02:11 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Oh yes, the Olympics... I wonder if we get to have them next year. She's cute, it's nice to have a doll representing your 'own' sport (eventhough her stock will be stolen by Pullips).

I was rather excited when Elfy sent me a text message saying he saw it on the shelf.  I also like that she has darker skin too, as well as dark hair.  Makes her look more like me (my darker skin is the result of sun, not genetics though).
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
Elfy & I went away for a couple of days to the beach this week.  The beach was lovely (if a bit windy on the tops of the cliffs).  Amelia & Nova took their cameras along for photo opportunities.

Amelia at the top of a cliff & watching the waves crash in.
[Image: 019a94788fbc1e9db4d582f121fdb49f.jpg]

Nova looking down on the same beach - the small dot in the centre is Elfy looking back up at us  LOL
[Image: d6f4c5486f3788d28c70c2c161060910.jpg]

Nova looking out over the lighthouse at Cape Schanck
[Image: b71f7bef2bda6874446c5dd3846a7609.jpg]

Nova took a terrible selfie with the lighthouse (Amelia took a much better one a few years ago when we last visited the area)
[Image: 8b329d21188fccf26530d629f30fb539.jpg]

After a long day out & about, a BBQ picnic in the courtyard of our unit.
[Image: 0a34556a0fedadef19c54e44ab28a37d.jpg]

[Image: 3da6c80888c45630816bee350a6129a4.jpg]
The picnic set is an Our Generations set, and came with everything that's here.  It a very comprehensive set  Happy
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
I think Nova and Amelia really enjoyed their treat after a long and busy day.
Looks like a lovely day out.
Absolutely awesome photos with absolutely awesome redheads! The 'terrible selfie' one made me laugh LOL
Nova looks very relaxed, and that picnic set is adorable.
Squeee, a little pink picnic table to go with the very cute swing! What a great picnic set.
That looks like a lovely beach -- and it appears you had it to yourselves. It would be a bit scary perching dolls on fences on a windy day. I laughed at Nova's "terrible selfie" too. She should send it to Flickr's current "your worst shot" contest LOL
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
What a fun beach trip! It's always exciting to visit a lighthouse!

Well, I find visiting lighthouses to be exciting, at any rate.

The pic with teeny tiny Elfy way down on the beach below is particularly fun!

Ah, all the wind-blown hair! Triv can relate, having had a breezy beach adventure herself this past week.
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
I love these photos - and they are relatively good at stopping my cravings for pleaces lilke this that I cannot visit right now. The girls seem to have enjoyed the day a lot, but it must have been a long trip for them: they seem to have gotten a little exhausted by the time they got home. That BBQ picnic in the courtyard was well-deserved.

Some of the items in that OG set seem prefectly in-scale for the girls - which is good, but also weird, considering they were made for much bigger dolls. OG dolls aren't available here, so my knowledge of them is very limited, but I remember reading about them over on The Toy Box Philosopher blog, and I also remember Emily reviewing sets and mentioning how some of the items are weirdly a completely different scale - even within the same set!
My Flickr Gallery blush

"I wear my sunglasses at night
So I can, so I can
See the light that's right before my eyes"
Thanks all!  It was great to be able to go to the beach - I liked the "bad selfie" pic the most (and tghere were some that were more out of focus than this was  LOL )

I've had a busy week this week with work, and completely forgot to post my weekly photo!

So last week's photo:

Our Christmas ceramic Me Too You bears that live under the tree at this time of year.

[Image: d5adacafc14bd9f90ef1e139fa2a659b.jpg]
(and yes, that is a Yoda in the left hand side of the photo)

I'm currently participating in a Mystery Knit-Along to create a Gnome.  Here's a progress shot from a few days ago with a bonus ceramic gnome
[Image: 4a9d2cc9554db272755c3894507984f8.jpg]
Love the bonus ceramic gnome.
How does a "mystery knit-along" work?
Will be interesting to see the result.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
The little bears are adorable! Such a jolly scene!
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
(12-20-2020, 05:15 PM)Alliecat Wrote: How does a "mystery knit-along" work?
Will be interesting to see the result.

It’s a pattern that is released in a series of “clues” over a period of time.  You are told at the start that you will need a certain amount of yarn in a variety of colours (depending on what you are making).

So for this specific mystery knit-along, we were told we were making a Gnome (the designer is known for them), and we needed 4 different colours, one light, one dark & 2 in between. And about 20g/80m of each.
And then the clues are released (pattern instructions), generally once every week or fortnight, and you knit along with a group of other people knitting the same thing.  They’re a lot of fun to do, especially if the group is chatty.
This specific one is an advent challenge, so the clues are released every second day but are qyute small to are easily achieved.
(12-20-2020, 05:21 PM)davidd Wrote: The little bears are adorable! Such a jolly scene!

Thanks!  I have fun setting it up each year - they all pretty much stand on their own, except for the one in the snowball  LOL