PrettyTiny Film Company Pic A Week *2020*! (The END!!)
The girls seem so caring, I love the photo!

And no worries about the rant, it is totally valid - and sad, both from your friend's aspect, and also from that of those ignorant and selfish beings... we have some here too, but probably not as massively. I'm sad to hear you need to put up with all of this, and I'm wishing a speedy recovery for your friend!
My Flickr Gallery blush

"I wear my sunglasses at night
So I can, so I can
See the light that's right before my eyes"
Thanks, everyone! smile  The well-wishes are appreciated.  As of Sunday night he said he felt good enough to maybe go to work Monday.  I haven't heard yet how that went, but, obviously he feels a lot better.  I was kind of gobsmacked because it illustrated how much difference there is in precautions compared to the library where I work.  I'm going to ask but I bet we'd have to quarantine another couple of weeks or present a negative test.   But then, it's a government department (education) and in the same building as the school, not a privately owned business.  And I guess everyone there's been ex-posed already anyway, so...  I've heard you're only contagious the first few days -- who knows if that's true.
Anywho, he was feeling better YAY so hopefully there won't be any lasting effects.

(12-06-2020, 09:03 AM)Elfy Wrote: Defeating the virus as a population is not an easy task. It requires support from everyone in the community ...
And this is why I feel like we'll never get on top of it if that is the only recourse.  Too many people are [see below]. sad
(12-06-2020, 09:19 AM)dargosmydaddy Wrote: Too many people have their heads up their butts. The number of people I've encountered who are unconcerned and/or think they're the exception to whatever rule they find "unfair," etc. has been getting to me.
Yep, all of that.  I hearya.

That was a surprisingly easy photo to shoot too -- a computer screen is a great night-shot light source!

This week we are back to dolls with flowers, yay!  More to come when I sort them, because tonight's pic-a-week pic turned into a whole session for almost all the blooming orchids.  Flash, on the floor, because the sun has not shown itself in.... iforgethowlong.

[Image: 50697121453_a7b6e8215f_o.jpg]
"""Yaaaayyy!!!  He bloomed!!!  We love you, Howard -- you're so pretty!!!"""

Bonus pic:

[Image: 50697868206_e336b11753_o.jpg]
Beallara Marfitch "Howard's Dream"
As noted in the other thread, his leaves are crimped and he's pretty scruffy-looking.  Not sure how to fix that...  Anyway, his flowers will last a couple of weeks and are not fragrant.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
Oooh, congrats, Howard!!! So beautiful!
Aw, looks lovely!
That's an impressive cascade of purple tropical flowery exotica, there!

All this forum chat about orchids is tempting me to delve in to that realm, simply to bring some tropical-ness to my dreary existence.
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
Glad your friend is feeling better! Howard looks lovely (as do his mini friends, of course).
Howard looks wonderful. Glad t hear your friend is healing, too. I’m nit sure of the protocols elsewhere, but down here from the time you’re diagnosed as positive you have to be in isolation for at least 14 days.
Great news your friend is feeling better.

Howard looks very festive with his purple flowers. And the minis are properly delighted!
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
Thank you, everybody!  This week my friend says he's not 100% but feels very much better.  Yay!

Although I'm not a huge fan of the song, I've always liked the line "kick at the darkness till it bleeds daylight".  In this dark world, we could all strive to bring a little more light.  With that in mind I decided to put out Christmas lights for the first time in iforgethowmany years.  They definitely aren't entered in the community decorating contest but they are cheery in this dark and crappy year.  
I just happened to have green & yellow but am saying they symbolize palm trees & sunshine, where I would rather be LOL

[Image: 50731353996_83bb9eb640_c.jpg]

The crew wishes everyone some extra light this season smile
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
Palm trees and sunshine - I like that idea!
Is that actual frost and condensation on the window?
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
Beautiful! And I love the little book in her hand-- was she reading by Christmas lights?
Ah, this picture omits warmth and coziness. And your windows are apparently better-insulated than ours Tongue My dolls would freeze to death sitting next to them like that (the flat is rented, and window-upgrading isn't something I'm willing to pay for in a flat that isn't mine).

I apparently failed to comment on Howard - I wanted to. He bloomed beautifully, no wonder the girls are happy smile

Glad to hear your friend is feeling much better!
My Flickr Gallery blush

"I wear my sunglasses at night
So I can, so I can
See the light that's right before my eyes"
Ah, yes, warm and cozy. Being able to put lights on everything (although I only do it inside) is one of the reasons I love winter including the darkness it brings.
You take such lovely shots with soft light.
Ah, there's such a sense of peace from the picture. It's lovely.