Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quarantine20 Scavenger Hunt!!! ...The winners...!!! :D
I too love the Star Wars magnets. I have a collection of miniature TIE fighters and walkers, but no magnets yet... I'd buy a magnet with such a theme in a heartbeat! LOL

And including a magnet instead of a business card with orders, like that one from Mota de Algodon, is such a great idea! Instead of putting it away, buyers can stick it on the fridge, which is decorative, and constantly reminds them that they can just go and place another order Tongue

I managed to take another 4! yay So here are my last entries - I mixed up the order a bit ^^

12.  a rainbow
- this is Silverfish. She came to me as a head from Aliex-press, I put her on a T4 body, and I'm in love with how she looks now. The name stuck on her because her silvery-purply hair colour reminded me of silverfish (which I loooove Heart 2 ). She likes ponies and unicorns, so when the rainbow challenge came up, she ran to the dolls' collector cabinet and took out a pony from their collection to pose with, as it fits the theme: Rainbow Dash!
[Image: 49851667022_9ba4ab9806_z.jpg]
Little pony collector by ~Loona~, on Flickr

23.  smallest denomination coin
- Yeah, as I said, Silverfish likes ponies, so for the next picture she wanted to pose with 2 ponies from my My Little Pony collection. Our local currency here in Hungary is Hungarian Forint (HUF). The smallest unit in theory is 1 forint, however, while they are virtually still available, 1 and 2 forint coins are no longer being used. Our smallest coin in use is the 5 forint one Silverfish is holding in her right - the back of it depicts a beautiful bird.
I wanted to dig up an 1 forint coin, as those used to be very tiny, but I didn't manage to find one, so for the smallest coin available in my household I used a 1 Grosz coin that I brought home as leftover cash from Poland a few years ago.
[Image: 49850873963_12ef8d7ca9_z.jpg]
Coins by ~Loona~, on Flickr

18.  something from another country
- meet Tristen, the one who started it all. I was not very interested in dolls and never even considered doll collecting before I came across her in a second-hand toy store. She stole my heart, and while I have since purchased quite a number of dolls, she will always have a special place in my heart. How come she is modeling for this theme? That's because the LIV wig she is wearing is from another country! I found it on a flea market during our honeymoons in Barcelona! smile
[Image: 49851611277_2b22df783c_z.jpg]
Tristen by ~Loona~, on Flickr

10.  a hammer or screwdriver
- just as I was finishing up Tristen's photoshoot, Fen Fen appeared next to me holding a screwdriver. The poor girl has an eyecip that wandered off center - and she is right! It's high time I opened her head up and fixed that!
[Image: 49850952693_7049ebf149_z.jpg]
Fix you
by ~Loona~, on Flickr
My Flickr Gallery blush

"I wear my sunglasses at night
So I can, so I can
See the light that's right before my eyes"
The poor girl with the wandering eye chip. I hope you fix her soon now that she’s presented you with a screwdriver.

How cute that your dolls have toys too, the little ponies are just the right size,
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
Oooo. Tristen. Every once in a while I have a look for her on eBay. I do NOT need to start collecting random dolls, but she is very pretty. What do you do for clothes for her -- they're bigger than Barbies, aren't they...?
Those ponies are so TINY! And yes, poor girl needs her eyeball screwed back in straight LOL

(I had to google, wondering if "silverfish" is something different in Hungary (like a kind of fish?)... but just found the definition I'm familiar with... slinky little bugs that infest humid places... ??)
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
fairywarriorcat - your Js and your cats are beautiful!

Loona - wow, thank you very much! It's so nice to 'meet' someone who loves this country so much! Great batch of photos, I love the light in all of them. Silverfish's hair is beautiful! Do you call her Pikkelyke?  I also have a Tristen, I don't take many pics of her, but I love her, she's such a beauty. The screwdriver photo is hilarious!
All so lovely!
Loona your dolls are so pretty! I like seeing the variety in collections, and Silverfish looks great on a pullip body. Reminds me of the Nano Haruka doll: https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10078185

Well, I guess this is the end of the hunt. This was really fun!

"Aloha everybody!! Yep, we're pau (done).
"Thank you so much for playing!  We had a blast seeing what you all found, along with some laughs, some history lessons, and lots of creativity.
"Shout-out to s1dthesqu1d, dargosmydaddy, lejays, elfy, and neon who did EVERY SINGLE PROMPT PLUS THE BONUS SHOT!!! and davidd who did all 24.  We had almost a pic a day for the month, so everyone did great to post so many entries.
"Mum's head is spinning right now after going through ALL 14 PAGES to re-count everyone's entries.  And it came out the same way as her list that she kept through the month, so YAY!  Here's our count of entries (2 for the composite shot) and a fun pic of Mum's list; please let us know if you think we missed any.  Mum's a bit slammed today with work but we'll try to do the draw this week."

"Love, Sunsette   Heart 2 "

davidd:  24
werepuppy:  12
deadlynova:  16
neon:  24  +2
kirakira:  12
elfy:  24  +2
lejays:  24  +2
dargosmydaddy:  24  +2
fairywarriorcat:  20
loona:  11
s1dthesqu1d:  24  +2

[Image: 49855526248_102896ec9c_z.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
What a fun contest! 221 total pictures, if I counted that up correctly!
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
Thanks so much for holding this, we had heaps of fun looking for the prompts & doing the photos each round.

Congrats to everyone who entered photos, and especially those who did every prompt.

Wow, it’s a lot of pictures!,
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
I can't believe I missed a scavenger hunt!  Stupid job, stressing me out and keeping me from dolly fun. Irritated
Wow, that is a lot! Congratulations to everyone who participated - and also congrats to Mum for keeping track of it all! Thank you for the opportunity, it was both fun participating and seeing what others have found and came up with smile

I report that Fen Fen's eye chips have been fixed. Well, partially - no more wandering eye, but I have yet to find out why her spinning mechanism doesn't work (she has a spinning 4-colour switching eye mechanism somewhat similar to that of Blythes. I can spin the eyeball manually, but it doesn't switch to blinking like it should).

(05-04-2020, 09:27 AM)Alliecat Wrote: Oooo.  Tristen.  Every once in a while I have a look for her on eBay.  I do NOT need to start collecting random dolls, but she is very pretty.  What do you do for clothes for her -- they're bigger than Barbies, aren't they...?

(I had to google, wondering if "silverfish" is something different in Hungary (like a kind of fish?)... but just found the definition I'm familiar with... slinky little bugs that infest humid places...  ??)
Clothing Moxie Teenz is indeed tricky, because yes, they are bigger... Back when they weren's *so* stupidly expensive I managed to buy some of their official fashion packs and wigs (one new in the Czech Republic - on one of the trips I was mentioning to neon_jellyfish earlier ^^  - and some off eBay MIB, but for reasonable prices), but some Barbie clothes do fit them - the clothes she is wearing in the picture above are fakie clothes that are meant to be Barbie-sized. I found the older clothes were looser, and many of those are a reasonably good fit. Well, if you don't mind that regular leggings become capris and long-sleeves 3/4-sleeves Tongue

And yep, that is the one. I've been fascinated with those little bugs ever since I was a child, and I am always happy if I come across one every now and then Heart

(05-04-2020, 08:25 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Silverfish's hair is beautiful! Do you call her Pikkelyke?
Sometimes yes (that's the name we used for the bugs at home, and I always found the name "Ezüstös pikkelyke" (translating into something like "Silvery little scaly [bug]") adorable), but sometimes I just call her by the English name smile

(05-05-2020, 04:19 AM)fairywarriorcat Wrote: Loona your dolls are so pretty! I like seeing the variety in collections, and Silverfish looks great on a pullip body. Reminds me of the Nano Haruka doll: https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10078185
Thank you! And I see the resemblance too, though Nano Haruka seems much more detailed - which it should be at that price point. I haven't yet heard of them, they look beautiful!
My Flickr Gallery blush

"I wear my sunglasses at night
So I can, so I can
See the light that's right before my eyes"
Congrats to everyone! And thanks again, Alliecat!

We were discussing the next round, and I'm ready to go, but I wanted to ask if you guys want to start right away or take a break for a week (or two)?
We are happy with whatever the group wants. We did enjoy doing the photos every week, as we could do them on the weekend after the prompts were posted.

But if others want a break for a week or so, thats cool!
(05-06-2020, 06:08 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: We were discussing the next round, and I'm ready to go, but I wanted to ask if you guys want to start right away or take a break for a week (or two)?

Let's GO! GO! GO!
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
Ha ha. I’m good with whatever also.
I got as far as printing the draw tickets today, but the printer glitched and I had to clean the print heads... slash