"Constellation" & "Tarot" dolls (more pix Mar. 5)
Wow, she's gorgeous! I adore her outfit, and her wee treasure box! And the pictures where she's lounging on the map look like they should be the cover of some kind of pirate adventure book.
Cute! Your photoshoot with Catherine looks so magical! I love the colours, and her posing is natural and realistic. I’m struggling to decide how old she looks though – do you have a theory of that in mid? She looks both childlike and mature to me at the same time. And Taryn seems cool and strong. Badass with a bit of sass ^^

I’ve come across these girls a few times on AliExpress before, but they are strangely too big for my taste (BlackKitty of The Multicrafteral Lab blog had a review of them with size comparisons where there was size comparison too). Too bad, I'm in love with Virgo's olverall colour scheme! I always wondered if the dolls are knock-offs of another existing doll line – ok, this sounds so bad, as if China couldn’t have their original ideas… I definitely didn’t mean it like that. It’s just the amount of actual knock-offs I’ve come across onAli that makes me have these thoughts all the time... Oh My

I love their detailed outfits, especially the pirate one! I actually saved one of your pictures of Taryn to my hard drive (let me know if that’s an issue) to a folder in which I collect photos of clothes for inspiration for my future sewing projects. It’s a shame that while the manufacturer seems to put in so much effort into the dolls’ overall look (and even adds manufacturer’s tags!), not so much effort goes into preserving that look – I’m talking about the staining fabric used. Come on, tt’s so easy to prevent such damage (and then avoid having to refund you)… If sanding didn’t work, you could try sunfading with acne cream – it worked great (and completely resolved the issue in only a few days :O ) for me on a playline doll who had a black scarf – and also this as a result: sad

[Image: 5g07rfr.jpg]
(here's another photo from the back)

Seeing your photos and having seen those of others taken of these dolls, I’m thinking it might actually be the face mold and the alignment of the eye sockets that are making the girls look slightly cross-eyed, not the placement of the eyes. It can’t be that so many of them have that! I don’t find it bad though, I think it adds a little character to them.
It might not be the result of the face mold though – I know you mentioned you don’t want to touch the eyes, but eye sockets are always like little pockets (well, at least all the ones I’ve opened up/swapped so far were like that anyway), so the eyes can’t "fall into the head" smile If you don’t want to take the eyes out, just push them around, the worst that can happen is that you accidentally make them more misaligned (LOL, I know that wasn’t encouraging at all Tongue ). If you may decide to give it a go in the future, I’d recommend using hot water instead of a hairdryer though – the direct heat from the hairdryer can melt both the eyelashes and the hair (speaking from experience Cry ), while submerging the head (in a plastic bag) in hot water will make the head soft just the same, without damaging these fine plastic parts.
My Flickr Gallery blush

"I wear my sunglasses at night
So I can, so I can
See the light that's right before my eyes"
She has so much personality in these photos!

(04-17-2020, 03:36 PM)Elfy Wrote: Catherine did well funding a koala in a Canadian forest, unless you drove waaay further than you said.
Ha haa.  Didn't have to drive at all for that one.
And if it's a magic fairy glade, who knows what you might find living out there...?  xp

(04-18-2020, 12:18 AM)dargosmydaddy Wrote: Wow, she's gorgeous! I adore her outfit, and her wee treasure box! And the pictures where she's lounging on the map look like they should be the cover of some kind of pirate adventure book.
Thank you smile  That would be cool... Now she just has to get in line while I write 2 others....  LOL

(04-18-2020, 04:14 AM)Loona Wrote: I’m struggling to decide how old she looks though – do you have a theory of that in mid? ... I’ve come across these girls a few times on AliExpress before, but they are strangely too big for my taste ...
I hadn't really thought about Catherine's age... but if she's some sort of guardian-forest-spirit fairy, maybe she is ageless?  LOL  
Are you thinking of the 1/3 "Fortune Days" dolls on Aliex-press?  These are 1/6.    Fortunately those stains don't show and aren't higher on her face.  I don't have any zit cream & don't want to buy a whole thing of it for just that.  
Nope, Catherine really has a wonky eye.  And really nope, I'm not going to mess with it.  Just feels like asking for trouble, and besides, real people aren't perfectly shaped either. 
There are indeed tons of knockoffs on Aliex-press, but I have yet to see these lines named as such. It can be hard to keep track of them all.

(04-18-2020, 06:05 AM)fairywarriorcat Wrote: She has so much personality in these photos!
Thanks smile  It did feel like quite a strong personality emerged during the beach shoot.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
(04-19-2020, 12:36 PM)Alliecat Wrote: Are you thinking of the 1/3 "Fortune Days" dolls on Aliex-press?  These are 1/6.

No, I did a double-check on Ali after seeing your photos, and sadly I'm finding these too big. I have a weird observation regarding what is big and what not, and for some reason, 30 cm (that's what Ali says their height is) with these proportions seems to be too big for my brain. I guess it has to do with the head size too - Pullips are about the same size, but I don't see them as big at all. On the other hand, I do consider Barbies to be too big, the reason why I rebodied my Disney Store Rapunzel was also because of the "too big" body, and I have a 26cm obitsu I bought earlier this year which is collecting dust because I found it to be too big to rebody anyone (including Pullips) onto. It's really me, not the actual size Sweatdrop To me these dolls would look great in the size of a J-doll, or even a little bit smaller - so not much of a difference in reality Tongue

*Moxie Teenz are a weird and unique exception. I seriously don't know how I don't find them too big, whereas they are closer to the 40 cm mark.

The ageless theory would totally make sense and would suit Catherine perfectly! ^^
My Flickr Gallery blush

So I can, so I can
Well, that was interesting....
Clearly I need to spend a lot more time with the J-Dolls... but then sometimes I think my spatial perception in general is skewed. I didn't really think these girls were that much bigger. This afternoon I took them out for a comparison shot & was really quite surprised.

[Image: 49800415837_4266874e9d_z.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
Red pirate girl is so cute! Similar style outfit to the recently announced Sowrene Pullip, but at about 20% of the price. Really might need to get one.
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
A few more photos of Catherine from her pic-a-week shoot.
She really is pretty, and I love the poseability of the body.  I don't know if this is what obitsus are like or if this is very different.  Anyway, it's nice.

[Image: 51007257401_620e738596_o.jpg]

[Image: 51006550573_0142569d47_o.jpg]

[Image: 51007257211_a2792a84fd_o.jpg]
Catherine's tiny bit of cross-eye-edness is adorably cute in the last pic!
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
OK, I'm realising here that I opened and then abandodned some threads without replying to them... in some cases, weeks ago  Sweatdrop the downsides of my weird multiwindow browsing habit Tongue Apologies Alliecat (and others who also fell victim to my clumsiness blush ).

Catherine is adorable indeed, I love her light pastel colour scheme, and her grey hair looks *so* nice with the pink! I agree with davidd, the alignment of her eyes just add to her character and make her look even more ageless - ladylike but childish at the same time.

You mention her posing - did you manage to move the torso joint eventually  (I remember you had issues with it refusing to move), or is the posing still great with that being stuck?
My Flickr Gallery blush

So I can, so I can