May (the 2020 Quarantine End Soon) Scavenger Hunt
#2. Something School:

[Image: mayhunt2.jpg]
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
Here we go for the first round of May.

My kingdom for a something or other:

[Image: cbda87b23beac4bfebe611ade9a72d71.jpg]

Evie with 3 things that I, and I suspect Evie, cannot live without - Coke, the Mighty Richmond Tigers (reigning Premiers, saying that just does not get old) and my signed copy of The Lies of Locke Lamora.

School:

[Image: de6a07dcf572398f215f7d5b725c3ee5.jpg]

When I was at school, a pencil case was something that every kid had to have, here Maeve investigates the contents of her pencil case.

Things that start with the letter of your name/nick:

[Image: 7361c9a75386164fb5ae3c3b98d9a2a8.jpg]

Esther with an Eeyore, an egg and an elephant candle holder.

Polka dots:

[Image: 1bd8948514541c38b7901f74050ed95e.jpg]

Wearing her polka dot dress, Amelia poses amongst our white roses, which despite the weather are still blooming.
Everyone's photos are all so fun!

davidd, the school picture is great, a bit concerning about what is being studied.

Here's my first set of pics:

1/ My Kingdom for... a pair of shorts (or jeans!) that fit around the waist.

[Image: de38e8c6c5de5e0376288ad24bf0b844.jpg]
Nyxie demonstrates how annoying it is to have shorts/jeans that don't fit around the waist when one can't try on new clothes to find the correct size (I'm currently wearing belts with my pants, and they're still too large).

2/ Polkadots
[Image: e372c4ea552b21257cbfcf4ca25630fe.jpg]
We have both casual AND formal polka-dot outfits in our wardrobe.

3/ School
[Image: 3b20ed1fac6def7dcaf8cdd2c1412faf.jpg]
Jo-Meg shows off 3 of the Very Large Collection of school books I own.

4/ Items with first letter of name - I picked my board nick-name, as it's not very easy to find things that start with my actual name.
[Image: 8a4b73c06f104fa2490d69d64c085324.jpg]
This is Lottie, in the Library, on the shelf of authors beginning with L.  She is surrounded by Lilliput Lane houses, and there's a Lamp to light the room up.
Lilliput lane link - from wikipedia.  They are Elfy's collection, and when we were in England a few years back it was very exciting to see some of the actual houses we have the miniatures of.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
Squee! That's an absolutely amazing school shot, davidd! I love the dramatic lighting. And that notebook with 'caramel' written on it. I love caramel, it's my all-time favorite flavor, I like it even more than chocolate.

Elfy, what a great batch! There are authors I'd love to sign my books, but most of them are already dead. I need to get a medium to channel them and have them sign my books that way. I have a few Nici pencil cases! And more than a few Nici sheep LOL The 'E' group looks nice and cozy, and the egg gives it a touch of Wonderland-style nonsense, I love it! And Amelia among the roses is simply gorgeous!

Lejays - another great batch! The pants one made me chuckle. Your polka dots ladies are beautiful, and you came up with a great solution for the school prompt! The 'L' photo is awesome, I love all the stuff you found and I'm a little envious (but in a good way) of your library, my books are sorted by size to save space, I'd love to have them organized properly.
Oh, I tidied up the tiny space I used for the photo of Lottie. If I pulled back the shot, you can see that the library isn’t well organised at all smile

Although most of the books are in around about the right place for their letter Im the alphabet. We will ignore the 8 hip-high piles on the loungeroom floor, and the smaller piles on the library couch for the moment...

I’m really looking forward to being able to buy myself a new pair of jeans that will fit around the waist. I did find a pair at the back of the cupboard last week that do fit me now, so I’m okay for the meantime.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
#3. – Same Letter as Your Name:

[Image: letter_d.jpg]
Letter D: Draculaura in the Dungeon with symbols of Death

#4. – Polka Dots! 

[Image: polka_dots.jpg]
Bratz Holiday Jade's Polka Dot Socks
I feel you, Nyxie. LOL I get to choose between older pants that still don't fit, and newer ones that now need a belt. >sigh<
Space dinosaurs.... cooool.
Clearly I was lazy on the 'name-letter' prompt, with one item... blush
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
davidd, these are AMAZEBALLS!!!!!! I mean, I'd hang the 'D' one above my bed! So brilliant! And the lighting in polka dots one is beautiful! You're putting so much effort into these photos!

Alliecat, please refer to rule no.4! wink

I'll be back with another batch in a few hours.
(05-12-2020, 02:18 PM)Alliecat Wrote: I feel you, Nyxie.  LOL  I get to choose between older pants that still don't fit, and newer ones that now need a belt.  >sigh<
Space dinosaurs.... cooool.
Clearly I was lazy on the 'name-letter' prompt, with one item...  blush

But it perfectly encapsulates you!  Something ship-related.

We were just following on from neon’s example of multiple items for our letters.

Looking forward to the next group of prompts.
New batch incoming!

I believe, ...well, I hope... They're a bit easier this time around. But we'll get back to the more requiring ones again soon...

#5 a green doll or toy

[Image: 36ae4093fd6972102aab4e36efc8fc37.jpg]

#6 something from sea / sea-themed (nautical, pirate and Captain Nemo all totally count)

[Image: b4608690b06cc572ab938481f2aba646.jpg]

That postcard is René Magritte's The Seducer.

#7 something with wings

[Image: 3bc2db7188f8861cdaec2ca7648ec221.jpg]

#8 blossom - it can be real, or artificial, or just a picture or a floral print on fabric, or whatever else with blossoms on it.

[Image: e684dfbab13a59f82812cfd6c34f24c7.jpg]
I'm off to a very slow start...

Polka dots
My girls don't have a ton of dots in their wardrobe, but I managed to dig out two spotty dresses...

[Image: 49887679107_12047aff2d_z.jpg]JemEva2 by tisue999, on Flickr
They're both so pretty! And even the background has polka dots, yay!
Oh boy! More fun prompts and clearly up some people’s alley... LOL
“Green“… Oh never mind, I was going to say that might be a challenge but I just thought of something, ha ha.
I read rule #4 .... Just sayin’, I thought afterwards that I could have scavenged a few more items.
dargos, I love the style of the black polkadot dress – so cute.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
My kingdom for...
Pizza, hair conditioner for my curls, sketchbooks, fancy art pens I can only get on Jetpens.com, CDs, and dolls of course! 

[Image: 49887681953_34a8c5cd4d.jpg]

School supplies, most of these are art supplies as this is my studio table. 
[Image: 49887681883_d5057dd683_c.jpg]

Oooh, is that a Moleskine sketchbook?