May (the 2020 Quarantine End Soon) Scavenger Hunt
I particularly like the entry from the Antipodean Division of the Ameliæ Aerodrome!
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
Alliecat - winged coolness! I know the sugar soak thingie, I've done it once before, I've been thinking about trying it if planting into fresh soil and watering isn't enough.

Elfy - that's an awesome piggy bank! Nyxie is a real beauty, and a perfect choice for this prompt. That tiny basket with flowers is the cutest thing ever!!! I love how you arranged it, it looks so pretty! I never learned how to make paper planes. Or anything else origami-esque for that matter. Bea looks like she's having a lot of fun!

Lejays - yay, a full EAH batch!!! So nice to see them again, it's been a while. Heartstruck Cupid is such a striking release, my second fav after TC. Of all the winged EAHs, I only have Faybelle, and I kinda wish they made her wings part of her body, like with MH dolls, but I still love her to bits. STINGRAY PLUSHIE!!! ME WANT!!! Was Meeshell's surname LeMer Down Under? I know her as Meeshell Mermaid. I love Nina's skintone. That's a super cute dragon, he and Jillian look like good friends!
The dragon & stingray are both really cute.  I love how you can get so many 'unusual' creatures as plushies nowadays.  
I don't think I've ever seen any rosemary I've had flower sad  Probably too short a growing season.  >sigh<  Amelia & her paper plane made me laugh.

#6 From the sea

...what, no pirates...???  LOL
This is some of my grandmother's shell collection.  Friends would bring her shells & rocks from their travels.  Back before you could just buy stuff like this on eBay...  Origins of some of these include the Atlantic, Red Sea, "Indopacific" and Philippines.
Kailani, although she's an Aquarius, has always struck me as "should be a mermaid".  Ika has some sort of squid relationship in her family tree family coral??... and Penny of course, is a mermaid (didn't have time to get into her tail cos the sun was setting & the last patch of good light on the front porch was going fast LOL  ).

[Image: 49903122031_f6caec07da_z.jpg]
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
(05-17-2020, 02:28 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Was Meeshell's surname LeMer Down Under? I know her as Meeshell Mermaid.

I was curious, so I looked her up.  It looks like everywhere but here she’s Meshell Mermaid, but she’s sold here (on the Amazon link I saw anyway) as Meshell L’Mer.  So I did get her name a little bit wrong, but not totally.

That collection of shells is amazing - such a variety!  Our baby shell collection is just ones we’ve picked up from the local beaches.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
Alliecat - what a beautiful collection of shells! I think I still have some seashells somewhere, but they kinda got lost when I was moving, so maybe I don't... I also love the fabrics, especially the one with shells, and little ladies are absolutely adorable, of course!

Lejays - I don't think L'Mer is wrong. I remember Mattel doing this before - changing the name of a character or a movie, so I wondered if that's the case with Meeshell. I think it might be because of some local copyright stuff.
Can I just say, yet again, how amazing everyone's pictures are? You all find such creative ways to manage to fill the prompts!

- - -

Green

[Image: 69734298_bae9e1e59157c55e931336dc232e1710_standard.jpg]

You say green, and I just have to bring out one of my green witches! This particular one is from the Pink Label Wizard of Oz collection from 2007, and I was lucky enough to find her last year. Oh! I gave her the name Endora, and if you know where it comes from, a cookie for you!

- - -

Wings

[Image: 69734316_3362717c89b733e6445ede20b2805364_standard.jpg]

Avea offered to show off her wings for this photo. They're small, but beautifully groomed and well taken care of. Messy wings, says Avea, are not acceptable.
Whee! I know the Endora answer - she’s Samantha’s mum from Bewitched! A fitting name for her.

And Avea is such an interesting MH figure, do you have any of the little ones they did as well?
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
werepuppy - they're both so classy! I was pretty much sure you'd be going for a wicked shade of green, so to speak, and I was looking forward to it. Avea is an amazing doll, and her wings are beautiful! I've seen a few owner photos of her, but they never showed the wings properly.

Here's the third batch!

#9 a bookmark

It doesn't have to be a bookmark per se, whatever you use to mark your reading progress is OK!

[Image: 3df62da25a73590550fde61d8946a25d.jpg]

I don't have a hoarding problem. I'm a collector.

#10 eyewear

...of any kind. Glasses, sunglasses, goggles, watchmakers magnifying glass, night vision thingamajig... Doll-, human- or dino-sized, doesn't matter!

[Image: 1e0807882044a39948b042b94e1e39fd.jpg]

I had to wear glasses for about two years when I was in high school. My eyesight got worse overnight, and got back to normal just as suddenly. The same thing happened to my mom when she was in high school. I decided to keep my glasses, because a) they might come in handy in the future, b) they have metallic purple frames.

#11 a set of two

Anything that makes a set of two in any way. It doesn't necessarily have to be a set of identical things, they can be two different things that are used together.

[Image: 3a7ac592527e62977a4ac95288b23e72.jpg]

May with her odango buns is using her set of matching wok pan and ladle to fry a pair of eyes.

#12 scale

The word 'scale' has a lot of meanings, and all of them count!

[Image: c64e3082b63b03085d0dc2b0322638b2.jpg]

Monty and May, repurposing family heirloom as a seesaw. Things like these make me think what has the world come to, when 100+ years old scales work perfectly, but 15 years old ones don't. I wish we went back to making things so that they last.
Oh My  More prompts! And I haven't even completed the last set yet! I'd best get busy!

Either I'd forgotten that MH Avea had wings, or I never knew. I need to go look at mine more closely, I guess!
I'm currently posting a new batch every five days, do you guys want more time?
(05-18-2020, 05:15 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: I'm currently posting a new batch every five days, do you guys want more time?

Just me being lazy and disorganized! Keep 'em coming! I'll catch up!
I'm OK with however you want to do it. If I get behind I can always do a quickie snapshot pic instead of setting up something more elaborate. smile
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
I’m fine with the current schedule too. We generally do our photography on the weekends as we’ve got the time, but can easily change to quicker shots weekday afternoons.

I’ve been brainstorming ideas for the next batch, two of the four a very simple for us. The other two will take a bit more thought for the perfect pic
6. Something from the Sea:

[Image: from_the_sea.jpg]
Magic Mermaid Sea Party – Brush 'n Style Their Hair!

7. Something with Wings:

[Image: wings.jpg]
Hyalophora cecropia and Novi Stars Vera Tabray
Whoaaa, those big moths are so cool! Are they common? I think this is a male, right? A cecropia was very very rare to see in Ontario & I don't think I've seen one here. Lunas are about the most exciting moths we get. I tried raising them one year. They were way more work than Monarchs so I won't again! LOL
Vera's a good match for the photo.