Poll: Which wig do you prefer?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Ginger
25.00%
3 25.00%
Black Mohair
41.67%
5 41.67%
Black long wavy
25.00%
3 25.00%
Burgandy
8.33%
1 8.33%
Total 12 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Decisions, decisions.....
So this lady has been sat in a drawer naked and bald for quite some time. When I first saw Aurora I had to have her! But once I did, I just wasn't quite sure what I wanted to do with her. Now, I'm trying to figure it out. I have 3 potential wigs:

(Please excuse her closed eye, it's jammed shut for some reason, I need to take her apart to fix it)

[Image: 50122665353_a33343a506_z.jpg]
This is the wig I originally bought for her, but I'm just not feeling it. The dress was a potential style choice with this wig.

Next up is a black mohair wig, I feel like this is more suited:
[Image: 50123452892_bdc931c040_z.jpg][Image: 50123452607_73c9d4d7ce_z.jpg]
I tried a couple of outfits to get a feel for the wig/style.

Another black wig:
[Image: 50123451777_1581e17234_z.jpg]
Again, liking the black, feel like this one could be a little flat on her.

And finally a red/burgandy coloured wig that I originally bought for Lunatic Queen (now Audrey):
[Image: 50123451237_320db2039e_z.jpg]
I'm really not sure on this one.. It's a stunning wig, I'm just not sure it's her.

I got together a random selection of potential clothes:
[Image: 50123227911_b92ae732ca_z.jpg]

I'm thinking dark, potentially witchy, maybe slightly goth, skinny jeans... considering her dark dramatic eye make-up I feel this would be a good fit. I just need to settle on a wig!  upside down

Grateful for your thoughts...

Aurora is lovely! I won't try to talk you into the original wig since you are not feeling it, but I really like how it looks on her. It's rare I see a wig with no bangs and a middle-part that doesn't make Pullip's forehead look huge :3 I found that that's the reason I don't like some of the stock dolls.

I was originally about to vote for the long black wig (I really love how the bangs look and how it makes her bright red lips pop), but then I saw the burgundy one, and I believe its cleaner-looking bottom and only slight wave matches her better than the black one's messier bottom with the smaller waves. I also like how the burgundy wig colour coordinates with her lip colour, and its colour also looks lovely with her eye colour.

For clothes, I'd go with the original black dress (though I'm a sucker for black dresses with white collars), or alternatively, with the lacey skull tunic (which is super adorable) with tight black leggings and some black jewellery (like a thin strip/ribbon-type choker and small bead bracelets).
My Flickr Gallery blush

"I wear my sunglasses at night
So I can, so I can
See the light that's right before my eyes"
Loona - thankyou! That's great feedback smile and food for thought. You've given me the idea to add a poll to the thread!

I like the ginger one, it just seems to fit the character best.
I voted the ginger as well. And I liked the black mohair the least, which is funny as that seemed to be one you were favouring.

It’s interesting how different wigs change a whole look/personality of a doll.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
I like the shorter black one. I think it goes nicely with her eyes. And with the angle of her eyebrows, I think it gives her a little more sassy look.
Please tell me where you got the burgundy one?
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
Long black with bangs, because... bangs!
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
(07-18-2020, 07:04 AM)Lilcurly Wrote: Loona - thankyou! That's great feedback smile and food for thought. You've given me the idea to add a poll to the thread!
You're welcome, I'm happy I was able to offer food for thought!

And the poll surprised me! I came to check the thread, and wondered for several seconds whether this was here already, and I have simply failed to see it earlier - and then I read your reply and all became clear Tongue just added my vote in for the burgundy wig (it seems everyone but you likes the ginger one a lot ^^ ).
My Flickr Gallery blush

So I can, so I can
Thanks all! smile IT is amazing how much a wig can change the look of a doll, and also how everyone likes different ones smile

Alliecat, the wig was from Ebay.

(07-20-2020, 01:43 AM)Lilcurly Wrote: IT is amazing how much a wig can change the look of a doll [...]
...and sometimes it doesn't even have to be a different wig. I've recently had an occasion (I'm planning to make a thread about the doll's transformation, but I haven't yet gotten there) where I bought a (middle-part) wig for one of my girls, but sadly I didn't like it on her. It made her forehead look huge, and even more so because she used to have thick bangs in her original form (which I liked, but the wig was flawed, and I wasn't able to look past the flaw). Months later, for some reason I tried this middle-part wig on her again, and in my struggle to put it on (it is a rather tight fit and slips off when I look at it wrong Tongue I have since ordered silicone wig caps in hope those will help), I put it on sideways. This created a side-part effect and made the hair fall completely differently - and I fell in love with the look! LOL
My Flickr Gallery blush

So I can, so I can
Yes I find this with fur wigs! I just don't like them with a center parting, but as soon as I put the wig on wonky and give it a side parting, it looks SO much better!!

I always love seeing doll transformations, so I look forward to when you post the thread smile

With the clothes you have selected and her perma-wink, she look like a punk girl who just love to play pranks.
So, I think the black mohair is the perfect fit for her.
[Image: 8ZtVOxb.jpg]
(08-01-2020, 05:37 PM)Kanrabat Wrote: With the clothes you have selected and her perma-wink, she look like a punk girl who just love to play pranks.
So, I think the black mohair is the perfect fit for her.

Lol, very good point! I am planning to fix the perma-wink, but it certainly works with the theme smile