TLK Skywarp! (Full custom made out of scrap Transformers parts)
It's been a while since I made a complete full customs made out of scrap parts for myself. So I went to use my favorite core bot again, the good old Movie 2007 Voyager Starscreaam. The one that I used was the Skywarp repaint. I then used the arms of the ROTF Leader Jetfire, the legs of Cybertron Menasor, and the waist part of Animated Lugnut. Bits and pieces of other bots were also used.

When I create a full custom like this, I go the free style Jazz way. I improvise, I mess up, and I improve. The final member is the missing Movie seeker,

THE LAST KNIGHT SKYWARP!
(Cybertronian form, of course.)

[Image: ANlL8Sm.jpg]
[Image: vJg2anU.jpg]
[Image: GLVlTPZ.jpg]
[Image: TGQTy7w.jpg]
[Image: sXQeJeE.jpg]
[Image: diVCcKm.jpg]
[Image: zNhZ33C.jpg]
[Image: CdpzYwe.jpg]
[Image: 6nCcoqW.jpg]

As usual, the underside cannot be "clean". Still, there's a convenient weapon storage space. Final Fantasy 8 fans will recognise where the weapon come from.

[Image: 3TPXSqx.jpg]
[Image: Jl6LF3Q.jpg]

And a comparison between the OG mold on the left (2007 Starscream G1 version) and the 2018 Studio Series '07 Starscream on the right.

[Image: DJA4s9g.jpg]

Before going to the robot mode, I have to show off the transformation. There's many steps. I used minicon ports and deluxe hands to lock the arms in bot mode and the legs in jet mode. The vehicle AND the bot thus pass the shake test!

I made a video to show how the thing transform. Forgive the quality because I'm ill equiped and I'm a total noob on that front.

As you can see, I used a leg of the original 2007 Starscream to lock the waist in place. It's a perfect fit and it snap in beautifully.
The weapon is a very, very loose fin in hands but it's manageable. I find it very cool and original for a Transformers to have such a melee weapon.

[Image: 4zqO0vB.jpg]
[Image: K3nJE8v.jpg]
[Image: WRDc3jG.jpg]
[Image: fswQ9PO.jpg]
[Image: OdqS48U.jpg]
[Image: 4AFA59T.jpg]
[Image: mhIpH3G.jpg]

And the comparison with the other bots:

[Image: YuVTOiv.jpg]

It was a lot of work to make and I made many "happy accidents". Each time a catastrophe happenned, it was an opportunity to improve on my design. I'm very happy with the results and I think this may be my best Frankensformers to date.

Hope you enjoyed!

[Image: F5ZjcAC.jpg]

BTW, completely off topic but I painted that plate as well at a Ceramic Café. I improvised based on a random photo on my phone. I'm an amateur but I'm happy with the result. smile

[Image: 7kjFwMT.jpg]
[Image: 8ZtVOxb.jpg]
What a fun project! Looks like very tedious work, but a lot of fun trying to find things that work and that look good both in 'bot and in vehicle mode. Excellent Frankenformer!

The painting is cute, too. I imagine this is what Alliecat's house looks like near the seashore up in Canada.
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
(09-14-2020, 12:44 PM)davidd Wrote: What a fun project! Looks like very tedious work, but a lot of fun trying to find things that work and that look good both in 'bot and in vehicle mode. Excellent Frankenformer!

The painting is cute, too. I imagine this is what Alliecat's house looks like near the seashore up in Canada.

When I create a custom, I never really plan ahead. I play by hear and I go full "Bob Ross!"

I'm not a passionate painter, but the "talent" seems to run in my blood, mother side.  Happy
If I'd stop buying too much random stuff for just a few years (or decades) I could retire to a seaside house. In another life, I may have been a sailor.
[Image: 8ZtVOxb.jpg]