Fairies in the Garden
Inspired by the comment davidd made a few weeks ago about the Cottingley fairies & that they are more likely to be able to be photographed during a pandemic when people don't go out much, I "set up" cameras around the garden in the hope that more would be found.
I have been very lucky to have captured a wide variety of fairies - here's some of the better shots  Happy

The original photo from a few weeks ago - Farrah Goodfairy with a sock
[Image: 8f695665e291f72aab35cec7e9eacdab.jpg]

An Urban/Rock Fairy AKA a Gargoyle - this one was taken outside the local Buddhist temple up the road from us.
[Image: 4d5f9885ac8f9cd453d0dc849fb79e83.jpg]

Fluffy fairy above the lily
[Image: 7d51dd7a2f62996b18d7b6a0c4c4cd8b.jpg]

In the big camellia bush
[Image: 292e21cbf3f1129db0b23ff3873e13b9.jpg]

More Rock Fairies out near the clothesline
[Image: 597f60ed1c309a28fc898871cec72b24.jpg]

Sunflower fairy with the Bird of Paradise.  This is a La-De-Daa doll, I believe
[Image: 8c08ca9b52a791f245e6f01781c16356.jpg]

Elaborate Cupid fairy in the rose-pots on the front porch (this is the other side of the porch from the pot where Farrah was photoed
[Image: 8c6ac223cbf10ad2d1e89d35c5b5a66b.jpg]

La-De-Daa in a field of yellow flowers
[Image: 948f3d727ae4e337e7bbd1991e46ba0c.jpg]

Urban fairy Cerise is a bit lost in the rose-bushes, I think  LOL

[Image: 0e064380af01453ddef956c58c192c62.jpg]

And Faybelle isn't really hiding in the bed of camellia flowers
[Image: 5158adb3284f02e995ad35546c83e82e.jpg]

She's a bit more hidden here, but not much more
[Image: 37e7bb498701fda9cd3c58e416ba92a2.jpg]

And finally, the lily fairy in the back-yard
[Image: 2e6e17bad80828e1ed9398e0dc38db11.jpg]
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
Until we did this I had no idea so many magical creatures inhabited our garden and surrounding areas.
How fun to go fairy hunting in your garden! Hmm... I wonder if any live in my back woodlot LOL Ahhhh, you have a bird of paradise!! So cool. And what a fun variety of fairies. Bear fairies! And I like the pinks-&-greens in the Cupid pic.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
So many faeries! Be sure to leave something nice out for them.

I do love the creativity here
Squeeee! The bear fairies... Bearies... are to die for!!!!

And I love the idea of Rochelle being a rock fairy, it makes her blend into your EAH crew quite smoothly!
Those are sweet pictures of your MH girls and Teddy!
A burgundy beary! I would imagine such creatures are incredibly rare!

What a marvelous sequence of fairy photos! They are each adorable, yet mysterious as well.

La Dee Da dollies did not last very long. They certainly looked like a fun, colorful line. I was hoping they would catch on.

I did not know there was a Frightfully Tall version of Rochelle! Perhaps that is only in the fairy world!
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
Thanks all for admiring all the fairies (and bearies - that's such a cool name, I'm going to adopt it!).  I couldn't find my other big bearie, a lot of stuff in the back-room was moved around when I started WFH in April, and that's where I last saw it.  It's probably hidden behind a pile of work-stuff smile

(09-28-2020, 01:42 PM)davidd Wrote: I did not know there was a Frightfully Tall version of Rochelle! Perhaps that is only in the fairy world!
If you're asking about the Rochelle in front of the temple, she's just a regular-sized doll - the same one is with Scaris Rochelle on the bricks.  She's from the Ghoul's Night Out line, the single doll, not the multi-pack.
It must be the angle I took her on that she looks so much bigger than she actually is.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
Knowing what you said about Giant Rochelle, I went back and looked at the photo again... and the one in the foreground still looks enormous to me. Odd. I'm losing my visual spatial discrimination, maybe. (But I actually think she's giant!)
I need to save them to the photo-hoster, but I caputured some more photos of the rock-fairies that show they are actually the same size.

I don’t know why that particular one has such a weird forced-perspective - I don’t think I did anything different, and I took others after this that didn’t have the same effect.
After dinner now, so can post the extra photos  LOL

These were captured on one of our daily walks - the rock fairies seem to be more adventurous than the other ones  Whacked

Near some purple "daisies" - there are a few different varieties of these around, all different colours.

[Image: 397cc11962d85f9645cd69de5d28e205.jpg]

In their natural rocky habitat.
[Image: 7df8182c37eaa016c62bebfd5b7f14df.jpg]

And finally, visiting the local Spoonville - this one is in the local park next to a daycare centre

[Image: d26ff1a7c68bf81f0b2daf773c556f2e.jpg]
They're so cute. And I love the idea of Spoonvile!
Ah, this is amazing!
I think maybe those Rock Fairies have some shape-shifting abilities. Now they look mostly the same size, although the one with the beret looks a tiny bit taller now.
yay

They're quite adorable! How fun to spot them several times during your walk! And seeing them in (a) Spoonville, too! 

Had to look up "Spoonville": https://spoonvilleinternational.com/about-us/

I wonder if there are Rock Fairies around where I live? There are lots of rocks. I'll have to look more closely, and try to be more quiet, when I am out and about.
Spoonville is so cute and whimsical. I'd have said it was neat & left it at that, but leave it to davidd to dig up the extra info. What a fun idea!
Those look like maybe osteospermum daisies...?
Your fairies are getting around to have some adventures smile
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]