TURKOCK, the Folw Drill Sergeant! (Xmass gift for my mom)
(12-27-2020, 10:33 AM)davidd Wrote: This is quite a clever kitbash, and must have taken quite a bit of thought and effort to figure out and assemble.

Thanks!
At first, I wanted to just make a chicken using transformers parts. A non-transforming one. But quickly enough, I told myself that it would be quite a waste to make him non-transformable.

Next challenge was to not make him too big. The first parts I selected would have made quite the monster.  Sweatdrop
By digging a bit more in my pile-o-scraps, I found the best parts to use and then, figuring out how to make the thing work.

For the paint, the base coat is some metalic water based acrylic. An expensive can, but it made an amazing result. Finally, I used my airbrush kit for the silver, copper, and teal colors. A dash of red with a paint brush. And finally, a special copped paint pen.

I'm really happy with the result. It make for a pretty silly and fun Transformers.
Before gift-wrapping him, I'll wait until the last minute so that the paint can "breathe", thus avoiding a nasty smell.
I'm sure my mom will like it and will be impressed.  Happy
[Image: 8ZtVOxb.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: TURKOCK, the Folw Drill Sergeant! (Xmass gift for my mom) - by Kanrabat - 12-27-2020, 11:10 AM