Elfy's Doll a Week 2021
Weather and life in general saw to it that this wasn't posted yesterday. We're right in the middle of football season here.

[Image: 2f8192730310ce363b1710346d249b23.jpg]

Dimma and newcomer Shai (pronounced Shay) discuss tactics and team selection.

Shai was a birthday present from Lejays (my birthday was last week). He's named after one of the most exciting young talents in the game, but if he decides not to sign with the Tigers again at the end of this season this little fella may be getting a name change.
Happy slightly belated birthday!

Not to sign with the Tigers? Why would anyone pass on the opportunity to sign with the Tigers?

In the middle of football season; oh, right, AFL football! All my English contacts on another forum have gone offline for three weeks during the EURO2020 football aka soccer tournament. Apparently it is a mega-major thing in Europe and the UK.

Looks like the Tigers are still holding on to some credibility, if barely; but neither Collingwood nor Adelaide are bothering to show up this season. Oh well, could be worse, could be pulling for Hawthorn.
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
They are cute, and both look very cuddly. You have quite a collection of little mascots. Happy belated birthday!! grin
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
I hope that Shai is taking in all that Dimmer can teach him.

And I can't see that he won't sign again, like Davidd says - why wouldn't he?

Sadly your teams are both rubbish this year Davidd, mine (Essendon) aren't much better. But I'm not all that fussed about how we do, unlike Elfy smile
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
Happy belated birthday! Shai is very cheerful-looking!
Thank you for the birthday wishes. It’s a shame Shai can’t jump like his namesake. Never seen a player with his vertical leap before.
Late again this week! We took a trip up the country to Shepparton and even got as far afield as Echuca. Becky and Sophie came with us and have a few pics that they want to share.

[Image: 0d8937ac937450203050cbfb4253e9e3.jpg]

Here they both are in their travelling bag with one of Shepparton's famous painted cows. It was rather damp and they didn't want to get their clothes all wet, fortunately the cow has sticking out ears that we could hang their bag on.

[Image: a9cf648d0c1e92a851659dbd778c4f5a.jpg]

Becky with a football playing cow. Evie is going to be so jealous! If you look close enough you can see that the football has Shepparton written on it.

[Image: aa8f64297aaa70d767bdd44986da3d1e.jpg]

This was a VW bug they saw at a garden centre that has been turned into topiary.

[Image: 2bd2d154cf014d62b47174b8a2f5b4b5.jpg]

The same garden centre had a resident cocky. The sign on his cage says he's about 50 years old and he can talk. They don't say much, but he can say Hello and his name.

It was a fun trip and I'm sure Lejays has some interesting pics to share from it, too.
A "Chia Bug!" Now that's something I've certainly never seen before!

(I see the sign says "a lawn beetle." That's pretty funny!)

Cute travelling basket; and the cows are fun!
The cows are really cool. They have them dotted all around the area, and they do rotate their locations.
The footie cow has me thinking that Adelaide should drop the "r" from their team name.
(06-28-2021, 04:43 PM)davidd Wrote: The footie cow has me thinking that Adelaide should drop the "r" from their team name.

People do call them the Cows to annoy them. The crow thing comes from Victorians calling South Australians Croweaters.
(06-28-2021, 05:36 PM)Elfy Wrote:
(06-28-2021, 04:43 PM)davidd Wrote: The footie cow has me thinking that Adelaide should drop the "r" from their team name.

People do call them the Cows to annoy them. The crow thing comes from Victorians calling South Australians Croweaters.

This forum can be quite educational sometimes!  LOL
It was a great quick getaway, and the cows are always fun to look for - we mostly photograph them at the council park as there's a lot there, but we also saw some at the council office (that's the footy one), and one of the other small-ish towns had a few as well in the gardens.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
Love the dolls with cows pictures. Becky looks particularly comfortable.
"Lawn beetle" xp There's a real car under that?
Always makes me smile to see the cows. Looks like a fun outing.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]